Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport trailer parody

I made a mashup/parody of Puella Magi Madoka Magica's opening song and GRID Autosport's trailers.

This is the result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77BbxUF1trU

Hahaha, I've been saying it for years: that show would have been very different if they decided to become touring car drivers instead of magical girls :D

Awesome! Wonder if we could change the ringtone of the phones in reception...

Britpoint said:
Hahaha, I've been saying it for years: that show would have been very different if they decided to become touring car drivers instead of magical girls :D
Sorry, but I think Mami is more of the Open Wheel kind of gal than a Touring Car driver ;) Otherwise I agree.

I have to say, if there would be a Madoka-themed team in Autosport, that would be hilariously awesome, but sadly out of character for the game.

Britpoint said:
Sorry, but I think Mami is more of the Open Wheel kind of gal than a Touring Car driver ;) Otherwise I agree.

I have to say, if there would be a Madoka-themed team in Autosport, that would be hilariously awesome, but sadly out of character for the game.
I would die for a Madoka-themed team in any racing game. Honestly I would be thrilled if there were any cartoon-themed team in a racing game; the only references in Codies games I remember to anime was Takumi Run and Mt. Akina in Grid for the touge courses (which I did geek out over, admittedly). 

Also I'd take Mami to be more of an enduro type; her careful, cold personality assisted her greatly in her job, and then she messed up when she got too caught up in the moment :neutral: 

Cool video though, @scarl3td3vil  :smile: 

@Anths95 
Actually, I was planning at the very least to make a livery mod which replaces the existing Autosport teams with 'moe' anime/manga/J-game themed teams (thus turning the game into GRID Moesport). The list and the "drivers to watch*" in each team are below.
*except for Ravenwest Moesport, who have all their drivers listed since their driver list is short.

765Pro Track Day Club (The Idolmaster, replaces Razer Motorsport)
- Azusa Miura (Endurance)
- Yukiho Hagiwara (Tuner)
- Iori Minase (Touring)

Joint Tarmac Fighter Wing (Strike Witches, replaces LiquiMoly Motorsport)
- Yoshioka Miyafuji (Endurance)
- Mio Sakamoto (Touring)
- Minna Wilcke (Open-Wheel)

After School Race Time (primarily K-ON!, but includes Lucky Star and Haruhi too, replaces Intel Motorsport)
- Yuki Nagato (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Endurance)
- Yui Hirasawa (K-ON!, Touring)
- Konata Izumi (Lucky Star, Open-Wheel)

Oorai Autosport Academy (Girls und Panzer, replaces Cusco Racing)
- Miho Nishizumi (Endurance)
- Azusa Sawa (Touring)
- Anzu Kadotani (Street)

Unlimited Race Works (Fate-series and Tsukihime, replaces Forge Motorsport)
- Arcueid Brunestud (Touring/Tuner/Endurance)
- Arturia Pendragon (Endurance)
- Ryougi Shiki (Open-Wheel)

JC Staff Tuner House (Familiar of Zero and Toradora, replaces Monster Energy Racing)
- Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!, Street)
- Louise Valliere (Familiar of Zero, Tuner)
- Henrietta de Tristain (Familiar of Zero, Tuner)

Madoka Magicasport (Madoka Magica, replaces Team Kicker)
- Mami Tomoe (Endurance/Open-Wheel)
- Madoka Kaname (Touring/Open-Wheel)
- Homura Akemi (Touring/Endurance)

Gensokyo Grip Fiends (Touhou Project, replaces Oakley Motorsport)
- Reimu Hakurei (Touring/Tuner)
- Marisa Kirasame (Tuner)
- Sanae Kochiya (Endurance)

Key Racing Arts (Kanon, Clannad, and Angel Beats!, replaces K&N Motorsport)
- Kyou Fujibayashi (CLANNAD, Endurance/Open-Wheel/Touring)
- Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon, Touring)
- Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats!, Tuner)

Ravenwest Moesport (with two exceptions, winners of the International Saimoe tournament, replaces Ravenwest Motorsport)
Utsuho Reiuji (Touhou Project, Tuner/Touring/Street/Endurance)
- Shana Sakai (modeled after Shana from Shakugan no Shana, Open-Wheel/Touring/Endurance)
- Fate T. Harlaown (Lyrical Nanoha, Open-Wheel/Touring/Endurance)
- Mio Akiyama (K-ON!, Open-Wheel)
Kanade Tachibana (Angel Beats!, Tuner)
- Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku!, Tuner)
- Mikoto Misaka (A Certain Scientific Index, Street)
- Kotori Itsuka (Date a Live, Street)

@scarl3td3vil 
Are you serious?! That would be awesome! I would absolutely help with that myself! I've actually already started making some itashas for GAS, including a 765Pro/Makoto Kikuchi Integra for a friend of mine because he was considering buying a DC5 and itasha'ing it IRL (here's the post: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/72154/#Comment_72154). I've only made a couple of liveries for this game (I've made well over a dozen in DiRT 3) but I enjoy making them so I would love to help with this project if you'd like me to! 

The only issue I see with this is that the GAS DB is locked so it won't be possible to edit the driver names, I don't think. The only other problem is that official Best Girl, Mikuru Asahina, isn't driving for Ravenwest :lol: 

Loore said:
Awesome! Wonder if we could change the ringtone of the phones in reception...
aha, may be an SMS add "W...T..F... !!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4CsE0RMnGk