Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 Telemetry output 2019 mode broken. Only works 5760x1080, 1920x1080 does not.

Posted (edited)

f1 2019

I7700K

Nvidia 445.75

GTX1080 TI

Windows 10
File version 1.0.62.4494

Currently the 2019 telemetry is working only in triple widescreen 5760x1080. Its completely broken in 1920x1080. It's only giving you accelerations with gravity and spiking in other channels that interferes with the output. In fullscreen/window 5760x1080 there are no issues and you get all the telemetry correctly. In legacy mode it (using simtools as that plugin uses legacy and using it as source for Mover. Also the same by itself.)  works fine in single window/fullscreen and widescreen. This has been tested and repeated several times in every combination possible and the only conclusion is that its a game bug. Its the same in DX12 and DX11

Luckily i only play in widescreen so ill manage but i hope you fix this asap. 

fullscreen 5760 2019 telemetry.png

simtools single screen legacy, no issues.png

single screen 2019 telemetry.png

Edited by Trigen

Posted (edited)

It may already have been said in the post, but have you tried multiple software that have their own code for getting the data?

Also @Hoo

Edited by UP100

Posted (edited)

As mentioned it's been tested with Simtools in legacy mode and Mover in 2019 mode. They basically work in the same way but use different telemetry modes. I don't have any other way to test it. Since it works fine in 5760 but not in 1920 I really can't imagine that's anything but a game bug. 3d party software shouldnt/won't be affected by resolution. The developer of Mover has the same opinion. I've added links to both software and the recordings of the telemetry if they wish to see on Mover player and/or test telemetry. The software is free. 

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/flypt-mover.13464/

https://www.xsimulator.net/simtools-motion-simulator-software/

f1 2019 test fullscreen 5760.MoverRec

Simtools is used as source for mover and gets the legacy telemetry trough its own plugin. 

simtools 2019 test.MoverRec

Here you can see the lack of telemetry in 1920x1080 and spiking in those channels

f1 2019 errors.MoverRec

Edited by Trigen

Can you revert to 442.74 and test please. Hella problems with 445.75 and not just F1.

Posted (edited)

Tried but as expected, no change. 

Edited by Trigen
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Trigen said:

Tried but as expected, no change. 

Did you DDU? If you did not, it won't take too long to try. Really appreciate your help, trying to cut down on the noise here. If this is a genuine bug, it can be addressed. If it is driver-related, we must direct it back to whence it came (i.e. Nvidia).

22 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Did you DDU? If you did not, it won't take too long to try. Really appreciate your help, trying to cut down on the noise here. If this is a genuine bug, it can be addressed. If it is driver-related, we must direct it back to whence it came (i.e. Nvidia).

I always do and just to rule this out completely tried a couple of drivers aprox 6 months apart. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trigen said:

I always do and just to rule this out completely tried a couple of drivers aprox 6 months apart. 

Are you directing the telemetry to one device or using broadcast mode?

What is the send rate you are using? Have you tried all the options?

28 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Are you directing the telemetry to one device or using broadcast mode?

What is the send rate you are using? Have you tried all the options?

its directed to localhost and default port. Every combination is tested, its just plain luck that i discovered it worked in triple screen. Like i've said, it works fine in Legacy. 2019 only gives you Acc with gravity but spikes in normal acc. Also if the car stands still you suddenly get data from normal acc etc. None of which makes any sense from a 3d party or graphical driver view. 

• Like 1

It's possible that the issue is related to framerate, where running very high fps in 1920 might be giving anomalous readings for some of the physics-based data. It's possible that clamping the frame rate will resolve this, although this will introduce potential undesirable changes in the handling. We are investigating this issue at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Hoo said:

It's possible that the issue is related to framerate, where running very high fps in 1920 might be giving anomalous readings for some of the physics-based data. It's possible that clamping the frame rate will resolve this, although this will introduce potential undesirable changes in the handling. We are investigating this issue at the moment.

Thank you for the quick update. Really appreciate that. I've been driving with full then clamped at 60 FPS for most of the time and haven's seen any difference.  PS Simtools only works in DX11

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, Hoo said:

Update. I belive you are correct on the fps being the issue here. I had forgotten to turn on cap fps and thought i was running 60 fps. When in 5760 and high preset the fps was low enough to get the telemetry trough. When i turn on Vsync or actually limit it to 60 its works just fine. It looks til fail between 150-160 and up from there when testing with the limits

Edited by Trigen