DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

If the server doesn't work okay that's one thing but it makes me very angry if my game progress is destroyed !

Posted (edited)

I would love to play dirt rally in the evening but unfortunately it is never possible and this is since 4 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬

And then we are told that it is due to Playstation Network I laugh myself to death

Edited by gleylancer571

Posted (edited)

Getting frequent connection failed when retrieving the events list, or when trying to start an event after selecting a car. Atm I'm pressing retry for the nth time after having finished a daily stage to avoid a DNF, after failing to upload the result after time table was displayed. Steam/Pt

Update: problems seem mostly gone

Edited by AlleyViper

The best thing to do in the evening is not to play the game
thanks a lot codemasters that this is not possible in the evening

Playing the Gravel Busters club, currently 20th. I can't save the game, connection error to Racenet. If I close it I'll get DNF and all screw the whole run. 

I understand you are a small company, but can't you guys get help from the community? I'm surr therr are a lot of people with technical expertise, including myself, that would be willing to help making this more reliable, and who knows, maybe people who can donate cloud resources to help you cope with the demand! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Jacendb said:

I understand you are a small company

LOL. Best joke of the week 😉

maybe people who can donate cloud resources to help you cope with the demand! 

Two best jokes 😉

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, Jacendb said:

I understand you are a small company, but can't you guys get help from the community? I'm surr therr are a lot of people with technical expertise, including myself, that would be willing to help making this more reliable, and who knows, maybe people who can donate cloud resources to help you cope with the demand! 

Attempt at a joke, right? Codemasters have approx 700 employees. Quite a few on the racing games, they also bought/acquired and got the talent from Evolution Studios (PS2 WRC Games, MotorStorm and Driveclub) and now Slighly Mad Studios (NfS:Shift, pCars). It's really not a small company going over 70 mill GBP in revenue in 2019(Fiscal Year) ending on 3.7mill GBP in profit. That's not small studio numbers.

• Agree 4

46 minutes ago, Myrvold said:

Attempt at a joke, right? Codemasters have approx 700 employees. Quite a few on the racing games, they also bought/acquired and got the talent from Evolution Studios (PS2 WRC Games, MotorStorm and Driveclub) and now Slighly Mad Studios (NfS:Shift, pCars). It's really not a small company going over 70 mill GBP in revenue in 2019(Fiscal Year) ending on 3.7mill GBP in profit. That's not small studio numbers.

Wow, I didn't know that. 

Then why TF can't racenet work decently?

• Agree 1

The real joke is that CodeMasters as a big comany can't even fix an issue which matters and exists since launch!

• Agree 2

When I'm about to finish my first Monthly Challenge, this happens again. Retried lots of times, and no luck.

Frustrating.

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2020.04.26 - 20.43.57.77.png

US, Xbox One S

It was working fine for about one glorious hour, and yet, here we are again. I gave up on it yesterday evening not loading properly, got hopeful this morning, but this is really getting to be unplayable. 

4F4863A4-2E6E-4E3A-9914-10BBAB9BBEBD.jpeg

• Agree 1

Extremely unstable this game has become. Days and days with connection issues! I managed to drive 1 stage of the Weekly in NZ, and then it has been hopeless to continue. 🤬 I’m on PS4. The GRID server on the other hand, has never had an issue. 🙄 Priorities, priorities... 🙄

• Agree 1

It is unfortunately not possible to play this game and again in the middle of a rally no server and again I get to my car kilometers that I have not driven it just makes me want to puke
The game is no fun anymore

No matter if 18 o'clock or 22 o'clock it is not possible to play
i think i had about 640km on the speedo and now all of a sudden i had 708km !!!!!!!!!
For every tried connection you get the kilometers added up that is a joke

Posted (edited)

for five days already !
and it doesn't matter if it's the weekend or the week !!
You can only play in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening not possible anymore

Codemasters when can I play the game ???
I didn't buy it so it would be on the shelf

Edited by gleylancer571

Posted (edited)

Halfway through 10 stage monthly Event at Argentina. All progress now lost. What a joke this is becoming! How many people is this happening to that doesn’t bother saying anything. Big fan of the game which makes it more frustrating. 
Codemasters seriously do not care about it’s customers, very very sad situation indeed. 

9D89C624-88A9-445E-B056-13039D524F77.jpeg

Edited by Trick13

Posted (edited)

Same here. Been trying to reconnect for the last 30 minutes. Frustrating when I only have 1 stage to go of the rally I was doing :classic_unsure:

edit: I should add that I try to play on Steam from Norway. The game is real fun when its working, I have 400 hours in it for a reason :classic_smile:

Edited by Rallyroymadness
  • Agree 1

I bought the Super Deluxe Edition late last year for over £90!!!!! Now I can barely play the game or get my money’s worth 🤬UTTER JOKE!!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Took 30 seconds to enter My Team; a screen with 3 boxes on it and no networked data.

Then 45 more seconds to enter the Events screen.

Then 23 seconds for a leaderboard to try and fail.

Even with forced connectivity, this implementation is Will Ferrell levels of not even mad.

Edit - Oh, and I can't start any events. Steam, Australia.

image.png.4eaf35d510f20ccdbdcca6736c240b87.png
image.thumb.png.e47eb4391d079d4f58609622f611fc34.png

Edited by XenialJ
  • Agree 1