Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Thrustmaster T150 not recognized

Hello, I have been loving the game and so I decided to buy a wheel and pedal set so I could use that instead of a ps4 controller (I play on PC/Steam).  However, I cannot seem to set up the T150, the game doesn't seem to recognize it at all.  The wheel works totally fine on iRacing but doesn't seem to work on F1 2019. Anyone able to help me figure out how to get it set up in game?  Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Also I have downloaded every single Thrustmaster setup from the workshop and none of them recognize the wheel when I go into my control settings.

Already tried:

reinstalling the wheel

updated all firmware and drivers for the wheel

the switch is set to ps3(pc) and not ps4 as it is supposed to be

Again this worked totally fine on iRacing but doesn't seem to work for F1 2019.

Edited by WellsIII
clarifications

On 3/30/2020 at 8:00 PM, WellsIII said:

Also I have downloaded every single Thrustmaster setup from the workshop and none of them recognize the wheel when I go into my control settings.

Already tried:

reinstalling the wheel

updated all firmware and drivers for the wheel

the switch is set to ps3(pc) and not ps4 as it is supposed to be

Again this worked totally fine on iRacing but doesn't seem to work for F1 2019.

Driver package is 2020_TTRS_1 and firmware is v11. Assuming you are running Windows 10 64-bit version 1903/1909 with an Administrator account.

Install the above, do the firmware update, restart the PC. Check for correct operation in Thrustmaster CP. Set DOR to 360.

Delete hardware_settings_config.xml before launching the game.

Go into in-game settings and set controller scheme, remap as required, save as new scheme and play.

Which bit does it (or you) fail at?

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply.  However it is still not working.  I followed all steps above and it still doesn't work for F1 2019 but it works for iRacing.

Notes: every time I delete hardware_settings_config.xml before launching the game it comes back after I have closed the game, even when I have selected "delete permanently"

When I go to in-game settings there is not option for set controller scheme.  I go into game options > settings > controls, vibration, force feedback.  From here i try but cannot input anything from the steering wheel and pedals into a scheme that exists (keyboard scheme etc).  Looks as though the game does not recognize the wheel at all.  I downloaded many schemes from the steam workshop and none of them recognize my wheel. I have tried to edit all of these schemes however no inputs are being taken from my wheel.  I have linked a screenshot below.  There is not option on any of my screens to just create a new scheme.  Even if there was though it seems the game does not recognize the wheel.  Any other ideas?  Thanks for the help.

f1 issues.jpg

Deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml is a workaround in an attempt to force the game to re-detect hardware. You do not need to delete it permanently. Once is sufficient for each troubleshooting step 🙂

The Steam workshop settings are not required for the operation of the wheel they are configurations of the wheel settings in game. You can see they are barred as you do not have the hardware registered.

Can I just double check? You absolutely meet *all* the statements in my first post?

If so, can you post a screenshot of the Thrustmaster CP, please?

F12019 doesn't recognize the Thrustmaster T150. The T150 is connected to the PC with latest drivers and firmware, his control panel is working well, but it doesn't appear in the F12019 peripherals.

Can you help me please? 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Flafly said:

F12019 doesn't recognize the Thrustmaster T150. The T150 is connected to the PC with latest drivers and firmware, his control panel is working well, but it doesn't appear in the F12019 peripherals.

Can you help me please? 

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before starting the game.

Also remove any other controllers like gamepads.

Edited by steviejay69

I had this problem after doing a bearing mod on my T150. ( I replaced the 2 white bushes next to the motor with miniature ball races.  Much quicker response, especially in chicanes.)  I ran the Thrustmaster Firmware updater after installing  2020_TTRS_1 .

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, thisdisplayname said:

I had this problem after doing a bearing mod on my T150. ( I replaced the 2 white bushes next to the motor with miniature ball races.  Much quicker response, especially in chicanes.)  I ran the Thrustmaster Firmware updater after installing  2020_TTRS_1 .

We would have less issues (or at least the same ones) if people just did this.