DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Official DiRT Club

Because there is only 1 service stop over the 12 stages in Event 1, what are the best tyres to choose? Medium or Hard?

1 hour ago, stein11 said:

Because there is only 1 service stop over the 12 stages in Event 1, what are the best tyres to choose? Medium or Hard?

I just entered the first service at 24th position and started with medium tyres.

4 minutes ago, McGuff said:

I just entered the first service at 24th position and started with medium tyres.

Going to start the event tomorrow but don't know which tyres to choose. Might go for hard?

This is the one Championship where Softs aren't the best tyre, unless you're ultra-smooth.

I won't do my run for another 2 weeks as I have a different Championship starting this week.

Hi all, I just did my first run for the first rally of this championship.  I finished 120th last I checked, but that was due to a dumb mistake I made ON THE FINAL STAGE.  It's a night stage and I had a little trouble seeing one particular turn, didn't slow down in time, went off the course and got a 34 second penalty, or I would have finished higher. Dumb mistakes are easier to make on night stages, I see.

Jared

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just finished Scotland, which I'm not so familiar with, and am presently at 33rd. Pleased as all hell.

Edited by McGuff

Nice 🙂 

I'm typically fast at Scotland (I think I still hold a World Record there on Xbox in Group B RWD) but that's mainly in Time Trial or with Soft Tyres. Mediums will be interesting.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Nice 🙂 

I'm typically fast at Scotland (I think I still hold a World Record there on Xbox in Group B RWD) but that's mainly in Time Trial or with Soft Tyres. Mediums will be interesting.

Hm...do you, yeah?...Were? 🧐

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Hm...do you, yeah?...Were? 🧐

One of the short Stages, go beat it 🙂 

Just finished the first event at 61st (currently at least...). This was really fun, I was driving on hard tires and was really super cautious, very different than how I usually play this game. Well done!

I do wonder, are the cars repaired between events? I may or may not have busted my engine on the very last stage, and no way will 15 minutes be enough for repairs 😛

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, 1Axolotl1 said:

Just finished the first event at 61st (currently at least...). This was really fun, I was driving on hard tires and was really super cautious, very different than how I usually play this game. Well done!

I do wonder, are the cars repaired between events? I may or may not have busted my engine on the very last stage, and no way will 15 minutes be enough for repairs 😛

You get a fresh car between each Location, heck, you can choose a different car if you like.

I prefer the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII for the faster areas, and the Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 for tarmac and the slower ones.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

You get a fresh car between each Location, heck, you can choose a different car if you like.

I prefer the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII for the faster areas, and the Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 for tarmac and the slower ones.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I'm racing with the 208 in this event. I realize it's one of the worst (the worst?) cars in the class, but since I value survivability over performance here, I picked the car I'm most familiar with.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 3:03 PM, PJTierney said:

One of the short Stages, go beat it 🙂 

Hm, found in TT only 3 LB entries in that class.
Glencastle Farm (first part of Newhouse Bridge) was quite easy to beat.
Rosebank Farm Reverse (second part of Newhouse Bridge) I had already beaten you.
And Newhouse Bridge itself. Also beaten.

I noticed TT LB's on wet surface are pretty empty compared to dry surfaces.

12 minutes ago, 1Axolotl1 said:

Thanks, that's good to know.

I'm racing with the 208 in this event. I realize it's one of the worst (the worst?) cars in the class, but since I value survivability over performance here, I picked the car I'm most familiar with.

I would say the Citroen C3 R5 is the slowest in the class, after that comes the Peugeot 208 T16 R5.
BUT it's R5 class. All 7 cars are pretty close together performance wise.

Ford Fiesta R5 MKII > Ford Fiesta R5 > Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 > Mitsubishi Space Star R5 > Skoda Fabia R5 > Peugeot 208 T16 R5 > Citroen C3 R5.
The first 4 being VERY close together.
Just judging by the common LB entries on dailies/weeklies/club events and so on.

• Agree 1

last stage with no headlights and no turbo :classic_ninja:... dropped out of top 100....

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Binned it on stage 11. Hit a rock, had a flat tire and engine was heavily damaged. Ran last stage in 3th and lost 3 to 4 minutes. For the rest it has been alright.

In the 208 R5 all the way :classic_love:

Edited by P308R
  • Like 1

With 0 seat time and practice I went for it. First stage i was to careful and lost to much time and made many little mistakes.

Scotland feels really slippery. Maybe it also not helped i went with hards. I choose for them because of doing 7 stages (2 long and 5 short). 

Second stage it went much better, though i picked up more damage including a broken radiator. It caused that i lost power and in stage 7 i drove without any power almost.
After service i did some repairs, but hitting a little rock in stage 8 caused i couldnt steer anymore and needed to retire. 

On 3/10/2021 at 10:19 AM, PJTierney said:

How can see the different platforms? I never understood this how you can see overall and platform time trail leaderboards. This is very unclear from the game.

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

How can see the different platforms? I never understood this how you can see overall and platform time trail leaderboards. This is very unclear from the game.

Pause menu > Gameplay options

You should see something that lets you either show PS4 or all-platform boards.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I only use global leaderboards, no reason to stick only to xbox.

2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I only use global leaderboards, no reason to stick only to xbox.

I only do it to feel good about myself 😄 

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Not really intuitive. I expect to filter this when seeing the leaderboards. Really hope the leaderboards will be much better in the next game and be on the website. Like RaceRoom.

20 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Not really intuitive. I expect to filter this when seeing the leaderboards. Really hope the leaderboards will be much better in the next game and be on the website. Like RaceRoom.

Chuck it in the wishlist thread 🙂 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:24 AM, PJTierney said:

This is the one Championship where Softs aren't the best tyre, unless you're ultra-smooth.

Soft is the only compound Phil knows how to put on the car! That's at least my plan for this club event... We'll see how they hold up after 7 👀

Posted (edited)

Global refers to public[global] or friends.  Though I think it's default as cross platform.

If you can see 'DiRT Player' in the leaderboards you are on the cross platform setting.  You can only see the names of the platform you're on.

Edited by MauriceMiller