DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)

They would have to implement several new pieces of functionality for that to be possible, and test them. I'd guess maybe 1-2 months work.

Edited by XenialJ

Still down on PS4 (UK).  Was nearly able to get a Rallycross career going earlier but the network lost connection and the game bluescreened with a system error (happened twice).  

Just downloaded this morning played it for a few hours then connective errors throughout 5hours then got disconnected now I've lost my money and any progress through  online rally career I'm in the UK and have a ps4

4 minutes ago, XenialJ said:

They would have to implement several new pieces of functionality for that to be possible, and test them. I'd guess maybe 1-2 months work.

Then lets hope not to miss monthly events 🙂

Just sent an e mail to the Baby ***** for divine Inspiration. No joy he said tis goosed. Im away again now not because the game is working but because I've enough today #sadface😔😔😔

Well, when trying whether it works now the game told me that my career has been reset because of a discrepancy in local and server data after selecting events in my team, and then went on to a connection error. So basically the game told me that my savegame has been possibly deleted, but doesn't allow me to check whether that's the case, because i can't check my events progress, my garage and my staff, and my credits are always shown as 0 anyway.

I spoke to the server today and he told me when he wanted to play with me but at the time
 I can only play quietly and I enjoy the sound through my soround system
  • Haha 2

At this point I really wonder how many palyer are trying to connect at the same time. 1000? 2000? even my workstation at home could handle 500 connections. You gotta pump those numbers up those are rookie numbers. 🙂

Posted (edited)

PC, Steam, Viasat internet, 1230 US CDT.  Completely unable to connect to anything except Free Roam.

Tried several times to get into Events:  always got the same error shown in pic below.  Also tried to get into Clubs a few times and just got a "timed out" message.  Likewise for Garage.  When trying to go to Staff, I had ZERO money, my 3 guys were gone, and eventually the thing timed out.

Worked pretty good after 2000 US CDT last night so I was rather surprised.  I blame Europe 😉 

2020-04-08 Connection 01.jpg

2020-04-08 Connection 02.jpg

Edited by BayouRally

Posted (edited)

CONNECTION FAILED - Germany, Hamburg
Windows 10

Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (40).png

Edited by fl0wf1r3

7 minutes ago, BayouRally said:

PC, Steam, Viasat internet, 1230 US CDT.  Completely unable to connect to anything except Free Roam.

Tried several times to get into Events:  always got the same error shown in pic below.  Also tried to get into Clubs a few times and just got a "timed out" message.  Likewise for Garage.  When trying to go to Staff, I had ZERO money, my 3 guys were gone, and eventually the thing timed out.

Worked pretty good after 2000 US CDT last night so I was rather surprised.  I blame Europe 😉 

2020-04-08 Connection 01.jpg

2020-04-08 Connection 02.jpg

I blame Trump..her hairs make servers crazy😋

Sry,was poor joke..

Server is unavailable, when I go to "my team"

I play on PC, Steam.

dirt4.jpg

5 minutes ago, IygVanDyk said:

I blame Trump..her hairs make servers crazy😋

Sry,was poor joke..

A poor joke is better than no joke in these dark times.

Anyway, noonish my time is just getting into European prime time, and things worked for me last night after European bedtime, so I was just speculating this was related.

Posted (edited)

Haven’t been able to connect yesterday or today at all, not once. Played seb loeb rally evo instead. You know things are bad when a milestone game is your more reliable choice.

On PS4, had game since release, only had rare occasion of server issues till yesterday.

Edited by Frankiestail
Edited to add PS4

3 minutes ago, BayouRally said:

A poor joke is better than no joke in these dark times.

Anyway, noonish my time is just getting into European prime time, and things worked for me last night after European bedtime, so I was just speculating this was related.

Yep😕

Okey🤔

Can’t get on at all. Was intermittent earlier and I managed to complete daily stages. Restarted XBox and WiFi to no avail. Frustrated, I’ve just maxed the C3 R5 which drives like a dream & wanna get it into the challenges.

D7E22571-B0BF-4BFA-AA73-81FC288771B4.jpeg

Posted (edited)

At this point of time we all know what is shown as a connectivity error(and believe in you). Please stop uploading error screenshots. This makes servers more  frustrated. 

Edited by ToMythTo

1 minute ago, ToMythTo said:

At this point of time we all know what is shown as a connectivity error. Please stop uploading images. This makes servers more  frustrated. 

The pics show different error codes.  They show codes so we can tell CM which codes we see.  And it's a lot easier to post a pic of the code than trying to write it down.

• Agree 1

I cant even play carrer mode since i cant get past the connection issue

Servers were bad shape before PS4 +member free release and now it´s totally unusable.
Codemasters didn´t see this before and could make preparations to increased number of players?

• Agree 3