DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Still no good for me (PS4/UK). Switching to a game I can actually play.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Update: 

More progress has been made this evening regarding connection issues and most players are experiencing no issues.

We'll keep working hard to further reduce connectivity errors for everyone. Thank you again for your patience on this 👍

Yeah, it's working better now that it's past midnight in central Europe and people are going to bed, Asia is still asleep and the evening is just starting on the Americian east coast... I'd almost bet it won't work again in about 18 hours.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Steam, Portugal, still nearly endless "communicating with server" messages and error retries.

I did the Daily Delta without any times to compare to on the checkpoints, as if I was setting the first time. Then at the end, it loaded the leaderboard after a retry.

When ending dailys, it errors out to main menu, failing to load events after a long waiting time.

Update: About 4h later, at 4-5AM (UTC +1) it was back to normal, and very fast. Had the same experience yesterday, but it's not really the most comfortable time to play 😴

Edited by AlleyViper

Working to an extent but very very slow and often requires you to retry.  It's a joke that you designed career mode to only run when connected to the server.  

Posted (edited)

Xbox One X

Version 1.13.0

Xbox One Controller

Central USA

Gigabit internet connection

I am still experiencing major issues communicating with RaceNet servers. The first daily gave a communication error and started on the second attempt followed by a delay at every step afterwards which totaled a couple minutes. The second daily didn't start until the third server connection attempt and took a total of at least a couple minutes for server communication. The third daily I tried, failed to communicate 14 times in a row only to give me a DNF for quitting to the main menu. Switching between anything in my team that requires server communication takes way too long. My experience is no better today than it was yesterday. All of the Xbox Live services are up and operational. When I did a speed test from network settings on my Xbox, I got over 500 Mbps down and over 10 Mbps up so it's definitely not my connection. Latency was only 35ms with no dropped packets. Please provision enough server resources or increase your bandwidth to handle the number of simultaneous users/connections(sockets) if that is what is required. Thank you.

21 April 2020: The RaceNet server communication issues continue and are making it very difficult to enjoy the game. These issues go back to at least 07 April 2020

Edited by FlatOverCrest
Updated information
  • Agree 1

Steam, Clubs not working. Please communicate progress and when it's all fixed.

Update for this evening.  PC, Steam, Viasat internet, US CDT.  Starting about 1730, things began improving.  I was able to actually see the list of challenges and careers in events, and even open them, tune the, car, and do shakedowns.  But I would lose connection when trying to start an event.  This even got me a DNF in the daily in Sweden.  But by about 1800, things had gotten pretty well sorted and I did a different daily, then did 4 stages to finish a 7-stage event in my club.  Then came back and did the Delta Daily as well.

Thanks CM for getting this sorted in time for me to enjoy part of my day off :).  I hope things are also getting better for the rest.

The RaceNet issue has been there since launch! Have you really tried to fix it?

• Agree 2

Just did 1.5 hours of career, was solid and fast (much faster than usual).

2 hours ago, bn880 said:

Just did 1.5 hours of career, was solid and fast (much faster than usual).

Not sure if the problem is fixed or the number of players decreased due to night in Europe and Asia. I still experienced a few times in this morning.(ok most of the time it has been connected) let see in the daytimes.

Now it's working fine and fast. I hope that it will be the same in afternoon and after. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, tjetfiat said:

Now it's working fine and fast. I hope that it will be the same in afternoon and after. 

in the morning it is not a problem either
there were no problems yesterday morning between 7 and 11am
let's see how it is in the afternoon and evening

• Agree 1

Checked this forum having tried to play "Connecting to Server" for the last two evenings - when it kept crashing just on the "repair car" screen was when I gave up.  I know Codemasters want to track the credits against accounts and enable the challenge rally stages - but to have such a dependency for what most users believe is an offline, solo, career mode, is not very impressive - they will have lost a lot of credibility with PS4 users who are trying this as PS+ users.

Personally I still enjoy F1 2019, Dirt Rally, and (even!) the new Grid - but at the moment I'm not sure I'll bother going back to this one.

No, nothing've changed - I'm playing now and it's already veeeeeeryyyyy slugggggishhhhh

seemed to hold up enough for me to do dailies today, hopefully it keeps up.

• Agree 1

Yeah things have been quiet the past hour 🙂 

Player numbers starting to pick up again so let's see how the day goes.

Posted (edited)

I just did the dailys. At first it was very quick loading but then it started to get slower and slower for each one. I bet in an hour it going to be near impossible to connect again, hope im wrong.

You guys should really have made as sure as possible that the servers would hold up when the game came out on ps plus. Just imagine all the customers that got this bad taste just at the start. The game itself is awesome but im sure a lot of people wont even get to enjoy it since they've already given up.

Edited by somethingthing

2 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

I just did the dailys. At first it was very quick loading but then it started to get slower and slower for each one. I bet in an hour it going to be near impossible to connect again, hope im wrong.

I've had an error already attempting to fix the car after the stage, retry - success, but we all know it's not for long...

Exactly, I did four or five dailies just fine, then loaded into the Group B one, it let me start and do the stage as normal, but as it turns out.

The Metro 6R4 isn't fast enough to outrun Codemasters' shoddy servers.

Platform: PC, Steam

image.thumb.png.483ac35c87bba2a1cdc9aba4e437de0d.png

This is all I've been getting for the last two days, it's getting to the point where I might not buy Dirt Rally 3 if it has online requirements like this. I don't want to be locked out of a game I paid 100+€ for.

Just now, MichaelALAD said:

I've had an error already attempting to fix the car after the stage, retry - success, but we all know it's not for long...

Yeah i also got an retry but it instantly got connected after pressing retry. But we will see how it plays out today.

This game is very special, if nobody plays it it works 😄 Come on guys, try different game so I can play again. Don't waste your time 😄

• Haha 1

Well, 20 connection retries and then I quit. They've done nothing, they're just sitting and waiting for things to settle down by themselves. I quit, Johnnnn you can take my place in the queue.

Did the new daily AI and it took ~10 seconds to repair the car, ~20 seconds to upload time or whatever and ~30 seconds to get back to the challenges menu. I guess this is considered working for the guys at Codemasters though.

• Like 2

Just let support know a few minutes ago, starting to see more people mention this 🚧