Sign in to follow this  

AI cars!!!!

Posted (edited)

I've had enough of them, I've just lost two grid starts in a row after being taken out in the last sector by the AI cars when I'm comfortably leading. I'm going to stop all sprint and grid starts and just stick to qualifying, the only way you can race without outside influences. 

Edited by G1bby

I’ve had more of a problem with AI’s crashing and coming back on the track and taking me out 

Many times I’m 4-5s in the lead halfway through the race but end up losing. AI opponent seems to weave through traffic at will. 
while when it’s you, the other AIs are programmed to block, swipe and get aggro. 
the game logic is a scam. Whenever you get ahead in points, you get a string of races against opponents with much lower trophy points that will wipe the track with you. Quick lost of few hundred points in a flash. 
imagine playing against the same opponent 4-5times in a row and losing... but that opponent don’t see an increase in trophy points. 

Yet again, 3s ahead in Japan and about to take enetr the corner after the long straight, an AI car smashes me from the inside and sends me off the track!! Luckily I managed to get back on track and take the win but I lost teh final sector.

I'm sure they're programmed to be aggressive if you're leading by too much time. 

1 hour ago, mobileracingfan said:

If you are in a comfortable lead over your opponent, hold position and resist the urge to race the AIs.

That's what I was doing in Japan, had a healthy lead so took it easy into the corner after the straight, the AI car just smahes into the side while taking me on the inside!!

9 hours ago, G1bby said:

That's what I was doing in Japan, had a healthy lead so took it easy into the corner after the straight, the AI car just smahes into the side while taking me on the inside!!

Keep an eye on the "radar" and let AI through if it's on a charge to overtake or gets too close.  It's programmed to "retaliate" if you get in its way.  I give plenty of room and stay hell away from AIs if I'm in a good position and need to finish.

I rarely take on AI cars now. Not worth it. The worst is when you are trying to avoid an overly-aggressive opponent, veer close to an AI and then the AI takes you out. Lose-lose situation.

Ferrari AI is the worst.  The car is always so slow and clumsy around the corners, especially when your opponent is right at your tail and you need to pass.  Then the Ferrari gets aggressive and takes you out.

1 hour ago, BjornIdiot said:

I thought they were all the same? I find the Mercedes most aggressive myself. Or is that just me noticing it? 🤔

Mercedes is the most civilized of the bunch.  Toro Rosso and Williams are the most aggressive.  They will attack and take you out if you get too close.

I find the AI cars very slow at the apex of the corner then blast off down the straights. Makes it difficult to overtake. In general though I find the AI cars are only aggressive if you’re first aggressive with them

11 hours ago, KMPkemp said:

I find the AI cars very slow at the apex of the corner then blast off down the straights. Makes it difficult to overtake. In general though I find the AI cars are only aggressive if you’re first aggressive with them

They are only slow and deliberately trying to hold you up if your opponent (usually AI) is ahead of you.