Jump to content Jump to content

[Xbox One] [Crash] [F1 2019] Game crashes after title screen

• A short description of the problem: When I try and continue from the title screen (where it says 'Press Menu Button'), the game crashes. I have approximately 80 hours in-game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also attempted to start the game on the xCloud Beta with no success. It crashes with the words 'Communicating with Online Services' in the top-left corner, so I am guessing it is an issue with the game save or something with my Racenet account. As far as I am aware, I never turned off the game or console when it was saving or communicating with online. This has been occurring for approximately five days.
  • Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): Xbox One
  • Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner): 1.22
  • Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc): N/A
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?: N/A
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem?: Nothing. Just started up the game to start playing.
  • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: No error message. It crashes with the words 'Communicating with Online Services' in the top-left corner.
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): None
  • If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: Video (when the video ends, I am kicked back to the Xbox Dashboard): https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/whoisjohn117/video/92412048

Thank you for the assistance and input!

Thanks for the reply!

Nothing changed to when it stopped working. NAT is still showing as open. 100 Mbps down, 11 Mbps up, 0% packet loss, and 31 ms latency. I also tested on Project xCloud to rule out any issues with my own connectivity.

Also, I didn't say this in the original post, but I used my wife's account to try and start up. Her Xbox account has no issues starting up the game.

Hello!

So I booted up my game again today and had the same issues, so I did some additional troubleshooting and eventually fixed the problem.

Here are the steps I took for future reference:

• Deleted game save from console - console downloads game save before proceeding from title screen - game still crashes after title screen 
    • At this point, I am too nervous to delete game save from the Cloud also and will do that as a last resort.

• Turned off Xbox Internet connection - game loads past title screen - so far so good
  • Turned on Xbox Internet connection - Retry network connection from already-running F1 2019 - game connects to online services and downloads profile - so far so good
  • Quit out of F1 2019 and reloaded - game still crashes after title screen 

• Repeated previous steps to start F1 2019 offline and then connect
  • Complete a multiplayer game of F1 2019 to, what I believe, create a new/overwrite online save file with new online stats
  • Quit out of F1 2019 and reloaded - game starts normally ✔️

Archived