Jump to content Jump to content

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2014

VetteIfan

AMS97KRR said:
Good, he should be getting sent to the back for that if he did do it on purpose. It looked all too convenient. 
I do agree, but if he's sent back the race will probably be boring. I mean the Red Bulls do stand a chance against Hamilton, but Hamilton would probably run away with it no problem. I'm wondering what kind of train Ferrari can try and lead tomorrow.

Can't believe that the unanimous verdict here is that Rosberg cheated. Firstly, yes, there were unusual steering wheel movements, but that's generally how you correct a car if you are on a bumpy piece of track. Secondly, if Rosberg really wanted to cheat, how would moving the steering wheel about before the braking zone help that? It would have been no less legitimate had he kept the steering wheel straight and then locked up.

As for parking it where he did, the only other option was going straight into the barriers once he'd braked too late.

• Codemasters Staff
Definitely suspect. The way he sawed at the wheel when he started breaking... I don't remember seeing any other drivers doing that? 
Most likely because he was already braking too hard and losing control. If you're too hard on the brakes especially if you're trying to turn at the same time the rear can go light and start to come around on you. I don't believe that was anything more sinister than a steering correction.

If he did anything wrong it might have been prematurely reversing onto the race track, but we'll have to wait and see what the stewards think on that one.

yugin96 said:
Can't believe that the unanimous verdict here is that Rosberg cheated. Firstly, yes, there were unusual steering wheel movements, but that's generally how you correct a car if you are on a bumpy piece of track. Secondly, if Rosberg really wanted to cheat, how would moving the steering wheel about before the braking zone help that? It would have been no less legitimate had he kept the steering wheel straight and then locked up.

As for parking it where he did, the only other option was going straight into the barriers once he'd braked too late.
If you turn the wheel like that you can break the contact with the tyre and the track causing a lockup. Or at least I think that is the case.

AMS97KRR said:
Good, he should be getting sent to the back for that if he did do it on purpose. It looked all too convenient. 
I do agree, but if he's sent back the race will probably be boring. I mean the Red Bulls do stand a chance against Hamilton, but Hamilton would probably run away with it no problem. I'm wondering what kind of train Ferrari can try and lead tomorrow.
I'm not being funny, but Monaco is one of the more boring races anyway. Last year was basically just Rosberg leading Vettel round for however many laps. 
He should be punished like Schumacher was, chances are whoever is on pole will win anyway, based on statistics.