Jump to content Jump to content

• Social Media & Community Team

Welcome to the official DiRT Rally 2.0 Club; the largest one in the game with around 20,000 members!

Whether you're new to the game, an esports competitor or somewhere in between, this is a place that welcomes one and all as we take on massive rallies around the world.

DR2_2021_Club.png

🎫 Join The Club 🎫

https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/club/179040 

📕 2021 Championship Information & Stage Details 📕

https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/News/2021_club_championship

• Thanks 1

I am looking for a way to compete against my fellow drivers. What I am not looking for is to wait a month to be able to do so. You know, it's entirely possible to not play Dirt Rally 2.0 without a club designed to prevent players from playing the club.

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

There are reasons for the length which I won't go into here, bear in mind the last event ran for 6 months.

Besides, there may be plenty of other things to keep you occupied in the intervening weeks 😉 

• Like 1

Sure there are plenty of other clubs. I just don't see the point of not allowing playing the official clubs a half decent amount. No other clubs get even close to the player amount in official clubs so having them vacant seems a bit of a waste when they could just as well be designed for active players and enable playing them a lot. 6 months was already way too long.

Also these social media hype tactics are really stale. Seem to work well on some people though

Edited by HoksuHoo

Ok, so I’m playing ExpertDirt and things goes quite well, then on stage 08... METEORITE RAIN!!! 🤬 I guess the programmers aren’t able to fix this problem, but at least let the player be able to quit before the start of each stage, and not just retire. 😡 Now I’m not sure if I’m able to finish Scotland because of a bug that has existed for 22 patched versions of the game. 👎🏻

Edited by Kjell007
  • 1 month later...
  • PJTierney changed the title to Official DiRT Club
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic
On 4/3/2020 at 7:09 PM, PJTierney said:

DR2_2020_Club_Season.jpg

It's been almost a year, but here are the final results 🙂 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, blainedermono said:

To my knowledge, the championchip of the "Expert Dirt" club ended yesterday. Does anyone know when or if there will be a new championchip? I just discovered the clubs and would love to take part in the championchips.

Hey there.

Official DiRT and Expert DiRT ended yesterday.

My plan for a 2021 season is to only use Official DiRT, but to make it a little more hardcore. Will probably get the next championship set up in a week or so.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

For 2021 I'm looking to do something a little different, in that I'll only be managing the Official DiRT Club and want to bring in some aspects of Expert.

It doesn't make sense to set up everything twice when (based on how many joined in 2020) only one Club is truly active/popular.

So with that in mind I am thinking of fewer Service areas, with gaps potentially long enough for Medium tyres to be viable.

Also might consider Hardcore Damage but will make the Service Areas longer to compensate.

It'll still be a single Championship for all of 2021 though, but based on a number of factors it makes sense to have it be only R5s.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

For 2021 I'm looking to do something a little different, in that I'll only be managing the Official DiRT Club and want to bring in some aspects of Expert.

It doesn't make sense to set up everything twice when (based on how many joined in 2020) only one Club is truly active/popular.

Really? Expert DiRT is more active than most other clubs. Still several 100 participants each rally.
Not many clubs can reach these numbers, but ok, not my decision.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

So with that in mind I am thinking of fewer Service areas, with gaps potentially long enough for Medium tyres to be viable.

Also might consider Hardcore Damage but will make the Service Areas longer to compensate.

It'll still be a single Championship for all of 2021 though, but based on a number of factors it makes sense to have it be only R5s.

Errf...another R5 only club.
I get that it is the most popular class, but do we really need another full year of only R5?
I am in so many clubs now who only do R5 rallies...that starts to annoy me lately.

Why not use the Expert DiRT club and do something completely different with it than Official DiRT?
Like every rally a different class + hardcore damage + only 2 service areas for example.

The members count is huge compared to pretty much 99% of all other clubs, do something with it.
The problem is only, even for me, having two clubs with the exact same pattern, except hardcore damage and (partly) a slightly different class, is not very attractive.
Let them run on different locations each month. This alone would make a big difference.

And for you going for longer gaps to get people use mediums: Mediums only start to get interesting, when having gaps of 6+ shorts or 3+ longs.
Just saying. I wouldn't do that, if you want more unexperienced players racing in that club.
Especially with hardcore damage enabled you wouldn't see many survive I guess.

I would say, up the gap for official to 4 stages and use only short time repair windows. But no hardcore damage maybe.
For Expert I would go for 6 stages, medium time repair windows and hardcore damage.

Just my thoughts.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Thanks for the feedback 🙂 

Funneling people into Official ties into some rather long-term plans I have regarding community stuff.

I have some ideas for what to do with Expert but nothing concrete.

21 hours ago, PJTierney said:

that sounds really good to me.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:08 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Why not use the Expert DiRT club and do something completely different with it than Official DiRT?

After chatting with @jonny174 we agreed now that he'll take over that Club and do with it what he pleases 🙂 

This is a better solution than shuttering the Club entirely, so I'm sure he'll come up with something good in the future 🙂 

• Agree 1
On 3/2/2021 at 5:06 PM, PJTierney said:

Go do the voty thing 🙂 

Well, couldn't vote.
I refuse to use Twitter and was too lazy anyway 🤣
Group B 4WD was pretty close and I would have voted for that probably.

But seeing your crazy pattern, it was good not using Group B 4WD, that would be too hardcore for most players I guess.
2 longs + 5 shorts and 5 longs with hardcore damage is...pretty interesting. You really, really want people using mediums, eh? 🤣

Only thing that makes it doable for most is the repair time, though people must reach the service area first.
I'm really interested to see how many will compete and reach the end compared to last season.

Btw. sad to see, that Wales is not in, but probably the best decision, the direct competitors for the spot (Finland and Scotland) are more interesting.

Are all rallies in that pattern?
Finland will be absolute crazy that way.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:56 AM, PJTierney said:

After chatting with @jonny174 we agreed now that he'll take over that Club and do with it what he pleases 🙂 

This is a better solution than shuttering the Club entirely, so I'm sure he'll come up with something good in the future 🙂 

Cool, cool.
Hopefully he does something out of the usual with it.
RWD needs more love.

3 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Well, couldn't vote.
I refuse to use Twitter and was too lazy anyway 🤣
Group B 4WD was pretty close and I would have voted for that probably.

But seeing your crazy pattern, it was good not using Group B 4WD, that would be too hardcore for most players I guess.
2 longs + 5 shorts and 5 longs with hardcore damage is...pretty interesting. You really, really want people using mediums, eh? 🤣

Only thing that makes it doable for most is the repair time, though people must reach the service area first.
I'm really interested to see how many will compete and reach the end compared to last season.

Btw. sad to see, that Wales is not in, but probably the best decision, the direct competitors for the spot (Finland and Scotland) are more interesting.

Are all rallies in that pattern?
Finland will be absolute crazy that way.

Cool, cool.
Hopefully he does something out of the usual with it.
RWD needs more love.

It was pretty close all-round but the YouTube poll swung it in favour of R5. They're also more beginner-friendly 🙂 

The long runs were something I've wanted to do to a while, as the 2020 season was too easy. 

We all know that Mediums/Hards are rarely used in the game, and in order to make them viable you need massive gaps between service (50km+). I'm sure some super-smooth drivers will get there on Softs, but I am hoping this brings a bit more variance into the tyre strategies. The Degradation and Weather are set up so that it feels like a natural day is passing, doing from noon to night.

The format is the same for all rallies except for Poland, which is essentially a super-sprint.

To widen the reach I wanted all 6 base game locations in this time (we skipped Poland last year), and in trying to even out the surfaces a bit more Wales didn't make the cut.

• Agree 2
1 minute ago, Mike Dee said:

Except I cannot find a "start date" for the club events anywhere! Care to enlighten us oh wise one 😉 

I wrote the article in such a way as I don't have to edit it in 3 days time 😉 

image.png

• Like 4

This looks real fun. Will try to run a few if my timeschedule allows. I understood correctly it is R5?

I am new to Dirt 2.0 but I have played the original one and D4 a "while" ago . 

....édit.... And reads the huge article just above 😀

208 T16 in the garage!

Edited by P308R
On 3/4/2021 at 7:39 AM, PJTierney said:

2021 information is now available, good luck everyone and I'll see you out there 🙂

I'm in the club and ready to go, but I don't see the event in the game. Am I missing something?