DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

How do Monthly AI Challenges work?

Posted (edited)

I'm doing my first Monthly AI Challenge and was wondering how they work. Are the final standings based on points accrued in each event or by total time?

I've had the glitch where times are all 120 minutes after exiting an event, but I won the last stage so won the event. If the standings are based on total time, I have no hope of doing well! If they're based on points, how are prize credits sorted? Are every player's points put into a table and then the most credits given out to the top points scorers?

Edited by WestHam66

50 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

I'm doing my first Monthly AI Challenge and was wondering how they work. Are the final standings based on points accrued in each event or by total time?

I've had the glitch where times are all 120 minutes after exiting an event, but I won the last stage so won the event. If the standings are based on total time, I have no hope of doing well! If they're based on points, how are prize credits sorted? Are every player's points put into a table and then the most credits given out to the top points scorers?

After each rally you get credits, and after completing the event completely a bonus.
You don't have to wait for the reset to get all credits.
There is no connection to other human players like the name says.
Only leaderboards are shown (same as the custom championship ones).

Posted (edited)

to explain a little more clearly....

you get credits for finishing (not retiring) every event (ie each location), just like weekly challenges. this is a fixed amount, and is based on how many km all the stages in that event add up to.

finish position is like career mode, where you score points each event based on your finish position. you get credits based on your finish position when the whole monthly challenge is over, and you get them as soon as you finish it, instead of at the end of the month like community challenges. credits awarded for finish position at the end are also based on how long the monthly event is, in km.

also like community events, you'll be put into a Tier when you finish. there are 30 drivers, so you have to get a podium to be Tier 1 (top 10%). Tier 2 is the next 25%, Tier 3 is the next 40%, and Tier 4 is the bottom 25%. the graphic in the game is confusing, because the bar is divided into quarters, implying that each Tier is 25%

weird fact: you get the credits for finishing each event right when you finish each one and move on to the next location. but when you finish the whole monthy challenge, at the end of the last event you get the credits for your finishing position. to get the credits for finishing the final event/location, you have to leave My Team and re-enter it, then you will get the reward screen like when community challenges are over.

Edited by ianism

Posted (edited)

The results of the first event have disappeared and all drivers have 0 points. After finishing the second event with a terminal crash, I went back to the menu and saw that there were no times or positions for the first event! I assume this means that these challenges need to be completed in one go and that the second event's results will not exist either.

Edited by WestHam66

you choose the car you drive the stage you beat the time you get the money.

simple.

1 hour ago, WestHam66 said:

The results of the first event have disappeared and all drivers have 0 points. After finishing the second event with a terminal crash, I went back to the menu and saw that there were no times or positions for the first event! I assume this means that these challenges need to be completed in one go and that the second event's results will not exist either.

this is not normal. this is an error caused when your data doesn't upload properly. did you get an error message like "cannot connect to Racenet" at any point?

due to the coronavirus and so many people working from home, there is huge strain on all worldwide servers at the moment so there are a lot of online glitches right now. 

GT Sport has been having huge problems with its servers too, so it's not just Codemasters. And Sony have even said they will slow the speed of downloads in order to try compensate for the increased demand on their servers.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

this is not normal. this is an error caused when your data doesn't upload properly. did you get an error message like "cannot connect to Racenet" at any point?

due to the coronavirus and so many people working from home, there is huge strain on all worldwide servers at the moment so there are a lot of online glitches right now. 

GT Sport has been having huge problems with its servers too, so it's not just Codemasters. And Sony have even said they will slow the speed of downloads in order to try compensate for the increased demand on their servers.

I have had messages like that, but not during the Monthly Challenge. Hopefully my 29th place from Poland isn't counted and my position is determined solely by the last location, Australia, which I'm okay on! I won the first event in New Zealand, so lost out on maximum points...

I won't bother with another Monthly or Weekly Challenge now. No point spending time on it just for my results to disappear.

Edited by WestHam66

8 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

I started to play DR2 before covid19 was a thing and things like this happened then aswell.

6 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

I have the same exact problem. If I quit/pause an weekly/montly event al stages driven to that point will be set to a max time (120min or something). So if a drive an event I beter make sure I do all at one go….or else no progress….

I did ask about it in the technical assistance...but no replay.

6 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

5 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

this is not normal. this is an error caused when your data doesn't upload properly.

21 minutes ago, Sint78 said:

I have the same exact problem. If I quit/pause an weekly/montly event al stages driven to that point will be set to a max time (120min or something). So if a drive an event I beter make sure I do all at one go….or else no progress….

I did ask about it in the technical assistance...but no replay.

I was talking to one of the devs about it here over private message last June, testing under what conditions it occurred and what the effects were. so as @somethingthing pointed out, this has been an issue for a long, long time. I haven't done a Monthly Challenge in a long, long time so I did not know they hadn't fixed it. that's disappointing.

there are two similar problems

1. quitting to main menu in the middle of an event (ie some stages in one location complete but not all) will reset everyone's times to 20 minutes for each completed stage (so 80 mins if you quit after 4 stages etc). so if there is only 1 stage left, whoever wins that stage will get maximum points.

• also, on the next stage after you quit, the running order will be reset so you are first on course. this is annoying because you don't get any of the AI's split times, and you don't have "class leader" on the progress bar on the left. normally, the running order only changes at each service station, but you will be first no matter what. the next time you enter a service station the running order will go back to the way it should with the slowest driver going first and fastest going last. screenshots showing these things are below.
  • this also affects Weekly AI Challenges, but it's not as bad because it's much easier to complete one location of 6-10 stages in one go without quitting than 3-4x that distance in a Monthly Challenge, which takes hours.

2. quitting to main menu after one or more locations have been completed will reset everyone's points to 0.

the progress you do keep is the km driven in the car, and the credits you earn for finishing as well as finish position, so it's not all bad.

20190614125855_1.thumb.jpg.0c4a8561300d141ecc6a59874e418033.jpg 

20190614124207_1.thumb.jpg.36bd5a2b55959439c7256348efcf5fed.jpg

(click to enlarge)