Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

[F1 2012] [PC STEAM] Freezes screen after a few minutes

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Today I went nostalgic and wanted to play some F1 2012 on PC, but after a few minutes (like 2-3 minutes or less) of starting a race, during the race the screen freezes but the sound continues like the game was still ok but without leaving any error. ¿Someone knows how to fix it? Here I leave a DxDiag if it's needed, I don't have crash logs because I can't find them.

DxDiag.txt

  • A short description of the problem: After a few minutes (like 2-3 minutes or less) of starting a race, during the race the screen freezes but the sound continues
  • Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): PC Steam
  • Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc): Single player -> Grand Prix
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem?: Have to close the game
  • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: No error is given
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): Xbox one controller
Edited by Overfl0w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are being optimistic trying to run the game at 1920x1080@144Hz with a 2GB GTX660.

Try lowering the resolution, framerate to 60Hz and use the medium preset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I think you are being optimistic trying to run the game at 1920x1080@144Hz with a 2GB GTX660.

Try lowering the resolution, framerate to 60Hz and use the medium preset.

At first I thought that but I can run F1 2019 at low preset in 1920x1080@144Hz, the same with the F1 2017 and 2018 games. This only happens to me with this game, but will try it and let you know if it works 😄

Edited by Overfl0w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Overfl0w said:

At first I thought that but I can run F1 2019 at low preset in 1920x1080@144Hz, the same with the F1 2017 and 2018 games. This only happens to me with this games, but will try it and let you know if it works 😄

Remember the engine is very different F1 10-14 to F1 15-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Remember the engine is very different F1 10-14 to F1 15-19.

Yeah maybe it's the engine, now the game last longer but completely crashes after 4-5 laps and restarts. 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Overfl0w said:

Yeah maybe it's the engine, now the game last longer but completely crashes after 4-5 laps and restarts. 😞 

Other thing to realise is driver technology has totally changed. Even W8 did not exist before 2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Other thing to realise is driver technology has totally changed. Even W8 did not exist before 2012.

I think I'm going to surrender and continue playing the 2019 game because I don't see the game working correctly anytime soon 😞 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×