Jump to content Jump to content

Official DiRT Club

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,

• Social Media & Community Team

If you lose your Steam connection the game can't track your progress in Clubs, as it needs that connection to function 😞 

That's why when Steam goes down the game goes down too, same for Xbox/PlayStation.

• Social Media & Community Team

Results from USA:

image.png

I finished 82nd with a clean run, and am now 45th in the overall championship, with half of the season done.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hm, I would like to know, if the 506 finishers include/exclude the ones who didn't continued to the end or retired.
The latter are shown at the end with a huge time, depending when they retired, the first are just not there.

If really 506 drivers crossed the final finish line, thats quite good.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Hm, I would like to know, if the 506 finishers include/exclude the ones who didn't continued to the end or retired.
The latter are shown at the end with a huge time, depending when they retired, the first are just not there.

TLDR: I believe those 506 finishers have indeed crossed the finish line of the final stage.

Good question. DR2.today site (from the screenshot) only shows entries of the final stage of an event, so:

• a) If you finish the event in one piece, you will have your time on the leaderboard
  • b) If you suffer terminal damage, the game will assign you a nominal time for the remaining stages (15 or 30 minutes) and you will be tagged as DNF.
  • c) If you willingly retire, I'm not 100% certain but I guess that also counts as DNF.
  • d) Now if you suspend your run and never finish it, I think you don't show up on the DR2.today leaderboard.

To expand on (d), if you visit the official club page and look at the first stage of the New England event, there are 2040 entries:

176448612_Screenshot2021-08-25at23_41_52.thumb.png.faa564b37fe71bbd556311f346b1d81b.png

But if you go to the final stage, there are only 1863 entries:

141248788_Screenshot2021-08-25at23_42_30.thumb.png.3d1db7ba126d9c7439fca253a5052522.png

All in all, I suppose the correct breakdown is this:

• 2040 players have started the event
  • 2040 - 1863 = 177 withdrew
  • 1863 - 506 = 1357 DNF'ed

One last thing. The RaceNet website API, which is scraped by the DR2.today site, includes an "isDnfEntry" field for each leaderboard entry. I don't think it is displayed anywhere on the official site, but it allows me to calculate the number of finishers (506 in this case).

Let me know if this makes sense.

Edited by gedazz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey fellas, casual player here. I've been playing Dirt Rally for a while now (since, uh, Colin McRae Rally 2.0), but I've only recently dipped my toes into the online clubs mode. I'm glad to report I'm having a blast with the official Dirt Rally club! I'm a massive casual, playing on a keyboard (which I've been doing since 2001, and I've gotten alarmingly good at it), but I'm having so much fun with my first forays into what I guess you could call "simracing" that I'm thinking of investing in a decent rally wheel and pedals. I already asked Jon for some recommendations! XD

No, seriously, this clubs thing is a great feature. Just wanted to put the compliment out there to whoever thought of that. It keeps the game "alive" long past its "end of life". I hope that in 2023, it will evolve into a proper virtual WRC that will run simultaneously alongside the real WRC, open to drivers from all skill levels to join.

Edited by TimothyParadox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/24/2021 at 8:17 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

@UnderclassGDfanHallo Sportsfreund, bin mir nicht sicher, aber ich meine von Dir habe ich mal eine checklist gesehen, was man alles vorher prüfen kann um relativ sicher zu gehen, dass man überall online ist, bevor man eine "echte" Wertungsprüfung fährt, damit man nicht in das Problem "Verbindungsfehler" beim Hochladen der Zeit läuft. Wenn dem so ist, würdest Du das bitte für mich nochmal hier posten? Dank im Voraus.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, gedazz said:

Let me know if this makes sense.

It does.
Really cool informative breakdown.
Thank you for this.
I will keep an eye on this from now on, because I love statistics!
Also joined your club, but still have to do my run.
Chances are 50:50 I have a good result or falling down the cliffside 😄 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:45 AM, PJTierney said:

Sweden stats, kudos for @gedazz for putting them on their site: https://dr2.today/challenges/271/entries

I had an okay run, somewhere around 150th. Still 45th in the overall championship with 5 rallies to go.

My run was terrible...as always in sweden.
Placed somewhere in the early 300s, 2nd bad rally in a row I believe.
You come closer and I don't like it 😑

23 hours ago, claddagh69 said:

@UnderclassGDfanHallo Sportsfreund, bin mir nicht sicher, aber ich meine von Dir habe ich mal eine checklist gesehen, was man alles vorher prüfen kann um relativ sicher zu gehen, dass man überall online ist, bevor man eine "echte" Wertungsprüfung fährt, damit man nicht in das Problem "Verbindungsfehler" beim Hochladen der Zeit läuft. Wenn dem so ist, würdest Du das bitte für mich nochmal hier posten? Dank im Voraus.

Sportsfreund? Lul 😄 
You gotta PM!

• Like 1