F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Is there a way to disable auto handbrake?

Hi!

I'm using manual transmission with Thrustmaster TH8A shifter. If, for example, I'm stopping at a slope, setting neutral gear and pressing a clutch pedal, in real life a car would roll down a slope, but in DR 2.0 without any reason automatic handbraking is applied (you can see an exclamation mark at the right bottom of a screen). So is there any way to disable such a behavior? 

21 minutes ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

There is no such thing as an auto handbrake in this game.

If you stop a car, set neutral gear, release brake pedal, you would see red exclamation mark which signals that handbrake is on

5 minutes ago, klirium said:

If you stop a car, set neutral gear, release brake pedal, you would see red exclamation mark which signals that handbrake is on

You can see that as a "hillstart assist".. it can't be turned off as far as I know. But then again, what is the problem? It's not like the handbrake turns itself on during driving.

6 minutes ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

You can see that as a "hillstart assist".. it can't be turned off as far as I know. But then again, what is the problem? It's not like the handbrake turns itself on during driving.

But it's a little strange to see this feature in a car which wasn't supposed to have one. DR promotes themselves as a simulator, it's twice as strange to not be able to switch this option off. What if I want to teach my niece to drive with manual transmission, to catch a car on a slope by clutch pedal for example?

Thank you for your response though.

1 minute ago, klirium said:

But it's a little strange to see this feature in a car which wasn't supposed to have one. DR promotes themselves as a simulator, it's twice as strange to not be able to switch this option off. What if I want to teach my niece to drive with manual transmission, to catch a car on a slope by clutch pedal for example?

Thank you for your response though.

I still can't see the problem here. As long as the car is moving, which it should all the time, the handbrake is NOT turned on by itself. It's only when you come to a dead stop this happens.

1 minute ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

I still can't see the problem here. As long as the car is moving, which it should all the time, the handbrake is NOT turned on by itself. It's only when you come to a dead stop this happens.

Exactly! I want to stop and start from a place (slope) only for practicing purposes. In free roam for example

Just now, klirium said:

Exactly! I want to stop and start from a place (slope) only for practicing purposes. In free roam for example

Oh well, I have no idea why this is so important to you. Never heard ANYONE complain about this before. Rest assured, this will never be changed and you just have to accept the fact that it's just the way it is.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Oh well, I have no idea why this is so important to you. Never heard ANYONE complain about this before. Rest assured, this will never be changed and you just have to accept the fact that it's just the way it is.

It is an issue from the very beginning, it just was not worth to start a thread....but it is and was an issue. NOw the Thread is there and all I can do is agree. its an unecessary restriction, particularly for full Wheel, Pedal, E-brake setups. DiRT Rally also had that that issue. RL I got a Car with Hill assist and manual gearbox since September last year, I also dont like it RL Drove 25 Years without such assists and im not used to have all this limimations now RL neither.

Edited by Ulanthorn