Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pikes Peak Pack - Out Now

Pikes Peak isn't showing up in League creation, but Baumholder, Germany is?!?!
Yes it is. You need to change event game mode to Hillclimb.
Ah, okay, see Pikes Peak under Hillclimb indeed.  Thanks.  But Baumholder isn't available yet, right?

Small Edit: there was something in the original notes which read "Change – Had our mechanics make some improvements to the drivetrain on all of the cars" - We didn't add that in the end but it get left on my notes so if you we're wondering where it went that's why. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes it is. You need to change event game mode to Hillclimb.
Ah, okay, see Pikes Peak under Hillclimb indeed.  Thanks.  But Baumholder isn't available yet, right?
No not yet sadly. Next month that will be. 

A big person (main part) thank you for all the work supplies various bug .

And special one big kisses for pikes peak pack.

PS sorry for my english (im frenchy hihi )

FlakHound said:
Interesting. Perhaps a bit of an unintended leak? Can you race it?
Good catch.  I'm Googling this because first time I've read about this...being American, we don't have this much coverage

I find the cars hard to oversteer. Full handbrake turn and all I get is understeer when powering out

Now I cant use automatic gear change in championship anymore. Hillclimb is fine but championship is manual,and you cant change it

A few people have asked about if there was a FFB fix.....and no replies.....I have just loaded it up and tried again and there is no FFB fix in this release, on my Fanatec CSR it still only shows up as a CSR Elite, FFB is so weak it is non-existent, and the steering does not match 1:1, and the worst thing is there is no calibration utility or any sensible setup options for wheel use.....Cmon CM sort it out please.

This is good but rock hard on the controller. To catch the back end spinning out is difficult and 100% brakes a big no no. Turning doen the sensitivity helped a lot. Getting close to undet 3 mins on the first stage feeld like an achievemrnt.

Great list of changes thanks; it's clear you've been listening to the community - huge patch, has been downloading for ages for me but still a bit to go. Looking forward to trying out some custom events with the full spec Fiesta and Mini.

@justbiglee ,One thing that was not noted, but very cool and i beg CM to keep it like that (i'm serious, i'm actually ready to do unsavory non-violent things to convince all of you not to change it) the speedometer (both incar and hud) now indicate the speed at which the wheels are rotating rather than the true speed of the car. That's a nice touch that even the "ultimate" car simulators such as GT and Forza does not do.

It's not fair I'm at work........... 
Can't wait to get home and try it, awesome game so far good challenge, just needs FFB sorting then RBR can move out the way.

The new king will be here.

Fix the engine braking.. please..

It's still ridiculously high on the rally cars. The hill climb vehicles luckily don't exhibit this issue as they barely decelerate off throttle thus forcing you to use the brakes.

Should change the name from Dirt to Air because that's what it feels like you're driving on. When's that FFB fix coming?

so people have consistently been complaining that the AI difficulty is too HIGH, that you can't even beat the AI on the easiest difficulty level, and now they've gone and raised the difficulty level even more?

quite a bizarre decision.
I disagree; it's not easy to win (rightly so), but it is easy to be top 4 or 5 because the AI can be very spread out. Let's try the new settings and see how they compare.

LaPremier said:
Small Edit: there was something in the original notes which read "Change – Had our mechanics make some improvements to the drivetrain on all of the cars" - We didn't add that in the end but it get left on my notes so if you we're wondering where it went that's why. Sorry for the confusion.
Strange to read. I see physics was evidently changed. I've not found notes about it, and, so, you disclaim this fact?

That update to physics was not released with the pack yesterday.

@KickUp Could this be a fix for what many people perceive as excessive engine braking? Do you expect this update to make the next patch?

MVB,  go take a hillclimb vehicle out for a spin and you can see the devs fixed the engine braking.  They just didn't fix it for the rally cars. :-(

MVB,  go take a hillclimb vehicle out for a spin and you can see the devs fixed the engine braking.  They just didn't fix it for the rally cars. :-(

Oh I see, didn't get a chance to try Pikes Peak cars myself yet.
If that's the case then, as I think KickUp once stated, they knew what the issue was and it's great it is being rectified.

Maybe the team needs a bit more time to apply it to all rally cars before rolling the patch out.