DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

1 minute ago, somethingthing said:

Its not difficult for them to try it themselves. Just fire up the game and look at the loading times. Even when you had choosen the car and go to the next screen, the buttons to move in the tabs did only respond after a few seconds which usually are immediately. Its very bad

You're assuming connection is down for all players and everybody has the same experience.

Our active users chart is showing that's not the case, however reports on here and social have increased in the past half hour.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

You're assuming connection is down for all players and everybody has the same experience.

Our active users chart is showing that's not the case, however reports on here and social have increased in the past half hour.

Im assuming that its slow for everyone. Why would it be very slow for a couple of people while it "works good for a majority"? I was probably a part of your chart when doing the daily AI challenge but i can assure you that the game did not work well. Maybe try the game yourself and see what a great experience it is.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 6

4 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Im assuming that its slow for everyone. Why would it be very slow for a couple of people while it "works good for a majority"? I was probably a part of your chart when doing the daily AI challenge but i can assure you that the game did not work well. Maybe try the game yourself and see what a great experience it is.

Trying the game himself might not be a measurement since, it is possible him to sit in the next room of the servers which would be super fast😀

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney maybe ‘for the apologies’ and to wash the stress away, you may supply 1-2M in game credits to everyone 😇

Edited by ToMythTo

however, you just have to watch live twitch or YT to realize that it affects everyone ..... rave about your graphics, it's really damn bad

I just noticed that you can no longer play dirt Rally 2.0 from 12:30 because there are connection problems to the servers. I am from Germany / on ps4

I was able to connect at 11am UK time. It was very slow, although I was able to play three stages before connection failed. 

29 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Vous supposez que la connexion est coupée pour tous les joueurs et que tout le monde a la même expérience.

Notre graphique des utilisateurs actifs montre que ce n'est pas le cas, mais les rapports sur ici et les réseaux sociaux ont augmenté au cours de la dernière demi-heure.

Coucou depuis la France 🇫🇷, ça va mieux je trouve si ont comparé à hier en tout cas, voilà tout et espèrons que cela vas durée 👍

Posted (edited)

Still have server issues when trying to complete dailys etc when it does ket you in it takes alot of time to load, please fix as we love this game and can't do our dailys 

Edited by mojo1976
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Naryoril said:

Yeah, it's working better now that it's past midnight in central Europe and people are going to bed, Asia is still asleep and the evening is just starting on the Americian east coast... I'd almost bet it won't work again in about 18 hours.

Seems i was right, didn't even take 18 hours, 12 was enough. I wish i was wrong but it was pretty obvious where the stability "improvements" came from. It worked fine when i tested it before starting work this morning, and now when i made another test at the end of my lunch break it didn't work. With the Easter weekend coming up, one where everyone is supposed to stay at home, the servers will probably be down for the next four and a half days, unless Codemasters REALLY does something.

Edited by Naryoril
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

back after 24h. online sections are still virtually unplayable

yikes, this is not good when the game just went free on PS Plus

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

Can't reach the leaderboards now either (Australia).

I tend to agree with the earlier suggestion that nothing was actually done last night; they just looked at it until enough people went to sleep.

It makes me wonder if the intended course of action from here is simply to wait until the PS4 influx is over.

Since it's related, it has to be asked: Why on earth does the game download literally 2 bytes of a leaderboard at a time? You scroll maybe 10 results and it makes you wait again while it phones home for barely a handful more. Even on the very best day it's impossible to scroll through the leaderboards. It's such a ridiculous design when downloading the whole table of times would still be unnoticeable, while providing instant navigation.

• Agree 1

The ridiculous situation of needing to have an internet connection to play a single player game is the problem. It’s not been fixed, it’s not going to be fixed. Codemasters took my money (£70+ with game plus season passes) and now they hold me to ransom by deciding when I can play. This is totally unacceptable and not how a company should treat its customers.

My game is getting uninstalled, my game disc is going on eBay and I will never EVER be buying another Codemasters product again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Bonjour, j'ai toujours le code erreur suivant moi : e4669c75-3d-58 il correspond à quoi ? avez-vous une solution ? Merci d'avance
PC/STEAM FRANCE

53 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm back today same issues forctge last 3 days can't connect to server I'm loosing the will to live 😔😔

Servers unavailable again. Fix it immediately or I will never buy a product of Codemasters again.

• Haha 1

I wonder is actually being online here making any difference at all as I see no change since it went free too PlayStation plus users. I paid big ******* money for this game well before it was released for free get it sorted. 😡😡😡

• Agree 1

I was able to do the Dailies last night and this morning, but connecting to the server took up to 5 minutes and sometimes failed and needed to retry. Now connection fails and tells me to try later. Get you act together and stop making excuses. I just hope the technicians won't stop working on it over the Easter weekend if they can't fix it before, it's worrying.

Why did i continue my monthly!??   This is BS. I bought this game 2. I see zero improvement. East coast, canada

3rd guys! 3RD DAY! IN A ROW! Ur servers dont work properly... And I even cant already take my money back! What a dumbs...

image.png