Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corsica & Sanremo rallys

1)  I think Corsica would be a good choice , its is classed as one of the Hardest & most dangerous Tarmac rally in the world . Twisty challenging & rough mountain roads with a hi risk of changing weather . With a      very hi risk to car & drive . this is the place that saw the loss of driver & co-drivers lives in 1985 & 86 But as also seen some very big Accidents for the likes of  Colin McRae & other top class drivers . probably the most challenging rally's anywhere .

2) San Remo on the other hand is one of the long lost gems of the classic rally era , a very fast mix surface event  the first half is on Tarmac , but then switches to very dusty gravel stages. This would add the a extra challenge of changing all you car setting from one surface to another some thing that is missing so far. Both these are classic event both have been dropped from the Current WRC calendar both are as classic as the Monti or the long lost RAC rally or the safari. I for one would love to have some of these stages in Dirt Rally would you .

I can under some want other sealed surface events Spain maybe  or Manx rally spring to mind.
Or several form the Irish Tarmac championship could be interesting.

I pick San Remo simple for the fact its is mixed surface event & this would mean having to adapt to changing surface types adding an extra challenge.

Even though I  see any of these rally's that people would like to see included as a long term project .

Looks like I'd fall countless times off the road in Corsica, I'll vote for it. Along with San Remo for the sake of more countries.

Arguriou said:
I wouldn't say no to either, but there are other tarmac rounds I'd prefer first.
Like what for Example ?

https://youtu.be/k6d72Xklwlw

1. Ypres - Belgium (going next week, can't wait)

2. Valais - Switzerland

3. Mosel - Germany

4. Zlin - Czech Rep

5. Corsica - France

6. San Remo - Italy

7. Ireland - Ireland

8. Catalunya - Spain

Personal preferences :)

I will add that I think to make a perfect roster after Monte Carlo, Wales, Greece, Finland, Sweden and Germany, I do think they need one bright and sunny tarmac event, one using narrow closed roads and passing through villages.

Obviously, Ypres or Zlin would be my first choice, but if Corsica were chosen for this role I hope it would be set in its old May slot, not the wintery date it has adopted in recent years - I'd love to see a sun drenched tarmac round with hot temperatures, like Greece is for the gravel events.

@ RodgerDavies great list really tbh i would love Ypres rally in dirt rally it would be something new, something different.Not the same old classics  (wich still are great).But we will see what the codies will make for us.They see so much requests for rally stages on the forum.I think they are scratching their head thinking...we've got a lot of work to do. :)

Arguriou said:
I wouldn't say no to either, but there are other tarmac rounds I'd prefer first.
Like what for Example ?

2. Valais - Switzerland

3. Mosel - Germany

4. Zlin - Czech Rep

5. Corsica - France

6. San Remo - Italy

7. Ireland - Ireland

8. Catalunya - Spain

Sorry RodgerDavies i had to quote everything fantastic line-up and, that movie also, driving through Flanders Fields is awesome.

Arguriou said:
Like what for Example ?

2. Valais - Switzerland

3. Mosel - Germany

4. Zlin - Czech Rep

5. Corsica - France

6. San Remo - Italy

7. Ireland - Ireland

8. Catalunya - Spain

Sory RodgerDavies i just had to quote everything fantastic rally line-up and also great movie rallying through Flanders fields.

Arguriou said:
Like what for Example ?

2. Valais - Switzerland

3. Mosel - Germany

4. Zlin - Czech Rep

5. Corsica - France

6. San Remo - Italy

7. Ireland - Ireland

8. Catalunya - Spain

Sory RodgerDavies i just had to quote everything fantastic rally line-up and also great movie rallying through Flanders fields.