DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Tristezza server... Nuovi Eventi on line.. server non disponibile. Devo tornaPre a "Menù principare e riprovare sempre. PS4.

È un peccato.. non ho mai avuto problemi col server ma da una settimana a questa parte non si può più. 

Triste.

PC, Steam, Europe (Lithuania). Going through event created via dirtrally2.com and after 4 stages I get this.
The connection has been slow for weeks already (especially creating/viewing anything in dirtrally2.com which as I understand connects to the same servers as game does).

image.thumb.png.8e1d7f5221c8bfda949a3135b9e50c86.png

• Agree 1

Solberg World Cup Event.

Can't connect to server when go back to menu.

PC, Steam, Asia (Indonesia)

20200414214127_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

Same here. PC, Steam, Spain.

Error connecting to server. Cannot continue one of the monthly challenges I started yesterday 😕

Edited by Eluryh

Here we go again. Pc/steam/Turkey, connection is too unstable and hardly connect, that I hesitate to do events due to possibility of losting my progress.

Thanks for the heads up, have let Support know and got confirmation they're investigating.

Here we go again. Finished the daily challenge and getting the error again. I cannot press continue

Playing on Xbox One, USA
it’s been really slow loading from the server today, and I’ve gotten connection errors a couple of times. It eventually connects but still takes longer/more tries than it should (in theory).

0B07D6AB-149C-4C69-8775-AD5D8DD77170.jpeg

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Having to retry 3 or 4 times to connect to server on my dailies, same as above posts, but at least still able to connect eventually.

Not gonna chance finishing my clubs runs yet though.

Edited by Frankiestail

Thanks everyone, looks like they're getting a bit slower with higher demand (Europe just finished working from home today 😉) but support's monitoring.

The server is not available.

XBoxLive, Finland

This issue seems to be pretty permanent. Few days ok and then again, failed...

15868835351657520833100822388378.jpg

I live in the uk and I’m using an Xbox One for Dirt 2.0. I keep getting server fails and then it will load. Is this gonna keep happening, and will I lose data if it happens during a rally stage?

Ok so its not just the clubs thats being slow. Its one of those rare occasions again when the entire racenet is being bad..

Am having issues just getting onto the opening menu. SUCK!

0B1C63AF-0A0A-42A6-8612-7BF64EA1C18C.jpeg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Thanks everyone, looks like they're getting a bit slower with higher demand (Europe just finished working from home today 😉) but support's monitoring.

I don't get it. You are repeating that support is monitoring but at the same time you are asking for reporting connectivity issues. After all monitoring allows predicting system behaviour and what is more important give inputs for permanent fixes (which don't happen so far)

To me it looks like your systems have no headroom at all.  Don't know about other continents but in Europe end of workdays appears 5 times a week. and are followed by weekend which is proven to be demanding too.

Are CM is going to improve the situation seriously or you think ensuring us the monitoring is in process is enough?

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I don't get it. You are repeating that support is monitoring but at the same time you are asking for reporting connectivity issues. After all monitoring allows predicting system behaviour and what is more important give inputs for permanent fixes (which don't happen so far)

To me it looks like your systems have no headroom at all.  Don't know about other continents but in Europe end of workdays appears 5 times a week. and are followed by weekend which is proven to be demanding too.

Are CM is going to improve the situation seriously or you think ensuring us the monitoring is in process is enough?

I don't know the details, I'm a Social Media guy, not a network technician (if that's even the correct term to use here).

All I know is that they do have some systems in place to track user activity, how many people are playing etc., but at the same time "what is the community saying" is a question that gets asked, hence why this thread exists.

If there's a trend in responses, like a repeating error code that gets reported, or if it's only Steam or PSN that's getting hit, or it's only in Clubs, then those are further clues to help diagnose, on top of the existing systems that I'm not privy to (because I'm not a technician).

Essentially, I'm a middleman between you guys and the studio; I'm merely passing information both ways 🙂 

What I do know however is that the studio takes these issues and outages seriously and has done so since before the game's launch, and their causes and future actions come up frequently in meetings. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I don't know the details, I'm a Social Media guy, not a network technician (if that's even the correct term to use here).

All I know is that they do have some systems in place to track user activity, how many people are playing etc., but at the same time "what is the community saying" is a question that gets asked, hence why this thread exists.

If there's a trend in responses, like a repeating error code that gets reported, or if it's only Steam or PSN that's getting hit, or it's only in Clubs, then those are further clues to help diagnose, on top of the existing systems that I'm not privy to (because I'm not a technician).

Essentially, I'm a middleman between you guys and the studio; I'm merely passing information both ways 🙂 

What I do know however is that the studio takes these issues and outages seriously and has done so since before the game's launch, and their causes and future actions come up frequently in meetings. 

It was over a year since the game was released and since they havent figured out how to make it work during all this time i really hope they will make a completely new system to the sequel in case there will be one. What they have now is obviously broken beyond repair if they keep monitoring/trying to fix it as often as you say and still arent able to fix it.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have finished the race, then I have clicked on "continue", and I have got this.  I am Spanish, and I play with Steam on a PC, on Windows 10.dirt5.jpg

Edited by KeeperSt
picture explaining

Discrapancy error when finishing event.

It's as if I haven't played it at all. I got no credits for the 3rd and last round or for finishing the Career Rallycross, although I finished 1st in the last race and in 5th position on the whole thing, after going round and round for 50 times around the track (I have played 3 Career Rallycross until now and when I did bad I didn't receive this crapancy error).

Second day since I started playing (PS4 game of the month). I just wanted to upgrade my first engineer with the ~100k I should have received (I am actually wondering how many credits I would receive).

Posted (edited)

Cannot play single player campaign at all, every time I try I get this error:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2061423426

Wow, Codemasters, I have never refunded a game on steam before and I have many of your games but this is looking like it will be my first refund if you don't get this fixed. How can I not play a the single player campaign in a racing game when there is no problem with my internet connection?

First, why make single player campaign online only at all? Secondly, why are your servers so horrible when connection is required to play the game?

The store page says nothing about on-line requirements to play the single player mode, I think I had reasonable reason to assume I would be able to play the game without any issues on my side.

Edited by ZigiSamblak