Jump to content
DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Failed load saved data [Grid 2019 STEAM]

Recommended Posts

hello , i have some problems about saved game , i buyed game today and started. On loading menu, i have modal window, with words ( Failed load saved data ) , and two buttons , Retry or cancel.

how fix that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @pyrexigame, Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! 

If you press cancel/retry, does the screen keep appearing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like it might be missing some files somehow. Can you try and verify the Steam files? This is the first time I've heard of this happening! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CMTGK said:

Sounds like it might be missing some files somehow. Can you try and verify the Steam files? This is the first time I've heard of this happening! 

check this video , i'm right now recorded and uploaded to youtube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for including this in your post. As I say, please try the steps below to see if this resolves things. Failing that, whilst it is a pain, please uninstall and re-install the game.

Verify Steam Files.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CMTGK said:

Thanks for including this in your post. As I say, please try the steps below to see if this resolves things. Failing that, whilst it is a pain, please uninstall and re-install the game.

Verify Steam Files.png

image.thumb.png.e21d88111ac4799470f18f2827845e25.png

 

i'm checked the game files, and reinstalled. but , i haven't errors. maybe , this problems with my Windows local account name ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you been able to play the game before? I notice you have a couple achievements unlocked already. If so, what has changed since you last were able to play the game successfully? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

Have you been able to play the game before? I notice you have a couple achievements unlocked already. If so, what has changed since you last were able to play the game successfully? 

i'm played game when game is free on saturdays. and , 3~4days ago i bought a game. i'm runned game one time. on that time , i had that problem on video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pyrexigame said:

i'm played game when game is free on saturdays. and , 3~4days ago i bought a game. i'm runned game one time. on that time , i had that problem on video.

Gotcha.

I think this means that the original save files on your PC are corrupted in some way. If you can locate them, then delete/move them from their folder that should fix things. It will mean losing your in-game progress but the game should then work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CMTGK said:

Попался.

Я думаю, это означает, что оригинальные файлы сохранения на вашем компьютере каким-то образом повреждены. Если вы можете найти их, то удалите / переместите их из их папки, что должно исправить ситуацию. Это будет означать потерю вашего прогресса в игре, но игра должна работать.

i have a Grid 2, and on that game i have same problems with saved game. i can create new profile in game , and play one time, and next time when i run , i giving error , about profile loading failed. 

 

my windows account name is PYREX# , maybe, problem is there ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pyrexigame said:

i have a Grid 2, and on that game i have same problems with saved game. i can create new profile in game , and play one time, and next time when i run , i giving error , about profile loading failed. 

 

my windows account name is PYREX# , maybe, problem is there ?

Perhaps the '#' symbol is causing a problem, indeed.

After attempting my fix above, I would try removing that symbol and trying again. If this fixes things, I will feed this back to the development team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

Возможно, символ «#» действительно вызывает проблемы.

После попытки исправить ошибку, описанную выше, я попытаюсь удалить символ и повторить попытку. Если это исправит это, я передам это команде разработчиков.

it would be nice. because I am your old fan, in all versions of GRID, but there was this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CMTGK said:

Perhaps the '#' symbol is causing a problem, indeed.

After attempting my fix above, I would try removing that symbol and trying again. If this fixes things, I will feed this back to the development team.

when to wait for fix problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pyrexigame said:

when to wait for fix problems?

I've asked you to try some things to see if they work.

1. Delete/move your locally stored save file for GRID and then attempt to load the game.

2. Remove the '#' symbol from your username before loading the game.

Please let me know if these solve things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

I've asked you to try some things to see if they work.

1. Delete/move your locally stored save file for GRID and then attempt to load the game.

2. Remove the '#' symbol from your username before loading the game.

Please let me know if these solve things.

i'm changed username but same problem 🙂  i'm removed fully game with game data , and installed again, profit = 0 :). maybe , your developers fix they bug ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, pyrexigame said:

i'm changed username but same problem 🙂  i'm removed fully game with game data , and installed again, profit = 0 :). maybe , your developers fix they bug ?

We can't fix a bug that we don't know the problem of. By asking you these questions, I'm trying to help. You are the only person that is having this problem.

Have you moved/deleted your 'userdata' folder on your PC? This folder may not get removed when you uninstall/reinstall. Go to: ProgramFiles\Steam\userdata\. Then, move/delete the folder that's date is relevant to the install of GRID (for example, if you installed GRID today, it would be the folder dated today). Then, Verify Game Files on Steam. Make sure that before loading the game again, you have no non-English characters in your username.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

We can't fix a bug that we don't know the problem of. By asking you these questions, I'm trying to help. You are the only person that is having this problem.

Have you moved/deleted your 'userdata' folder on your PC? This folder may not get removed when you uninstall/reinstall. Go to: ProgramFiles\Steam\userdata\. Then, move/delete the folder that's date is relevant to the install of GRID (for example, if you installed GRID today, it would be the folder dated today). Then, Verify Game Files on Steam. Make sure that before loading the game again, you have no non-English characters in your username.

you giving game to CIS(СНГ), and telling about non english characters? man , why you can't fix this problem from GRID 1 , to GRID 2019 ? all CIS(СНГ) players was sucks this problem , and can't play your game, and have a fails when load last saved data! why don't you pay attention to a non-english audience? because we buy the game, pay for your work, and buy what we love, and want to play in comfort and not run and change the username, etc., etc., I’m the developer myself, and I know how easy it is to implement in the code. but for some reason you say that there were no such problems at all. google it all, look what the guys who suffer from the same problem write, they are lazy, they don’t write to the forum, but I wrote and I want my favorite franchise to be fixed! what difference does not English letters or characters, do not specialize in the English audience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason I suggested using English characters is that someone recently had an issue using a "weird font" in their username which also caused problems. Obviously this would then be a problem that we can fix. I'm simply offering suggestions that could help your issue. GRID and many other Codemasters games are translated (both text and audio) in many different languages, not just English.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

Причина, по которой я предложил использовать английские символы, заключается в том, что у кого-то недавно возникла проблема с использованием «странного шрифта» в имени пользователя, что также вызывало проблемы. Очевидно, что это будет проблемой, которую мы сможем решить. Я просто предлагаю предложения, которые могли бы помочь вашей проблеме. GRID и многие другие игры Code masters переведены (как текст, так и аудио) на многие разные языки, а не только на английский.

 

same problem man 🙂. i'm changed username on windows, steam, removed userdata of 703860 id game(its grid 2019). but , problem was actually not solved 🙂 i can give a remote connection (team viewer), if you can check this 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pyrexigame said:

same problem man 🙂. i'm changed username on windows, steam, removed userdata of 703860 id game(its grid 2019). but , problem was actually not solved 🙂 i can give a remote connection (team viewer), if you can check this 🙂

This is a different problem. This person was able to play all aspects of the game other than multiplayer.

I'll speak to the development team this week and see if they can offer a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CMTGK said:

This is a different problem. This person was able to play all aspects of the game other than multiplayer.

I'll speak to the development team this week and see if they can offer a solution.

i'm everyday playing CSGO and CarX Drift Online multiplayer. on that games i haven't problems 🙂

 

okay , i'm just waiting a solution from developers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @pyrexigame. After speaking to the development team today, it's clear they don't have an answer for why this is happening at the moment. They suggested trying to remove the local save files again (as I suggested above) and instead of 'verifying game files', just try and load the game up to see if that works.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'll see if I can get someone from the team to remote access your computer to help but I can't promise that. Either way, the team are looking to see if anyone in QA is aware of this 'retry and cancel' loop happening elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CMTGK said:

Hey @pyrexigame. After speaking to the development team today, it's clear they don't have an answer for why this is happening at the moment. They suggested trying to remove the local save files again (as I suggested above) and instead of 'verifying game files', just try and load the game up to see if that works.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'll see if I can get someone from the team to remote access your computer to help but I can't promise that. Either way, the team are looking to see if anyone in QA is aware of this 'retry and cancel' loop happening elsewhere.

Hey @CMTGK. I knew that they would answer that way, and I put off reinstalling windows with a username without any signs for tomorrow :). if after that the game will work fine, then a +1 bug to the piggy bank of your team of developers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×