DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)

Cannot play single player campaign at all, every time I try I get this error:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2061423426

Wow, Codemasters, I have never refunded a game on steam before and I have many of your games but this is looking like it will be my first refund if you don't get this fixed. How can I not play a the single player campaign in a racing game when there is no problem with my internet connection?

First, why make single player campaign online only at all? Secondly, why are your servers so horrible when connection is required to play the game?

The store page says nothing about on-line requirements to play the single player mode, I think I had reasonable reason to assume I would be able to play the game without any issues on my side.

Edited by ZigiSamblak

Met this last night, and it's annoying as usual. And again now!

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2020.04.15 - 18.57.53.70.png

On 4/14/2020 at 11:37 PM, PJTierney said:

What I do know however is that the studio takes these issues and outages seriously and has done so since before the game's launch, and their causes and future actions come up frequently in meetings. 

Well, as a customer. It doesn't exactly feel like it's taken seriously.

Maybe if some big-shot get's issues in the Solberg Cup. Or Broadbent have major issues when he'll stream it something will happen. Seems to be the recurring theme these days, someone with a name must have issues for companies to react.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

3370e--- while doing a club and tried to retry for 5 minutes.. **** off

left to main menu and rejoined and it worked without any issues. Fire the ones that coded this ****** racenet ffs. Its trash and all this time they have spend on "looking into it" and "monitoring it" they could have put on something else because it have done nothing, zero, null. Pure ******* garbage! Another day and another one of those rare moments where racenet taking a dump.

Edited by somethingthing

Stuck loading for the last 5 minutes. I've had no issues all week any suggestions.  I don't want to loose my progress as I'm in the middle of a club rally with 3 stages left👀

15871367043426510110585678343262.jpg

• Agree 1

Today I have not received the dairy prize.  As I show in the photos, there were 3 minutes remaining, I ran a race, I finished it, I got 2,500 Cr, but the prize, for fininshing the races yesterday, has not arrived.

dirt6.jpg

dirt7.jpg

Still not working still same error code still both Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 affected .. still pc steam netherlands.. Over a week now.. I just reinstalled after not playing for a bit haven't been working since..

What'sup??

Seriously are we still doing this.

Can't even repair because of a network issue. Genius.

Posted (edited)

I have problems whole evening (even right now at 00:42 CET) to load www with results. In dev tools I can see ajax calls repeatedly returns HTTP 500.

The web page translates it to:

image.thumb.png.3b80e1ebc6de0137baa484290c0362a3.png

which obviously is not true. It is just not able to retrieve data from server.

This system is really on the knees for too long. CM is showing no respect to their customers at all.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Most frustrating is that server issues could spoil your club race, like when game hangs at Solberg club and you can forget t-shirt.
So if there is no enough money to get servers which work and guys to maintain those, maby you could add somekind of feature to your games which take into account server crashes.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, in the last couple of days i’m not anymore able to race in the racenet club. When i presa on it i enter and looks like that i’m haven’t join any club. Does Someone know what i have to do?

sorry for my bad english

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, AndreaCrugnola said:

Hello everyone, in the last couple of days i’m not anymore able to race in the racenet club. When i presa on it i enter and looks like that i’m haven’t join any club. Does Someone know what i have to do?

sorry for my bad english

You probably have too many active clubs. The maximum of active clubs are 36.

Go into https://dirtrally2.com/

and then check how many clubs that have a championship running.

edit: I have 37 now and its still showing in game. But it could be the reason. 

Edited by somethingthing

On today's dailys I got a lot of "connection failed" right before loading a stage (right after car selection), kicking me back to main menu, and then "no leaderboards entries" (download failed) after finishing stages.

Steam/Portugal

• Agree 1

Down again, US Xbox One S. I’ve played since the beginning and have seen the improvements that have come with this game, but this is getting to be a joke. I understand that there are more players playing now than before, but DON’T RELEASE IT in such a manner if the servers can’t handle it. Not a good impression being made on the new players...

AC6AD9D2-A73C-4126-A147-6104552B7FA1.jpeg

Down again, Norway, PC.

MJV1973 is right on this, can just forget the Solberg T-Shirt the way this is going.

Posted (edited)

Every f.. day whit problems...this is very fanny joke CM...everybody laugh so much...not...

Meaby it works 2025?🤔

Edit:

Can't even repair my car in event

Ps4/FINLAND

Edited by IygVanDyk
Coz i can

Posted (edited)

is this serious? you create a game where you ALWAYS need connection to the server and then the servers are down 50% the cases i try to play.. shame

Edited by gvdpeirqmopktph
  • Agree 2

On 4/7/2020 at 3:59 PM, MichaelALAD said:

Please Codemasters give us some announcement when it will be possible to actually play the game. I know life is hard and all that stuff but come on how long will I get this after trying my best on the track?

1844540369_ERROR10.thumb.jpg.e358da50a84b5f8ff2a0fd4193434822.jpg

PC (Steam)

Servers fail ALL the time, it's nearly impossible to play the game

Completed kitcar weekly in Finnish, now can't progress further. And since going to my menu prevents getting rewards, I'm kinda stuck there. Fix your game.

Steam (PC) Finland

error.png

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2020 at 11:56 PM, EzraB16 said:

Servers fail ALL the time, it's nearly impossible to play the game

THIS!!!!.

Haven't been able to play for over 2 weeks now, haven't gotten a reaction here from anyone either. I played before, a long time ago.. I uninstalled... and just reinstalled 2 weeks ago. Haven't been able to play since, I can access everything that doesn't involve Racenet.. I just can't progress can't do clubs.. can't do online!!! In both Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0.. Haven't installed any of the F1 titles recently, don't know if they even use Racenet.. Imma try to install one of those.. see if that works.

I'm so regretting buying a codemasters title AGAIN!

Now they finally build a game that at least feels halfway decent. Now I can't progress because Racenet.....

Errorcode etc... look at my previous 3 post in this thread.

A friend of mine who lives next door has a different ISP and is able to log in.. Could it be you don't play nice with cable internet from Ziggo?

Edit: F1 titles also unable to connect.. Codemasters PLZ Fix your ****!!!!
Errorcode for F1 2019: 1008:H 

Also persists for weeks now..

I don't get it.. NONE of my other games have connectivity problems... ALL of my codemasters games  don't work...

Edited by MeNotMe