DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)

@ everyone with like less than 5 posts who just came here to rage and claim they will "never buy CM games again" [lol sure like anyone cares].

be patient. they clearly weren't expecting such a large number of people getting it on PS Plus. that's on them, sure, but it'll get fixed.

in the meantime, most of you are clearly new to the game, so go play Historic Championships/World RX Championships in Freeplay or the Colin Mcrae mode (if you have that). you don't need an internet connection for those.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 4

I am not new but wanted to try 16 challenges per day but couldn't.

And I think CM should care about nobody likes their games 😄

I am new in this forum but im not new in the game, server suckssssssssssssss

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Of clear mind and of soul I hereby announce that I will never again buy a codemaster game. What a load of rubbish. I love the game the graphics the way the car moves everything the scenery. But it's no good if you can't play. Now back to my original plan that I should have spent my money on a chocolate kettle 😡

• Haha 1
  • Agree 5

Server issues always has been a nightmare for any company especially for a system administrator. Some just say “you suck, will not buy again etc” very easily. there is no other game or application works like a charm for 100% of the time. I am also not happy with the situation but (using this interval to perfect my setups however 🙂 ); when I will be frustrated is if CM will learn no lesson to this and not to try improve the system and game stability even everything is fixed at the end of the day. 

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, ianism said:

@ everyone with like less than 5 posts who just came here to rage and claim they will "never buy CM games again" [lol sure like anyone cares].

be patient. they clearly weren't expecting such a large number of people getting it on PS Plus. that's on them, sure, but it'll get fixed.

in the meantime, most of you are clearly new to the game, so go play Historic Championships/World RX Championships in Freeplay or the Colin Mcrae mode (if you have that). you don't need an internet connection for those.

Who the hell wants to play historic mode? It has no progression and cars are absolute trash.
90% of the actual game content is unavailable, progress is not saved, some even lost their progress altogether ( like even the progress before this server issue ), patience is not something anyone should ask for in this case.

• Agree 8

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, ToMythTo said:

Server issues always has been a nightmare for any company especially for a system administrator. Some just say “you suck, will not buy again etc” very easily. there is no other game or application works like a charm for 100% of the time. I am also not happy with the situation but (using this interval to perfect my setups however 🙂 ); when I will be frustrated is if CM will learn no lesson to this and not to try improve the system and game stability even everything is fixed at the end of the day. 

It's one thing if you can't play an MMO because the servers aren't working, but if you can't play the single player career of a rally game (where you'd never even see a car even if it was multiplayer) it is a completely different story because it feels like the requirement for servers is absolutely pointless and you are hindered from playing the game because this pointless thing isn't working. The perception is completely different. It was the same when the single player campaign of Diablo 3 didn't work for several days at launch.

Another issue is that it's one thing if something goes wrong, it's another thing when server are just overloaded this day and age due to an influx of players that had to be expected. There are 2 issues with that:
1) The launch of WoW was the first time i can remember when a game was unplayable due to server overload. In the beginning of the post WoW MMO age, many MMOs hat similar issues at launch and it even was to be expected, but since then developers have learned from these issues and they have become rather rare now because of that. But these issues now make it feel like Codemasters didn't learn from the mistakes others made in the past 15 years and didn't make use of the technologies that have become widespread since then, which leads to
2) nowadays, in the cloud age, any server side service like this, where you have to expect largely varying numbers of users, should be designed in such a way that they are easily scaleable, even in the small software company i work at we adapted our online system to work like that several years ago and even though our user number peaks don't fluctuate much, but it allows us the scale according to the number of users during the day (there are hardly any users at night). Yet Codemasters built their system in such a way that they can't scale it up even after 3 days, not to mention the time they had to prepare for this influx (between the time they decided to put the game to PS+ and it actually dropping there).

TL;DR: It's a different story here because the servers are pointless and these issues had to be expected well in advance.

Oh, and one more thing: How can it be that Codemaster says "most players have no issues whatsoever" but the peak number of steam players dropped by a third in 3 days when these numbers were pretty stable before that? This means at least a third of the players has these issues, and this doesn't include the players who play the modes that don't require an internet connection instead (or in general), or the users who are just in the game trying to connect to the servers. So, more than a third of the players have these issues, yet Codemaster claims it affects just a few. It doesn't add up.

Edited by Naryoril
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, ianism said:

I’m far from new to the game, just never had need to bother posting on forum before now. I’ve been a Codemasters customer since spectrum days, buying from two kids coding in their bedrooms and selling mailorder via Sinclair user magazine.

We who love the dirt titles all know the shortcomings of racenet since original dirt rally and looked over connection delays in the past, but this past few days obviously as a result of ps plus can only put off new players to this amazing sim.

With working restrictions I’d not be too hopeful that too much can be done to the servers at this time, although I’m far from any type of IT expert.

Just hope this doesn’t put too many people off what is one of the best sims out there, in my opinion. I’ll sit tight, keep sharp in time trials and Colin challenges and at the end of the day I’ll be ready with my money for dirt rally 3.o if and when it arrives.

A big thanks to PJ for keeping us updated and stay safe everyone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I play with the PS4 in Germany and I'm positively surprised that the server is very, very fast!
I hope it stays that way

I can prove my love
❤️

❤️

image.png

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Like 1

Now the Servers in Germany Got faster. Playing on Ps4. I Hope they gonna stay like this. 

• Agree 2

i just tried aswell and even though im not able to actually test to load any stage now the loading time was much quicker in the menus!

8 minutes ago, Mcfly21 said:

Now the Servers in Germany Got faster. Playing on Ps4. I Hope they gonna stay like this. 

The server is really fast
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Just gave it a short test too, and it seems to work. At least i could open the event selection and the garage. Let's hope it stays like this. I wouldn't call it "fast" though. Switzerland btw.

Edited by Naryoril

Working for me in UK now, able to get started dailies.

Thanks for the unsung hero’s of IT working to get us back on line 👍

• Thanks 1

Wow Reeaaalllly Good, now they The Servers Are Really fast not Bad. Hope That It Stays now. In Germany and Europe. 

I don´t know if this is the right Topic.

Ibought the cars and routes, but I can't find them under "TEAMS".

I installed everything and under "time trials" I find the cars. How can I find and select the cars in the garage?

Have been playing Dailys from 2 to 4 pm. Everything seems normal now. Thank you Codemasters. Portugal - Platform PC

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Here in Turkey it is back to normal, but not faster as others mentioned. Not complaining btw 🙂