Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

PC - Crashing to desktop April - NVIDIA

I have now the same Problem. After 2 - 4 Rounds the Game crashes and send me to Desktop 😕 

(2080 super / 445.87)

I hope for an Nvidia fix soon.

48 minutes ago, DarkDelta said:

I have now the same Problem. After 2 - 4 Rounds the Game crashes and send me to Desktop 😕 

(2080 super / 445.87)

I hope for an Nvidia fix soon.

442.74, just no DLSS 2.0

Posted (edited)

hello all,

I've just seen over on the steam discussions page that nvidia have released a hotfix driver that apparently addresses this issue;

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5022/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-445.98?fbclid=IwAR2BtAiP8thV64TasFmr60_20tRzYiBAdsOQ81GKq1tgihQEs2td-Fm8kG4

NVIDIA's notes re the hotfix driver:

"GeForce Hotfix display driver version 445.98 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 445.87.

A GeForce driver is an incredibly complex piece of software, We have an army of software engineers constantly adding features and fixing bugs. These changes are checked into the main driver branches, which are eventually run through a massive QA process and released.

Since we have so many changes being checked in, we usually try to align driver releases with significant game or product releases. This process has served us pretty well over the years but it has one significant weakness. Sometimes a change that is important to many users might end up sitting and waiting until we are able to release the driver.

The GeForce Hotfix driver is our way to trying to get some of these fixes out to you more quickly. These drivers are basically the same as the previous released version, with a small number of additional targeted fixes. The fixes that make it in are based in part on your feedback in the Driver Feedback threads and partly on how realistic it is for us to quickly address them. These fixes (and many more) will be incorporated into the next official driver release, at which time the Hotfix driver will be taken down.

To be sure, these Hotfix drivers are beta, optional and provided as-is. They are run through a much abbreviated QA process. The sole reason they exist is to get fixes out to you more quickly. The safest option is to wait for the next WHQL certified driver. But we know that many of you are willing to try these out.

These HotFix drivers represent a lot of additional work by our engineering teams, I hope they provide value for you. We’ll try it out and see if people like the idea and want us to continue.

What's New:

This Hotfix driver addresses the following:

• Notebooks with Maxwell generation GPUs may experience higher GPU utilization during game play leading to reduced battery life and higher temperature
  • Fixed an issue where the shader cache was sometimes incorrectly purged on app launch
  • Some games may appear very bright when HDR is enabled
  • [F1 2019]: Game may randomly crash to desktop
  • [Overwatch]: Improves game stability
  • Fixes driver installation issue on Colorful GeForce GTX 1650"

I'll either install it in the morning when I have more time to race/test or wait for the next full driver release.

hope this helps

Edited by TheRichie2k19
added driver details/release notes
  • Thanks 2

I've added this to the recommended @Morsify so it helps other users. Thanks for testing and feeding back to us on the new NVIDIA patch 👍

Thanks to follow your products during this strange period.

I will try this hotfix and let you know if this help to solve the game crashing.

Ok It works fine now with this new driver pack, thanks a lot 👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 1