DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

After 19hours (after sleep and returning from work) still cannot succeed with retry.
I'm able to go back to the menu with replay, have two options: retire from event (definitely don't want to) and return to menu. But even selecting this one, game tries to connect servers and fails with known message and 3 options: retry, return to menu (with warning about loosing progress) and back.

Yeah.. I passed result screen, results are recorded in racenet. But still not sure I can return to menu (or kill the game) without loosing progress.

Does not look like you have much more of a choice than going back to menu and just hope to not get a DNF 😞

Edited by somethingthing

5 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Does not look like you have much more of a choice than going back to menu and just hope to not get a DNF 😞

Yeah.. don't know what to expect since even returning to menu (from replay menu) makes the game to attempt to connect servers. really ****** situation. Left without any help from CM.

Just question: does racenet works for others right now? Can you guys play it? If yes, then it means the game itself has stucked because of temporary connection problems.

Posted (edited)

I got information from my coleagues that RaceNet is working while my game constantly rejects any attempt of connection.

I risked it and I haven't DQed from event. It means that the game it self can stuck in infinity loop of failing connection attempts, even if racenet is up and running again. Why it doesn't surprise me.

Valuable info for others: if stage results are saved successfully (just before showing results table after finishing the stage) and you  now that the next stage begins with a service, no additional server transaction is needed for committing to service. So in case of connection problems at this point, you can freely go to menu (regardless appearing warnings) or even kill the game.

Again, shame on CM they are not able to deliver any help in this regard.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

I,ve been trying to play 2 weeks ago on PS4 and the game was unplayable. I came across this thread and realized that this was happening everywhere and gave up.

I sense then moved from apartment to a new place and loaned my PS4 away. 

Now 2 weeks later (now) I bought Dirt Rally 2.0 on Steam and there is just the same problem!?!?!???! 2 weeks later??

I'm speechless 😕 

FFS, every god damn day !! This is embarassing !! Driving clubs is near impossible now, has been for the last months..

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6a1ffb963825ea55300cf0314b7fd380.jpg

Yup. Continuing with massive issues in Norway as well. PC.

I actually thought for a little while that Codemasters seemed to care about these issues. But now it looks like it was just due to the new players in the free-period and trying to make an impression on them.

Honestly don't understand why I spend loads of time trying to get an eSport-thing up and running on DR2.0

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Myrvold said:

Yup. Continuing with massive issues in Norway as well. PC.

I actually thought for a little while that Codemasters seemed to care about these issues. But now it looks like it was just due to the new players in the free-period and trying to make an impression on them.

Honestly don't understand why I spend loads of time trying to get an eSport-thing up and running on DR2.0

Maybe its time to make an article about it on RD?

I drive moment ago 2 different weekly events whitout problems🤔 and earlier all dailys...

Ps4

Finland

3 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Maybe its time to make an article about it on RD?

Could be.

@PJTierney    Any response from the team on this issue? This is something that troubles many players since launch.

Is there any further plan that you guys support this game longer?

Racenet is being racenet today aswell. Very long loading times and a couple of retrys. Clubs works better than the dailys.

1 hour ago, JKangSC said:

@PJTierney    Any response from the team on this issue? This is something that troubles many players since launch.

If you're looking for a "state of the nation" kind of post where we detail everything, that's unlikely to happen for various reasons.

The team is working on various things regarding servers however, in fact we had a review recently of the big outage from a few weeks ago, what happened and how we can manage things in the future.

1 hour ago, JKangSC said:

Although the game is "content complete" it's still being supported. 🙂 

47 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

in fact we had a review recently of the big outage from a few weeks ago, what happened and how we can manage things in the future.

Are you analyzing outages weeks after the event? Really? Do you even consider an outage as critical issue?
There was another big outage of your services a few days ago. Maybe it could have been avoided...

2 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Are you analyzing outages weeks after the event? Really? Do you even consider an outage as critical issue?
There was another big outage of your services a few days ago. Maybe it could have been avoided...

I'm not going to get into all the details in a public space, as it's not my place to talk about such technical matters.

There are preparations taken ahead of time [1], actions taken "live" when an incident takes place [2], and a review after an incident to refine processes for the future and learn from what has gone before [3].

[1] ie: preparations were made before PS+ launch on a technical side in anticipation of a large player count, and on a staff side multiple team members elected to work evenings/nights as that's when the game is most popular

[2] ie: we had a task force for PS+ launch and set up new communication paths between different departments

[3] while it's easy to say "servers are down" looking from the outside in, there are dozens, potentially hundreds of reasons for such a thing occurring, and every incident is different

Thank you.
You are over here long enough to see those problems reappears for a year now. dev team activitites in order to fix the issue rolls too slow (or wrong direction). Effectively there is no improvements. I would say there are more outages recently then in the past.

• Agree 1

this server system is garbage !!

but now I have enough!

The same error messages every day.

I have never seen anything so unusable in any game.

I want to have fun and not get annoyed every day.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The team is working on various things regarding servers however, in fact we had a review recently of the big outage from a few weeks ago, what happened and how we can manage things in the future.

Besides the big outage, are developers aware that many players have trouble with slow(sometime broken) racenet issue? Because this annoys me the most since the games launched last year.

Bit outage affects us for "only" a few days at most(it is annoying enough). But constant slow sometime broken racenet is really frustrating! I can't enjoy the game with it!

11 hours ago, giga1tr said:

this server system is garbage !!

but now I have enough!

The same error messages every day.

I have never seen anything so unusable in any game.

I want to have fun and not get annoyed every day.

True. I have exactly the same feeling. It feels so frustrating to play the game.

It's been three or four days since Sever went crazy again!
It really gets on my nerves and it's really embarrassing for Codemasters.

No access to the servers at 23:00 yesterday evening, 11:00 yesterday morning, only partly and now and again connection problems

Posted (edited)

So at my place PSN went last night and still there was always the message that I was not registered...........

Honestly?
I don't care what it is and it's not my job as a buyer as a user to make sure you can use it, this is your job
And the servers have been running worse for days already, no matter if it's during the week or on weekends and also the time of day doesn't matter it just runs worse again

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by gleylancer571

Posted (edited)

Same-o same-o. It's been failing here and there, but nothing that could be fixed with a few tries. But now I got really stuck, and in a league that I've been waiting for weeks. Please have this fixed, but I mean for real this time.
By the way, this is PC, not PSN.

SERVER FAILED.jpg

Edited by Procver
  • Agree 1