GRID Season 3 - Coming this month

5 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

i agree this "excitement" non detail is Not exciting.

I disagree...I'm a standard edition owner with zero intention of upgrading and i'm going to get another circuit that's hidden away in freeplay and a few cars that i'll probably never use so my excitement levels are off the scale 😋

The sad irony of this whole Grid thing is that I finally got round to playing it with my G920 and aside from a distinct lack of FFB from the track surface and kerbs it actually feels & plays really well. There ya go, finally a positive within the plethora of negative feelings.

A point that also brings up a random question. Is it possible to create a playlist in a private lobby to (example) race a set number of user selected circuits as a points scoring championship? We wanted to include Paris within a street series but the host said he couldn't do it.

5 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

A point that also brings up a random question. Is it possible to create a playlist in a private lobby to (example) race a set number of user selected circuits as a points scoring championship? We wanted to include Paris within a street series but the host said he couldn't do it.

I guess this is where your positive feelings will end 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

No reason why you shouldn't be able to mix street circuits and track circuits together in one playlist from what I know - might be worth trying yourself by hosting a private lobby?

• Like 1

Always said, Cars look great, actual racing/handling is good. time of day/night/rain is good and a couple of the new tracks are good, on screen lap timings are a welcome change. 

Quicker to list the positives than what was wrong or bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GavinMac said:

Quicker to list the positives than what was wrong or bad

Positives suffer from being placed into poor game design.

Like visuals suffer from being covered by poor LOD.

2 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Positives suffer from being placed into poor game design.

Like visuals suffer from being covered by poor LOD.

and good racing/handling suffering from no real multiplayer at launch

18 hours ago, CMTGK said:

No reason why you shouldn't be able to mix street circuits and track circuits together in one playlist from what I know - might be worth trying yourself by hosting a private lobby?

Yeah, not quite sure where he was going wrong but It is exactly as you said. What's the possibility of Codemasters increasing the number of rounds per championship beyond 5? 

And Miatakias suffers because there is not derby mode to kick asses and creating mess!:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

And Miatakias suffers because there is not derby mode to kick asses and creating mess!:classic_laugh:

You still didn't get Wreckfest??? :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

So once again..... CM ignores ALL feature requests and makes the final season just another carpack with ONE track. I hope people will remember this and never trust CM in the future. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lastbreath said:

You still didn't get Wreckfest??? :classic_biggrin:

I have it but nothing to  compare when it comes to demo derby of Grid series (mainly of Grid 1) I mean Wreckfest has great content and damage engine but handling physics is somethign that keeps me away.. No bad at all game but..

3 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I have it but nothing to  compare when it comes to demo derby of Grid series (mainly of Grid 1) I mean Wreckfest has great content and damage engine but handling physics is somethign that keeps me away.. No bad at all game but..

Gamepad?

1 hour ago, lastbreath said:

Handling keeps you away? As for me it's almost perfect ))

Wheel?

4 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Gamepad?

Wheel?

me gamepad and i think same for Lastbreath..

If Wreckfest had the handling/physcis of Grid 1 would probably be my favorite game.. Anyway i play from time to time Wreckfest

On 4/10/2020 at 3:42 PM, Miatakias_GR said:

The original pre-console physics were really good but for some reason Bugbear decided to tamper with the weight/handling of vehicles somewhere around the launch of the game onto consoles, presumably to dumb it down for casual audience appeal. The overall arcade feel still works pretty well but if I personally had the choice i'd sooner the game resorted back to the much earlier sim-esque days (when Bugbear didn't quite know which way this game was heading) because although there's nothing wrong with the way things have turned out it would still have been nice to have maintained some of the semi-realism of derby racing that the (very) early access game had. Besides which, we already have more than enough arcade racing games.

• Agree 1

I agree with you there Boris.

I didn't played it as much anymore after that change.  

Wish they would go back to that stage of handling.

Maybe it is time to boot it up again and see how the state of current handling is.   :classic_smile:

• Agree 1

I don't think this is a good idea to bring demo derby back, unless they will improve damage model, which will never happen.

15 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

The original pre-console physics were really good but for some reason Bugbear decided to tamper with the weight/handling of vehicles somewhere around the launch of the game onto consoles, presumably to dumb it down for casual audience appeal

As a casual audience I find Wreckfest handling very realistic among arcade games. In fact there are two racing arcades with amazing handling: Driver SF and Wreckfest

10 hours ago, xOzarPLx said:

I don't think this is a good idea to bring demo derby back, unless they will improve damage model, which will never happen.

They use fantasy cars in derby so I guess it's not a problem

Forza Horizon games have great arcade handling ... I would be happy with Grid 2 / gas damage nowhere near to grid's` 1 though.. Wreckfest about damage is great  !

9 hours ago, lastbreath said:

As a casual audience I find Wreckfest handling very realistic among arcade games. In fact there are two racing arcades with amazing handling: Driver SF and Wreckfest

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the handling/physics of Wreckfest, I was just pointing out that Bugbear have turned the game into something completely different from how it was in early access. My recollection of day one Wreckfest on consoles was that of vehicles that jumped like they were Moto GP bikes and handled flawlessly in all terrains. Admittedly, after rebooting it over the weekend things have changed dramatically and vehicles do feel much more grounded (handling is much more reminiscent of Flatout UC) but you know, the fact remains that arcade racers are ten a penny and sim racing is (with the possible exception of Dakar) exclusively '0-60 in 4 seconds' stuff so it would have been nice if Bugbear would have stuck to plan A and thrown a little variety in the mix.