Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

XB1 - Some Saved Data Reset

So, i was trying to join someone in a lobby via the xbox friends tab, as it got stuck on the loading screen that says “joining lobby” i quit the game and restarted the game. But when i got back on, i had to create a new avatar. This got me thinking, surely not. And then, when i finished creating a new avatar, there i was, with my jaw dropped to the floor. I got hit with an empty account, no career mode save anymore, no championship save anymore, all my trophies gone, replays etc. The only thing left was my multiplayer data. I was into my 8th season in career mode, blood, sweat and tears. GONE in a second. It was probably because i quit the game as it was loading me in a lobby, but this wasnt the first time i did this. Can anyone of the devs maybe explain what the cause of all this was, i know i cant get my save back, but just some explaining would be highly appreciated!

Have you checked your Xbox account to see if your data there is still correct?

59 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Have you checked your Xbox account to see if your data there is still correct?

So the thing is, when you check the data tab for the corresponding game, there should be 2 saves, one for online and one for offline, now there is only the online one, but i still have all my achievements.

25 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Is there no synchronization going in on when you start the game again?

So apparently there should be only one save, which is there, a save of 105 mb. So i think it should be that but its not synchronizing

Posted (edited)

This as happend to me on the ps4 both times because I accepted an online invite before starting the game first. The last time I did it I realised and shut my ps4 down when I was on the create avatar page and thankfully my in game settings were saved when I restarted the game.

Edited by smudger1982

3 minutes ago, smudger1982 said:

This as happend to me on the ps4 both times because I accepted an online invite before starting the game first. The last time I did it I realised and shut my ps4 down when I was on the create avatar page and thankfully my in game settings were saved when I restarted the game.

Yeah I restarted the game and restarted my xbox, nothing happend

You would of needed to of done it before loading in your new created avatar that wipes your previous saved data soon as you create it. That's why the third time round I did it I realised and didn't go past the avatar page I just shut down my ps4 and thankfully my previous save was still there that time round. 

10 minutes ago, smudger1982 said:

You would of needed to of done it before loading in your new created avatar that wipes your previous saved data soon as you create it. That's why the third time round I did it I realised and didn't go past the avatar page I just shut down my ps4 and thankfully my previous save was still there that time round. 

Oh wow, now i get it. Well thanks for the help, now it wont be able to be restored again. FML

It's been happening to loads I race in leagues with also mate. It was raised in the technical area patches ago and is still in the game. All I can say is like I learnt twice over you know for next time.

So it's clear now. Not the outcome you would have liked to see. Anything us mortals can do to prevent this from happening? Not sure if this is game related or not? And if this should be removed to the technical section? Sorry, didn't the read the complete post. Will move it to the technical section. @steviejay69, any suggestions on this topic (Didn't search the forum yet)

6 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

So it's clear now. Not the outcome you would have liked to see. Anything us mortals can do to prevent this from happening? Not sure if this is game related or not? And if this should be removed to the technical section? Sorry, didn't the read the complete post. Will move it to the technical section. @steviejay69, any suggestions on this topic (Didn't search the forum yet)

I do PC support not XB1 😇 

Not even sure if the game saves are in a proprietary format.

When I had a X360 things were different.

PC file systems are identical, just save locations may be different.

There’s enough to keep me occupied on the PC side of things without filling my head with console information that’s largely irrelevant and of no real use to me personally, sorry.

I wish the affected users luck and hopefully success.

Hi there. Just the other day, I was attempting to get into a multiplayer lobby for a league (it wasn’t a registered league in the game). After trying to get in with two separate invites and having it fail, I decided to restart my game by going to the home Xbox menu, starting another game and quickly going back to start the F1 2019 game so that it would restart itself. It did everything as usual up until the start screen. It acted as if I had just opened up the game and made me create a new driver and everything. My super license data had been saved I know for sure because I was still at Level 8 Silver. But my icon had been reset, as had my driver, multiplayer car, career save and all my championship saves. This was under the most up to date version (1.22) running on an Xbox One S. I use a Thrustmaster TMX, but I don’t think this had anything to do with it. I remember it making me recreate a driver once before, but by the time I got back into the lobby, everything had restored itself or something. But I did nothing different in this case I don’t believe. Also, it reset all of my setup information (of which I had 50 or so saved). Is there anyway to work around this to get my data back or am I stuck with having all of this reset?

This is the second post regarding this in a short period of time. If you have followed Xbox and created a new profile you're stuck unfortunately. I will try to find the other post and merge this.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2020 at 3:51 AM, 1512marcel said:

This is the second post regarding this in a short period of time. If you have followed Xbox and created a new profile you're stuck unfortunately. I will try to find the other post and merge this.

Oh that’s terrible... thank you though. I would have tried to restart my Xbox or the game again, but they were waiting on me in the lobby and I thought that they wouldn’t have waited so many minutes to restart everything. If this is game related I am surprised this hasn’t been resolved yet as that was nearly a year of gameplay, setup and social data all wiped out without my permission. I was into season 4 or 5 in career mode and about to win the championships for the first time, and I had already gotten gold start achievements in many of the championship series like both F2s, 2019 World Championship, Classic Cars, and so on. If this is a game bug I would consider this game-breaking...

Edited by Rdasher15

It has been mentioned before, but we've been unable to recreate. Can someone (with a blank save) try and reproduce the issue? We have tried here and couldn't find an accurate method of reproduction at the moment.

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

It has been mentioned before, but we've been unable to recreate. Can someone (with a blank save) try and reproduce the issue? We have tried here and couldn't find an accurate method of reproduction at the moment.

Thing is, I think it’s kind of random. Like it only happens rarely so you’d just have to keep on restarting the game until it prompts you to do that. If you’d still want someone to try and recreate and record it, then I don’t mind trying later today.