DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

platform-pc steam region-malaysia problem- Server is not available at all time

20200414031841_1.jpg

More issues today here in the US. Server has been extremely slow while playing, received errors at the end of events saying it cannot connect to the server, I have to hit retry multiple times to get it through. It timed out on me while I was trying to CHECK THE GARAGE?!? It is absurd that a game has this many ongoing server issues over a year since release! I feel bad for the people who recently got it from the PS store for free (or whatever it was, I’m on Xbox so I’m going off what I saw on here). It seems that the GOTY edition and the McRae pack were released and then it’s just been thrown to the curb. I really don’t say this often, but it’s becoming unplayable in its current state. If I can’t look at the cars I’ve earned, if it wastes time trying to connect and takes multiple efforts, if I don’t get the credits that I’ve earned from racing (even if they do come through eventually) it really is not looking good for this game to be a game I keep coming back to. 😕

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

US, steam, can't connect.  Been totally down for 30 minutes or so.  Was ok this morning.

Edited by dtdogen

Posted (edited)

For half an hour can not connect to server needed to finish events.

error: “failed to download challenge”

pc/steam/turkey 

Edited by ToMythTo
  • Agree 1

at 23:00 CET connection failed after finished one of the stages of championship. It's getting pathetic guys. But most important we have brand new game manual... year after release.

Posted (edited)

Got the game with PS+, enjoyed it despite the occasional server issue.

Bought the 20 bucks DLC, and from then it's been near unplayable. I get the "server not available" message. EU - PS4 - just now.

Making single-player content require internet connection is beyond me, so when the servers can't even handle a simple task as updating and retrieving leaderboards...

This needs fixing Codemasters, it's unacceptable.

Edited by 27182
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

anybody knows what is the BACK button for on this connection issue screen?

I'm stuck after stage just before service. I had option to go to menu or coninue. I chose continue and now I'm waiting to not loose progress. ***

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Posted (edited)

Same as you for the dlc.

And if i leave my good online race is not save ...

Edited by JumperTom

After an hour and half, no change. cm system on the knees. @PJTierneywhere is the "we are monitoring" team? Fatality guys.

Posted (edited)

Xbox One X

V1.13.0

United States

Standard Xbox One Controller

Gigabit internet connection

The game is having issues communicating with the RaceNet servers and would not let me continue a weekly event or quit to the main menu. It kept giving me communication errors.

21 April 2020: The RaceNet server communication issues continue and are making it very difficult to enjoy the game. These issues go back to at least 07 April 2020.

Edited by FlatOverCrest
Updated information
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

anybody knows what is the BACK button for on this connection issue screen?

I'm stuck after stage just before service. I had option to go to menu or coninue. I chose continue and now I'm waiting to not loose progress. ***

The back button usually set you back to the replay

Posted (edited)

Thanks. Can I safely go to menu if next stage starts with service? (results from recent stage has been stored, I can see them on web). Or I need to load service to be safe and then jump out to of the game?

I left DR2 running whole night in order to allow game to connect servers once it will be possible. 8:30 CET. Still cannot connect servers.

I'm monitoring how you do monitoring. This service quality is second to none.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Thanks. Can I safely go to menu if next stage starts with service? (results from recent stage has been stored, I can see them on web). Or I need to load service to be safe and then jump out to of the game?

I left DR2 running whole night in order to allow game to connect servers once it will be possible. 8:30 CET. Still cannot connect servers.

I'm monitoring how you do monitoring. This service quality is second to none.

Im not sure tbh but i think it will be safe. The game worked good for me now when doing some clubs and yesterdays daily. A couple of days ago i was stuck in a club and it refused to reconnect to the next stage but after a while i took back to menu and then reconnected and it wasnt any issues (i had passed the screen where it shows the leaderboard). Thats a huge problem because even if the servers just had a small hiccup you might not be able to just "retry".

Racenet is in such a poor state right now that im actually getting surprised when it load quick and it just works and thats sad. Its not the error screen everytime but very often its slow.

Edited by somethingthing

Since a few days the Sever has become much slower !
And what is especially annoying and destroys many progresses in the career is that between the stages the connection to the server can not be established

• Agree 1

The same problem every day. Slowly it gets really tedious.

Simply ridiculous.

• Agree 1

After Easter I really thought Codemasters had fixed the server problem the servers were running very fast even on weekends and then I had connection problems between the stages and two of my cars suddenly had 1000km as if by magic........

• Agree 1

I finished the Daily Event in Scotland today and then the server wouldn't
DNF.........
Many thanks Codemasters

Posted (edited)

Just finished the Weekly Event in Australia, rally GT and for 30 minutes I can't get past this. Platform: PC (Steam), Region: Russia, Event: Weekly Community Event, Time: 10:20 GMT, 22.04.20200422144439_1.thumb.jpg.ccf0554c0e0035563b05ef5b77591d9a.jpg

Edited by martian_buddy
  • Agree 1

Yesterday and today same old problem: connection failed.

Platform: XBox One

Region: Finland

15875612283343935973322899668098.jpg

• Agree 1

Today i lost 2 daily races. I have play them, then server couldn't connect and when he connected i was DNF.This game deserves something excellent i believe, about servers.  

9 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Im not sure tbh but i think it will be safe. The game worked good for me now when doing some clubs and yesterdays daily. A couple of days ago i was stuck in a club and it refused to reconnect to the next stage but after a while i took back to menu and then reconnected and it wasnt any issues (i had passed the screen where it shows the leaderboard). Thats a huge problem because even if the servers just had a small hiccup you might not be able to just "retry".

After 19hours (after sleep and returning from work) still cannot succeed with retry.
I'm able to go back to the menu with replay, have two options: retire from event (definitely don't want to) and return to menu. But even selecting this one, game tries to connect servers and fails with known message and 3 options: retry, return to menu (with warning about loosing progress) and back.

Yeah.. I passed result screen, results are recorded in racenet. But still not sure I can return to menu (or kill the game) without loosing progress.