DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Servers were bad shape before PS4 +member free release and now it´s totally unusable.
Codemasters didn´t see this before and could make preparations to increased number of players?

• Agree 3

I couldn't connect at about 5.30pm. I'm on Xbox, in the UK.

After several re-tries, I got into My Team but it wouldn't repair my car and then I got the 'connection failed' message. Whose bright idea was it to make My Team online only?

I quit the game and put F1 2019 on...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Cannot connect from the Netherlands either (PC). Been this way since yesterday. Sometimes it works, but then it won't upload my results after the stage. 

Edited by smorgje
Added the fact that I'm on PC.

My playing time now :

Communication with the server ...
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again
Try again

• Agree 1

1119510320_DiRTRally2.02020_04_088_22_44pm.thumb.png.d85e490b1d3feacbe095a8feb6380c9a.png

I Have not been able to connect to servers since yesterday

I'm on a PC in South Africa and I tried to access the "my team " section. 

àPJTierney                            
Bonjour, je me permets de vous envoyé ce message, au sujet des déconnexions intempestives que l'on subit depuis quelques jours.            
Cela fait 2 semaines que l'on a vraiment l'occasion de rouler sur Dirt Rally 2,0 et de profiter de cette simulation, vu les restrictions du confinement COVID19 en France.      
Nous sommes une communauté en France qui avont créer une série de rallye pour répondre au confinement du Coronavirus, afin que les pilotes restent à la maison et puisse profiter de cette simulation.   
Voiçi le message qui a été mis sur Racenet:                        
Pendant toute la durée du confinement créé par l'État pour réduire la propagation du COVID-19, j'organise un mini championnat avec chaque jour un petit rallye pour passer le temps. Bonne route. Jimmy Cram
Ci-joint le lien sur Racenet:  https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/47743                    
Au départ, j'ai bien accepté que les coupures que l'on a subit, était d'ordre non prioritaire, vu la conjoncture actuelle.              
J'ai ausi suivi le forum Codemasters qui a fait des modifications sur Racenet pour être plus performant.                 
Mais a ce jour, on découvre que les coupures deviennent plus importantes, et que l'on arrive même pas à terminer un rallye.            
Mes collègues et moi-même, sont sur Windows 10 et chacun remonte des plaintes, a ce sujet tous les jours.              
Pourriez vous nous donner une explication, et remonter ce message a l'équpe Codemasres, afin que l'on puisse vraiment profiter de cette simulation.        
Je pense que vu le temps que cela dure (on a connu cela avec Dirt Rally) Codemasters devrait faire les efforts nécessaires.            
J'attends de votre part une réponse, afin de comprendre cette situation, et de pouvoir expliqué ce dysfonctionnement à notre communauté.          
Merci d'avance                          

Alain

At PJTierney                        
Hello, I allow myself to send you this message, about untimely disconnections that we have been experiencing for a few days.        
It's been 2 weeks that we really have the opportunity to ride on Dirt Rally 2.0 and take advantage of this simulation, given the COVID19 confinement restrictions in France.  
We are a community in France who have created a series of rallies to respond to the confinement of the Coronavirus, so that the pilots stay at home and can benefit from this simulation.
Here is the message that was put on Racenet:                  
Throughout the confinement created by the State to reduce the spread of COVID-19, I organize a mini championship with a small rally every day to pass the time. Good road. Jimmy Cram
Attached is the link on Racenet: https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/47743                
At the outset, I accepted that the cuts that we suffered were of a non-priority nature, given the current situation.          
I also followed the Codemasters forum which made changes to Racenet to be more efficient.            
But to date, we discover that the cuts are becoming more important, and that we can't even finish a rally.          
My colleagues and I are on Windows 10 and everyone reports complaints about it every day.            
Could you give us an explanation, and bring this message up to the Codemasres team, so that we can really benefit from this simulation.      
I think that given the time it lasts (we have known this with Dirt Rally) Codemasters should make the necessary efforts.        
I am waiting for your response, in order to understand this situation, and to be able to explain this dysfunction to our community.        
thank you in advance                      

Alain

Mes excuses si Google traduction aurait déformé mon message.

• Agree 4

Server is down in Colorado USA... has been intermittent all week...

I appreciate that Codemasters are working through some very challenging times as is most of the world, and I fully understand that things will take longer and there may not be that many people who are physically working in the same location as the servers. But and this is a big BUT! This has been a recurring issue since launch for a large number of people.

I would have liked my first post on the forum to be positive but I feel the preparation and planning to support your customers with the online functionality that you (codemasters) built into the game would be sufficiently scaled to cater for a lot more of your customer base than it currently seams it can cope with.

I like so many others have had all of our rallies cancelled this year and was looking forward to getting a rally fix albeit virtually. I really wish you luck getting this game stable for all players and hope the SMT take these issues into consideration for any future games. If not I'm afraid this may have a significant impact on your future customer base.

Happy Rallying All!

• Agree 4

The Netherlands, connecting is a problem last days including today. Sometimes you can get trough, but the same happens in game. Taking a long time to connect, if successfull...

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2020.04.08 - 20.29.46.46.png

5 minutes ago, FlipDirt said:

The Netherlands, connecting is a problem last days including today. Sometimes you can get trough, but the same happens in game. Taking a long time to connect, if successfull...

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2020.04.08 - 20.29.46.46.png

Same error code here.

Finland

The problem with the servers of CM was always a big problem. And now with a lot of players from ps plus who took  the game  the servers... Does not exist. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Offering the game to PS4 players is an idea of geni ..... You had better make a promotion and use this money to invest in real server !!! 2 days it lasts but apparently you have statistics, it affects only part of the players. Open your eyes ! 

Codemaster actually 

EAPRItmXkAEUZH-.jpg

Edited by XxMarijuna13xX
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Error 3370e9ba-----

Cmon!

since yesterday, ı m getting this, Do something or ı m ginog to be mad!!!!

sono 2 giorni di seguito che non si riesce a fare una prova per problemi ai server..... i miei peggior 30 euro spesi.... grazie codemars di .......

Screenshot (2).png

Il y a 22 heures, ChrisGrovesMCM a déclaré:

Appréciez les commentaires, tous et les excuses pour la gêne occasionnée. Nous avons des équipes qui travaillent toute la soirée sur une solution et nous y tiendrons. Nous constatons des progrès. Merci encore  👍

Et nous voilà à nouveau sans possibilité de connexion depuis 16:00 avec la possibilité de s'être connecté 10 minutes pour récupérer les récompenses de la veille.....
C'est un scandale si ca continue je vais faire les démarches pour vous mettre dans les tribunaux bande d'escrocs. 

I'm in India on the Xbox 1 servers. Are the servers down for some reason? I haven't been able to connect for a large part of the day, it's really frustrating

Every time I tried to log in today I couldn't, in fact, I bought the game a few weeks ago and this is a constant thing, guess I buy WRC 8 next time, shocking servers these are. (PC, Steam, UK)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MJV1973 said:

Codemasters didn´t see this before and could make preparations to increased number of players?

Not anticipating how bad things will get before they happen seems to be a common human trait all over the world, not just at CM.  #pandemic :classic_sad:  So, I can't really single out CM in this regard 🙂 

As we say in my business, "Preparations for the next disaster will begin as soon as possible after it has occurred" 😁

Edited by BayouRally

Ps4 Europe UK 

Connection failed 

Error code 2c3b3956170a2aa-1505-55-0

Tried numerous times to get on my team it wont connect,please pop upstairs and give the server a whack.

Seriously there cant be that many people sticking to the rules and staying at home draining  the server! I just wanna play dirt 2.0 😭😭

Been having heavy connectivity issues for the past couple of days, making the "my team" part of the game unplayable most of the time, and triggering all kinds of different error messages : this one however just popped up and I really don't like how it sounds... I instantly quit the game and backed up my savefiles (I do have a save from before this issue occurred), and I have not gone past this screen to make sure I don't lose anything...

Now, given that I have legit savefiles from before this ********, is there any way to restore them and keep my championship going ? I was on the last rally of the Masters' championship (i.e. with 6 rallies and 12 stages per rally), leading the general ranking, I really can't afford to lose all of this just because the servers are overloaded...

20200408212918_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

The month of April is full of value for PS Plus members. Last month saw a lot of incredible titles and this month is no different. Starting April 7, members of this incredible platform will be able to pick up Dirt Rally 2.0 for absolutely nothing. All you have to do is head to the PlayStation Store and visit the PS plus tab. You’ll see a download link that you can click on to claim your free copy of this amazing and hyper-realistic racing simulator.

Does your marketing still working with  another brilliant idea like this during the global quarantine time?.....because all of us who paid for this cant join anymore!

Edited by cflot
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/4/2020 at 17:42, hier217 said:

El servidor no esta disponible. Región: España Plataforma: PC (Steam) Evento: Eventos del club.

Llevo todo el dia intentando conectarme al servidor, mientras en otros juegos con servidores he podido jugar sin problema

El código de error es:

3ae154c5-55-58

Hey all, wanted to drop something here to keep you updated on the current server/connection issues with DiRT Rally 2.0 👇

The news is similar to last night: we're continuing to see steady improvement and more players connecting in the game, but there's still work to be done. We've got multiple departments working through another evening to keep improving the situation. 

For anyone still unable to connect in the game, we apologise. It sucks. We'll keep pushing this forward and working hard to get more players smoothly into all areas of the game. Keep giving us your feedback as it's invaluable for us as we assess the impact of changes we make.

Thank you 🙂

• Thanks 1