Jump to content Jump to content

ERS in future games

Exodium

hey guys,

as i mentioned some times here the actual ers system is not that great. to hold it short:

have a look at the mclaren mp4-30 in iracing. exactly that is how the ERS system is like. you have 3 modes, manual, automatic and quali. quali. everything can premapped on automatic. on manual u have the possibility, well it's nessescary to adjust the stuff in the race and quali is selfexplaining i think. it just use all power, but u have to map it right, because if not u run out of ers after 1/2 lap. and u have surely the overtake button. u can program so many things like when ers starts kicking in for ex. on 67,5% throttle it starts to get in but not with 100%... its linear with your throttle... everything can mapped. just have a look at this and this is how i wish it would be in the official formula 1 game 🙂

oh and your settings influence your bbias and so on. that would be so awesome and i think the best u added in the history of f1 games 🙂

its a little bit to complicated to explain easiely here, but everbody who drive ever with that car will understand what i mean 🙂

Would love to see this happen but I suspect it will not be that realistic in F1 games. I would be happy with just the auto mode, quali mode and an overtake button. It's just not a diehard simulation but a game that needs to be attractive for a wide range of customers.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 12:28 AM, Exodium said:

but u have to map it right

who? 

The Game (based on your driving aids?)

the team (which car you driving for Mercedes or Haas?)

or you (like setup for each track)

The idea is great, but if you map ERS like a variable in the car setup, people will copy these best mappings and the ERS will be useless parameter.

On 4/3/2020 at 8:18 AM, 2Pacalypse said:

who? 

The Game (based on your driving aids?)

the team (which car you driving for Mercedes or Haas?)

or you (like setup for each track)

The idea is great, but if you map ERS like a variable in the car setup, people will copy these best mappings and the ERS will be useless parameter.

Yeah, i mean you like Setup. It's not like copy and paste because it depends on your driving style, how much throttle and it uses ers not in a Mode config. It depends on throttle and breaking. And on the Mode u use. How much recovery and how much delivery. And how u drive. When u stay at which throttle Position.... So u can copy and paste but it should be that effektive because it must be 100 percent your driv8ng style

Archived