Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 [PC][Crash] Game crashes in between races

Recommended Posts

A short description of the problem:

I just got this game so its a fresh install. Usually it crashes in cut scenes - like the podium ceremony (though I find quickly skipping that helps) but sometimes crashes during other intermediate content. It never crashes while racing. I am playing career mode. Sometimes it will crash post event causing me to have to replay parts of the event that have not yet saved.

Platform you’re on:

PC

Game Version:

1.22

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer:

Single player career

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

I got the crash report tool once or twice (managed to submit once), but mostly it just dies. I can email one from yesterday as well as other diagnostics required 

Any accessories you are using:

Logitech G29 Wheel

Sound Blaster X H7 Headset

How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen

Very often, yesterday at least 5 times. Twice today in two hours.

Have you tried any troubleshooting

Have tried both the DX11 and DX12 versions.

Have disabled the Nahamic service which I know breaks other games.

Uninstalled ASUS sonic which apparently also causes issues with some games

Ensured Nvidia drivers are up to date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report. Most of the times PC crashes are related to outdated drivers etc. Your report is good and you have already taken some steps. A DXdiag can probably help in sorting out your problems. Can you post that here so we (@steviejay69) can have a look at it. If you don't know how to get the DXdiag report, check out this post:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the issue is that for some reason the framerate soars in the cutscenes. These uncapped framerate surges are what does for the .exe in the end. Must be some timing critical sequence that goes FUBAR when it does.

Probably the same reason that game crashes are helped by limiting framerates or adjusting graphical settings.

But, I will wait for the dxdiag. A tag will get the quickest response @1512marcel 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

dxdiag attached (generated yesterday and sent to community(at)... with a bunch of other diagnostics and a crash dump)

I updated my BIOS to 1401 last night but have not played yet

Had my first in-race crash yesterday

Framerate capped at 120fps

@steviejay69 @1512marcel

DxDiag.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, V7k3ng said:

Hi

dxdiag attached (generated yesterday and sent to community(at)... with a bunch of other diagnostics and a crash dump)

I updated my BIOS to 1401 last night but have not played yet

Had my first in-race crash yesterday

Framerate capped at 120fps

@steviejay69 @1512marcel

DxDiag.txt

Almost certainly going to be linked to your Aura lighting software - can't get the motherboard model from the dxdiag, can you let me know which it is please?

Second suggestion - can you test without the Creative Headset please? Use the Nvidia audio if you don't want to include the Nahimic audio.

@V7k3ng

Edited by steviejay69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@steviejay69

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming

Have just uninstalled Aura software and will test tonight. Will also do a test without the headset.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, V7k3ng said:

@steviejay69

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming

 Have just uninstalled Aura software and will test tonight. Will also do a test without the headset.

Update ME driver and ME Firmware.

If you remove the Intel VGA driver (if you have it enabled), so you remove driver software until 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is shown in Device Manager, change Hardware|Device Installation Settings to 'No' and restart, you can install the latest DCH driver for Intel VGA.

Also uninstall Armoury Crate software (required for Aura) let's get this thing working then you can reintroduce software once you have a result. Any other ASUS utilities also, please.

ASUS support seems otherwise poor in the last six months. If you download and run the Intel Driver and Support Assistant you may receive updated LAN, IRST and (once installed) DCH VGA drivers via that mechanism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game still crashed after removing Aura

Removed Armoury Crate and all other ASUS software. Game still crashed

ME Driver/Firmware installers just error... not sure what to do there

I only have NVidia GeForce RTC2060 under display adapters

Intel Driver and support assistant will update my Bluetooth and Wifi Drivers - will do that now and retest tomorrow

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, V7k3ng said:

Game still crashed after removing Aura

Removed Armoury Crate and all other ASUS software. Game still crashed

ME Driver/Firmware installers just error... not sure what to do there

I only have NVidia GeForce RTC2060 under display adapters

Intel Driver and support assistant will update my Bluetooth and Wifi Drivers - will do that now and retest tomorrow

Sorry, try this ME Driver and this ME Firmware (the last link the firmware was older, please unzip and run SetupME.exe for the driver, then once installed run MEUpdateTool.exe for the firmware). The driver is required first, it does not normally require a reboot but the firmware will require to be run on it's own and rebooted straight after.

The Intel GPU is not enabled in BIOS then. No worries if you're not using it (I did find it useful when using video editing and stream recording). The iGPU does have a hardware engine that can be assigned as the primary GPU in recording software like OBS. I do find my Ryzen CPU/AMD GPU is slower than the Intel CPU/GPU combo using a basic app like Easy Movie Maker. YMMV depending on your chosen software.

Edited by steviejay69
Updated links and description

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your continued support

Installed the driver and firmware. Found a rogue armourycrate service and stopped that. Installed the ME Driver and Firmware. Game still crashed

Turned graphic detail down to low. So far no crash. Will run it like this for a bit then turn up individual settings until I find one that goes boom, might take me a few days.

Thanks for the info about the integrated GPU.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since I updated to the latest Nvidia-driver I have constant crashing. Haven't had problems for months. But with these new versions of the drivers, it's impossible to roll back it seems... it has to be through Geforce Experience. Anyway, maybe you're experiencing the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, neonpa said:

Ever since I updated to the latest Nvidia-driver I have constant crashing. Haven't had problems for months. But with these new versions of the drivers, it's impossible to roll back it seems... it has to be through Geforce Experience. Anyway, maybe you're experiencing the same problem.

For this reason the marvellous DDU tool was created!

You can pick up the 442.74 here, please try and report back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 10:48 PM, V7k3ng said:

Thanks for your continued support

Installed the driver and firmware. Found a rogue armourycrate service and stopped that. Installed the ME Driver and Firmware. Game still crashed

Turned graphic detail down to low. So far no crash. Will run it like this for a bit then turn up individual settings until I find one that goes boom, might take me a few days.

Thanks for the info about the integrated GPU.

Install Armoury Crate. Use Geek uninstaller to remove. Sounds counter-intuitive, but sometimes you need to install to remove properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For reference I reverted to 441.12 driver (oldest I could get on NVidia.com) and tested with Highest graphics presets back on, only to have it crash again. So its not the driver (wondering if I should excuse the pun here:) ).

Have tried two other things, without a crash so far, but I have not had much time to play the game so can't be sure. Will reply with what worked (or didn't) once I know better - probably this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, V7k3ng said:

For reference I reverted to 441.12 driver (oldest I could get on NVidia.com) and tested with Highest graphics presets back on, only to have it crash again. So its not the driver (wondering if I should excuse the pun here:) ).

Have tried two other things, without a crash so far, but I have not had much time to play the game so can't be sure. Will reply with what worked (or didn't) once I know better - probably this weekend.

I definitely recommend 442.74

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switched to 442.74 but it is sadly still crashing.

Also tried the headphones using the audio jack. Still crashed (thankfully because the sound was awful). Will review the rest of this thread to see if there is anything else I can try.

Installed EVGA Precision X1 to monitor the GPU and the card is perfectly stable at the times I have crashes.

Thanks so much for all the help @steviejay69. Would be nice if Codemasters could look at the email I sent with all the diagnostics including the crash dump - @1512marcel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, V7k3ng said:

Switched to 442.74 but it is sadly still crashing.

Also tried the headphones using the audio jack. Still crashed (thankfully because the sound was awful). Will review the rest of this thread to see if there is anything else I can try.

Installed EVGA Precision X1 to monitor the GPU and the card is perfectly stable at the times I have crashes.

Thanks so much for all the help @steviejay69. Would be nice if Codemasters could look at the email I sent with all the diagnostics including the crash dump - @1512marcel

If you have done all the steps outlined, then a reinstall of Windows would remove any odd glitches.

You can use the driver links from here for GPU and Audio

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I am also experience this issue. I got crashes in several game mods (career, multiplayer - ranked - league - unranked). I attach below the information about my system and setup. I am running the game at 5760x1080 resolution on triple screens. I tried to run the game in both DX11 and DX12.

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

Game crashes and the race is lost.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

1.22 Report code: BSPD-CKTK-VBPH-EMDE

3.       Game-mode?

Career, Multiplayer Leagues, Ranked, Unranked

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

Start any race (does not matter if practice, qualify or the race itself)

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

Hungary crashes every time, Australia from time to time, when loading the track for while running on the track

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

Yes, I did try the following:

  • lower the graphics settings (I was running all at max then I lowered the settings in steps all to low)
  • downgrade the nvidia drivers - I noticed this issue started with the latest nVidia drivers update
  • disabled lightning effects for mouse/keyboard
  • disabled steam overlay and geforce overlay

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

Logitech G920 + Shifter

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

None

 

I attached DxDiag and EgoDumper error report. 

Thank you for your support.

DxDiag.txt

egoDumper.txt

Edited by PacoCorsente

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F10c BIOS

dxdiag still shows 445.75 driver installed, recommend 442.74 all your DX12 crashes are Nvidia-related

Please set your page file size to automatic, it seems really high usage.

Unplug your webcam whilst testing then reintroduce once you have it working.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello, I have exactly the same problem :

I'm on w10, and with Dx12 game crash but rarely in race.

I tried to launch with steam overlay disable, and with Dx11 mode but exactly the same crash.

I really don't know why I can do...

 

Platform you’re on:

PC

Game Version:

1.22

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer:

Single player career and multi

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

 

Any accessories you are using:

Xbox joypad

How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen

All days.

Have you tried any troubleshooting

Have tried both the DX11 and DX12 versions.

Have disable steam overlay, check steam localy folder.

HAve got my AMD pilote updated

 

 

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Nonauh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Update

I used EVGA Precision X1 to reduce my video memory clock and GPU clock by 100Mhz each, and increase the power target to 105%. 

I also discovered I had auto fan control off (not sure if I accidentally turned it off at some point after installing EVGA Precision as just moving the fan slider turns off auto)

Either way the game is currently stable with no crashes. When I feel adventurous I will revert each of GPU and memory and see if the power target helps, and then start playing with the diagnostics included in the software to test stability.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2020 at 2:03 PM, V7k3ng said:

Hi

Update

I used EVGA Precision X1 to reduce my video memory clock and GPU clock by 100Mhz each, and increase the power target to 105%. 

I also discovered I had auto fan control off (not sure if I accidentally turned it off at some point after installing EVGA Precision as just moving the fan slider turns off auto)

Either way the game is currently stable with no crashes. When I feel adventurous I will revert each of GPU and memory and see if the power target helps, and then start playing with the diagnostics included in the software to test stability.

If these are your stock clocks that you are underclocking, try removing the heatsink and renewing the thermal interface material (I use Arctic Cooling MX4), there are usually teardown videos (not always a biggy nor fancy tools) on YT. 

Always a good idea to remove overclocks but thanks for posting what is working for you. Also just try a PSU calculator. 

If you do get instability, monitoring tools may indicate whether the issue was thermal or power draw ultimately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I HAVE ALSO SUFFERED WITH THE INGAME CRASHES EGO DUMPER AND AND VERIFY GAME CACHE DONT NO IF THIS WILL HELP ANYONE BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE ONE OF MY HDD WAS SLOW OR FAULTY UNSURE WHICH ANYWAY I REINSTALLED ALL GAME FILES ONTO MY SSHD AND IT HASNT CRASHED SINCE RUNS BRILLIANT NOW ON DX12 AND 11 HOPE THIS MIGHT HELP ANYONE STRUGGLING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MichaelCasperPe said:

I HAVE ALSO SUFFERED WITH THE INGAME CRASHES EGO DUMPER AND AND VERIFY GAME CACHE DONT NO IF THIS WILL HELP ANYONE BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE ONE OF MY HDD WAS SLOW OR FAULTY UNSURE WHICH ANYWAY I REINSTALLED ALL GAME FILES ONTO MY SSHD AND IT HASNT CRASHED SINCE RUNS BRILLIANT NOW ON DX12 AND 11 HOPE THIS MIGHT HELP ANYONE STRUGGLING

Computer subsystem performance is always useful. There is a world of difference between an old 5400rpm SATAII HDD with say 8MB of cache and a SATAIII SSD.

SSHDs are better for reading (improve load times of frequently used files), so as a system disk (Windows) or as a game store will improve that. Using recording software, maybe not so much as that depends on write times and whilst they may be better than standard SATA drives (usually because of bigger caches, typically 64MB and up) the spindle speed may become a factor.

Unfortunately many SSHDs go the green route of lower power consumption; lower spindle speed and rely on the SSD caching (up to 8GB) and the larger RAM cache (64GB and up) but the cache is often used for write buffering on the SSD and through-writes to the HDD.

SATAIII has hit the limit with MLC and TLC SSD.

The newer interface is M.2 to NVMe using PCI-E lanes at 3.0 and up. Be careful, as SATA drives can come in an M.2 package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×