DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

3 hours ago, Daizz said:

Plataform: PS4  Region: Portugal  Trying to acess events, even reset all of my RaceNet progress to see if it loaded, nothing. Lost all my credits, all my progress and nothing. Fix your game!

15863638770611299005058.jpg

Different error code this time 🤦🏼‍♂️

1586376040145401126587.jpg

15863761838071912011978.jpg

The server is not available. Region: Spain Platform: PC (Steam) Event: Club events.
48 hours it doesn't work
this is ******* shame

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all, wanted to drop something here to keep you updated on the current server/connection issues with DiRT Rally 2.0 👇

The news is similar to last night: we're continuing to see steady improvement and more players connecting in the game, but there's still work to be done. We've got multiple departments working through another evening to keep improving the situation. 

For anyone still unable to connect in the game, we apologise. It sucks. We'll keep pushing this forward and working hard to get more players smoothly into all areas of the game. Keep giving us your feedback as it's invaluable for us as we assess the impact of changes we make.

Thank you 🙂

If I get it correctly between the lines, we won't have any dramatically effective solution, at least in the nearest future. Oh well...

Edited by MichaelALAD

Posted (edited)

How about taking the game away from Playstation plus until you fix the server issues? The servers wasnt stable before so everyone involved in it should have been able to see this coming.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 4

Dozens of different error codes for not communicating the server? Are you kidding codemasters? How many ways did you discover not to connect to server and not even 1 to connect successfully?!?!

Had another half hour of career mode in the past hour, in between various error codes & connection failed messages... 

I'm going to play WRC 8 and Dakar 18, so you guys keep dealing with Codemasters servers.

"The majority of players are in the game and connecting. We're still working through to further improve the situation for all players" from twitter an hour ago.

dgkhi6yw0aaq3f1.jpg

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

It's hilarious how many people don't use comon sense and basic logic. They have nothing to investigate, the problem is simple, they were never prepared for the servers to have such a high load. Due to corona everybody is at home playing video games so the servers just get overloaded. It's simple as that. And the players from PS4 are not making things easier. The solution to the problem is even simpler: upgrade servers. They dont need "all the tehnical teams" like they say to investigate what a child can find out by using logic. What they are investigating is if they want to spend money on new servers giving the fact that those servers will not be used after Corona pandemic goes away. And we all know how are these companies about spending money... Of course they get a ton of money with the pandemic and the PS4 players but, hey, why spend some on servers them when you can just keep it and keep "investigating" until the pandemic pases. Their problem is that the pandemic doesn't seem to be over so soon so we need to harras them until they will upgrade their servers (not even talking about so much money if we calculate their profit). 

Edited by krakilla
  • Agree 7

Posted (edited)

Bonjour , pourriez vous simplement adapter la capacité de vos serveurs par rapport au nombre de vos ventes svp  . vos serveurs sont clairement sous dimensionnés , et cela ne date pas d aujourd hui ... nous avons tous payé pour ça !!!

Edited by [-RRP-] TeamCrevette

Posted (edited)

We live in cloud age so servers are not any problem if design is OK. But somebody needs to repeat same mistakes again and again. Always on completely destroys the game reputation. It was pretty bad after release and it's pretty bad now. Maybe they should fire management for similar decisions. Crisis should help with it a lot 😉

Edited by Johnnnn
  • Agree 5

Tying the career mode to needing an online connection was always going prove to be a poor idea, as expected.

It barely worked on launch and have had issues from time to time and now with the game being free for PS+ users, my choice of not purchasing the game and supporting asinine design decision remains justified.

RaceNet has always had a terrible track record. I’ll check-in and see if anything has changed for future DiRT titles.

Till then...👋

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RygaCommand said:

Does this maybe have anything to do with it? 😛

Sort of a capacity issue?

The capacity issue started showing up in January. Got worse in February, and have basically been a persistent issue for much of March, we've had major issues over the last weeks at RaceDepartment, people asking for longer session times (not possible). Rallies having to start later as it's been impossible to even enter the club-section on the dirtrally2-site.
Basically the last 3 weeks it's always been hours in the afternoon/evening EU-time with massive connection-issues.
This has been reported in many places, but seemingly no work was taken from Codemasters... See quote under as well!

3 hours ago, MJV1973 said:

Servers were bad shape before PS4 +member free release and now it´s totally unusable.
Codemasters didn´t see this before and could make preparations to increased number of players?

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'm reading 100+ messages per hour, we're not blind to this @somethingthing 😉 

Not now, but there's no denying you(as in Codemasters) have been blind to this for weeks. if work had started earlier when issues started, maybe you'd have less issues now.

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all, wanted to drop something here to keep you updated on the current server/connection issues with DiRT Rally 2.0 👇

The news is similar to last night: we're continuing to see steady improvement and more players connecting in the game, but there's still work to be done. We've got multiple departments working through another evening to keep improving the situation. 

For anyone still unable to connect in the game, we apologise. It sucks. We'll keep pushing this forward and working hard to get more players smoothly into all areas of the game. Keep giving us your feedback as it's invaluable for us as we assess the impact of changes we make.

Thank you 🙂

PC
Norway
Not possible to connect.

This seems to be a thing for the users in our club as well. We've had well over 100-drivers the last weeks, 161 last week. With 60 new members this week we've had less than 70 drivers starting SS1. In addition to this, while there is always a "solid" number of retired drivers, Of the 69 starters, only 19 has been able to do all stages. Many falling off due to the connection-error leading to retirements as one don't want to have the game open for x-hours in case it suddenly works the 10 seconds when you click "try again". And main menu leads to retirement on the stage.

Too bad you had to give the game away for free and get a massive influx of users not able to play the game to start investigating and fixing this... On the flipside - good thing game was given away for free, so this actually is worked on.

Edited by Myrvold
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, IygVanDyk said:

Looks it working now.

*Knocking wood*

Ps4

Finland

It will most likely work better and better as the night falls in EU 😉

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Myrvold said:

It will most likely work better and better as the night falls in EU 😉

Yep😅

I have to go sleep too soon...

And just game start working🤦

I have a problem with the connection, I cant play of the game "My team". 

PS4,   France

1 minute ago, Hotspurs34 said:

I have a problem with the connection, I cant play of the game "My team". 

PS4,   France

Really?

• Haha 1

Update: 

More progress has been made this evening regarding connection issues and most players are experiencing no issues.

We'll keep working hard to further reduce connectivity errors for everyone. Thank you again for your patience on this 👍

• Haha 1

Still no good for me (PS4/UK). Switching to a game I can actually play.

• Agree 1