Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Head tracking in DiRT Rally!?

Had a quick search but it turned up blank... Does DR support the likes of TrackIR, FreeTracker, FaceTrackNoIR et al?

Should be getting the EDTracker this week, and it'd be good know if anyone's got head tracking running or not.

Thanks.

It supports trackIR well, or at least it works with trackIR.  I've been using it to some success.  If there is a little 'peaking at corners' you are good, but if you are in a full drift looking towards the A-Pilar then I get disoriented and disconnected with where I am going.  Could be I just don't know how to trail-brake or drift well :)

As gfRally said, TIR works. I don't particularly like it though, so I usually just turn it off. There's no point where it's actually helped me, I think because you're unnaturally limited in how far you look and it seems to "max out" with the slightest movements despite editing curves.

Cheers for the feedback on TrackIR. EDTracker is one of the cheaper ways of getting head-tracking. In unison with OpenTracker software it can output TrickIR protocols, so happy days... Looking forward to trying it out at least :smiley:

haha the real use i got for my TR in iRacing - you can look to your dashboard really close and see all the numbers. I got to agree it takes some practice to make  turns i.e look the other way of driving