F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Add Russian language

Hello, please add the Russian language to the Dirt rally 2.0.
in dirt rally he was present.
Why is it missing in Dirt rally 2.0?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2020. 03. 29. at 7:09, Koral said:

Üdvözlet, kérjük, adja hozzá az orosz nyelvet a Dirt rally 2.0-hoz.
a piszokgyűlésen jelen volt.
Miért hiányzik a Dirt rally 2.0-ból?

Hungarian language navigator and menu

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2020 at 8:09 AM, Koral said:

Hello, please add the Russian language to the Dirt rally 2.0.
in dirt rally he was present.
Why is it missing in Dirt rally 2.0?

it's missing in Dirt 4 and Grid too, and no any mod tools can change anything. I'm getting an answer there are no plans for any language additions for now.
So, i don't know actually how to change that situation 😞 
I'm trying to get an answer about some kind of help from their side but nothing positive for now. Game structure actually shouldn't be hard for them, but form here it's not editable at all.
@PJTierney, you have a direct connection with devs, i'm wondering if you could ask them about cooperation on adding language (because it's just a question of putting inside one font .pssg and some of .xml files in "language" and "subtitles" directory.)
I have contacted with custservice@codemasters.com, but they said only general phrases about "no plans for now", and no answer about cooperation. So it was kinda general answer to such questions. Would be nice if you could help.

Edited by cheetahrus

1 hour ago, cheetahrus said:

@PJTierney, you have a direct connection with devs, i'm wondering if you could ask them about cooperation on adding language (because it's just a question of putting inside one font .pssg and some of .xml files in "language" and "subtitles" directory.)

Hi there.

Development support on DiRT Rally 2.0 has pretty much ended now, so I would not expect new languages to be added.

If the process is as simple as you say, do you have screenshots of what files could potentially go in what folders?

If it's a "quick job" it might get squeezed in, but would be at the bottom of the priority list.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Hi there.

Development support on DiRT Rally 2.0 has pretty much ended now, so I would not expect new languages to be added.

If the process is as simple as you say, do you have screenshots of what files could potentially go in what folders?

If it's a "quick job" it might get squeezed in, but would be at the bottom of the priority list.

Sure, i checked that before. Hope screenshots will help
1) Let's look in the "Dirt Rally 2.0/game" folder, there are nefs and dat files

1.jpg

2) In .nefs file you can see fonts and subtiles folders for every language

2.jpg

3) In fonts folder you see font files for english and some not common languages like japanese

3.jpg

4) In subtitles folder for English you see XML files for subtitles (which should be easy to edit)

4.jpg

5) In language folder of game_1.dat file you see .lng files for every language - all game text (except subtitles) - and these files can be turned into .xml files too

5.jpg

Edited by cheetahrus
editing message

Assuming all that happened, are you then saying that it would be possible to players to create their own localised text?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Assuming all that happened, are you then saying that it would be possible to players to create their own localised text?

Yeah, I suppose so, just fonts could be a problem for me, that's not editable from here

XML files are easy stuff to edit (at least if there is no any special stuff inside), and .LNG files too, I saw an lng > xml converter for Dirt games.

The most important thing is packing all of these files, because files they are in nefs/dat files, and that's also dev thing... 😞

Edited by cheetahrus
Adding text

I can bring it up as a suggestion, but given where we are with the game dev work on DR2 is as minimal as possible, so I suspect no changes here. Thanks for the info though, it may help.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 4/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, PJTierney said:

I can bring it up as a suggestion, but given where we are with the game dev work on DR2 is as minimal as possible, so I suspect no changes here. Thanks for the info though, it may help.

How's the progress? Is there any good news about that?

2 hours ago, cheetahrus said:

How's the progress? Is there any good news about that?

Hi there.

I've checked and this isn't something that will be done for this title I'm afraid, sorry 😞 

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Hi there.

I've checked and this isn't something that will be done for this title I'm afraid, sorry 😞 

Sad to hear! Dirt Rally 2.0 is pretty good game and players like it.
Is there the same situation with GRID (2019)? It's made after DR2, so probably devs are still supporting it.
And game structure mostly is the same.

Edited by cheetahrus

3 hours ago, cheetahrus said:

Is there the same situation with GRID (2019)? It's made after DR2, so probably devs are still supporting it.
And game structure mostly is the same.

That's a @CMTGK question I imagine 🙂 

• Agree 1

As far as I'm aware, we can't offer localisation in languages/regions we don't have a publisher in. That may be different depending on the region though.

This was what I was told a little while ago in relation to Japanese language files in GRID:

Obviously modding the game you can get them but this isn't something we promote because it's against our terms of service. If a Publisher is ever assigned for the game then the files will be used properly but that's not the case at the moment

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, CMTGK said:

As far as I'm aware, we can't offer localisation in languages/regions we don't have a publisher in. That may be different depending on the region though.

This was what I was told a little while ago in relation to Japanese language files in GRID:

@CMTGK, at first, thanks for your answer! There's a really long talk right now 🙂
Oh, so that's the stuff 🙂
Maybe it's worth to check about Russian region, because many devs just add the language without any publisher on side. So maybe they just use translator services or smth. I may agree, that for bigger companies situation may differ.
About CodeMasters' Terms of Service... yeah, that's a good argument. Not sure. want to ask about one thing then... would you consider a legal way of adding a language? For example. i translated some games officially as a sole proprietor... and also just for myself... So that may be a good idea.
That will be good according to your ToS and also no need any publisher.  But i don't know details of that all. just a suggestion 🙂

Edited by cheetahrus

On 4/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, CMTGK said:

So, there's no any way to add it, right?

@PJTierney We got an info on Twitter appeared an info about new DiRT game. Does it have same stuff with localization? If so, maybe it's possible to change that somehow by some kind of help or anything? Better to ask that before than later 🙂
Thanks for good news about new game!

1 minute ago, cheetahrus said:

@PJTierney We got an info on Twitter appeared an info about new DiRT game. Does it have same stuff with localization? If so, maybe it's possible to change that somehow by some kind of help or anything? Better to ask that before than later 🙂
Thanks for good news about new game!

Best way to hope for Russian language to be in a future game is to email custservice@codemasters.com so it's on the record 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 5:42 PM, PJTierney said:

Best way to hope for Russian language to be in a future game is to email custservice@codemasters.com so it's on the record 🙂

Hello!
Unfortunately, situation still stays the same. I'm curious about that 🙂 
Interesting, but for F1 2020 they have Russian subtitles. 

15.jpg