DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

30 minutes ago, Trick13 said:

I bought the Super Deluxe Edition late last year for over £90!!!!! Now I can barely play the game or get my money’s worth 🤬UTTER JOKE!!

Same here

• Agree 2

Career mode (PC) seems to be working except car repairs! It's smashed to pieces.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Was just inching towards completing the GT Australia weekly when I went back to the main menu (not quit) from the final service area (with one stage to go), tried to load it up again and got credited with a DNF. Marvellous.

Edited by roth8588
  • Agree 1

The results system still works like sh**, it's a waste of time to practice and join club races if you get stuck in middle of a season without the possibility to leave without losing everything you have done.

Make the investment to solve the issue. This situation is a shame.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, roth8588 said:

Was just inching towards completing the GT Australia weekly when I went back to the main menu (not quit) from the final service area (with one stage to go), tried to load it up again and got credited with a DNF. Marvellous.

Same thing, I'm stuck on the last service stop, with a big chance of achieving my biggest success in a weekly event and getting to the top 70 drivers, but I can't repair the car due to server issues.

I must say, I used to defend this whole always online thing, but the game has become unplayable on the weekends. This is unacceptable.

Edit: at the end I had to drive the last stage with a damaged engine, which cost me a lot of time, because I couldn't repair the car. Marvelous. It's weird that the game sometimes lets you drive, but doesn't let you repair anything.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 2

That my career progress is destroyed with server problems between the stages bothers me a lot more than not being able to play

Posted (edited)

Be nice if the servers actually worked, I even signed up just to complain about it, Either fix the servers or stop posting new challenges for us to play that we can't actually play because of the non working servers, Absolute joke just release a freaking patch to let us download and play the events offline and only require a connection to upload times!

Bethesda games are more stable than your servers and that takes some doing to be that bad!

Edited by ghostrider135
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

So how many forum post's do you need before you feel alerted to the problem ?

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney

Hi, haven't been able to sign into anything codemasters for the past 3 weeks AT ALL.. Didn't get a single reaction in this thread either... getting rather annoyed now!!!

F1 2019 not working

Dirt Rally & Dirt Rally 2,0 not working
And it's really only Codemasters products having issues.. but all of them

Netherlands PC Steam...Error codes are in earlier posts

Lol got so annoyed I found a FIX:

If you're having connectivity issues with windows 7

Try this:

1. Use Windows Update to update Windows 7 and install the KB3140245 Security Patch.
  2. If you can't do [1]: Install Windows 7 KB3140245 Security Patch.
  3. Download MicrosoftEasyFix51044
  4. Run both and Restart

The problem is, that Windows 7 uses as standard secure protocol TLS 1.0 or SSL 2.0. I think, something was changed at the servers, that they don't accept these secure protocols anymore.

Only took me 3 weeks and 3 other fora....
But it solved the problems for all titles in one go.. F1 and Dirt both connecting now.

Would have been nice if someone kinda pointed me in that direction in the past 3 weeks.. 

Edited by MeNotMe

35 minutes ago, ghostrider135 said:

Be nice if the servers actually worked, I even signed up just to complain about it, Either fix the servers or stop posting new challenges for us to play that we can't actually play because of the non working servers, Absolute joke just release a freaking patch to let us download and play the events offline and only require a connection to upload times!

Bethesda games are more stable than your servers and that takes some doing to be that bad!

Same here. Just signed up to say that the servers are down.

Ouch from the Bethesda comment. I played 76 and that makes it all the more accurate.

• Haha 1

Lost another championship and had 12 of these in the space of 2 hours. Frustrated on Steam in Western USA

20200426153757_1.thumb.jpg.c516299e063af39157a284b87039f65a.jpg20200426154032_1.thumb.jpg.f84d22f4477c3f017902eadbcfc48163.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MeNotMe said:

@PJTierney

Hi, haven't been able to sign into anything codemasters for the past 3 weeks AT ALL.. Didn't get a single reaction in this thread either... getting rather annoyed now!!!

F1 2019 not working

Dirt Rally & Dirt Rally 2,0 not working
And it's really only Codemasters products having issues.. but all of them

Netherlands PC Steam...Error codes are in earlier posts

Lol got so annoyed I found a FIX:

If you're having connectivity issues with windows 7

Try this:

1. Use Windows Update to update Windows 7 and install the KB3140245 Security Patch.
  2. If you can't do [1]: Install Windows 7 KB3140245 Security Patch.
  3. Download MicrosoftEasyFix51044
  4. Run both and Restart

The problem is, that Windows 7 uses as standard secure protocol TLS 1.0 or SSL 2.0. I think, something was changed at the servers, that they don't accept these secure protocols anymore.

Only took me 3 weeks and 3 other fora....
But it solved the problems for all titles in one go.. F1 and Dirt both connecting now.

Would have been nice if someone kinda pointed me in that direction in the past 3 weeks.. 

The Win7 fix was shared on the forums before, but I'll pin a link to the top of this thread now to make it easier to find. Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding last night, there was another PSN outage, which had the side effect of tripping up DR2 connectivity.

I've asked if that has any knock-on effects for other platforms, considering Steam and Xbox people were posting in this thread.

Sorry I don't have any more concrete info right now, I share your frustration in these connectivity issues 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Regarding last night, there was another PSN outage, which had the side effect of tripping up DR2 connectivity.

I've asked if that has any knock-on effects for other platforms, considering Steam and Xbox people were posting in this thread.

Sorry I don't have any more concrete info right now, I share your frustration in these connectivity issues 😞 

Why no one look and taking action on DLC problems? Why nobody take this problem to Codemasters developers for almost 1 year? 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

You know what's even more frustrating?
When between the stages the connection breaks down my Audi Group B and Subaru Impreza suddenly had 1000 kilometers on the speedometer...........
And yesterday also with my Peugeot 205 GTI which had 620km on the speedo and after the server problem 708km that's something that frustrates me.

Is it possible to reverse this so that the correct mileage is displayed

Edited by gleylancer571

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Why would PSN affect PC and Xbox? Its like steam having issues and people wouldnt be able to play on PS or Xbox...

19 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Why would PSN affect PC and Xbox? Its like steam having issues and people wouldnt be able to play on PS or Xbox...

I'm just spitballin' here, trying to get to the bottom of this. Network stuff is complicated and intertwined.

Back 3 weeks ago when we had the big outage, that took the game down on all platforms due to the massive influx of PS4 players coming in (different scenario to this, but you can see how an event on one platform affects the others).

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm just spitballin' here, trying to get to the bottom of this. Network stuff is complicated and intertwined.

Back 3 weeks ago when we had the big outage, that took the game down on all platforms due to the massive influx of PS4 players coming in (different scenario to this, but you can see how an event on one platform affects the others).

Of course the network can get on its knees if a lot of people playing at the same time but if PSN goes down it should not affect racenet (well maybe in a "positive" way since less people join on playstation and put less load on your servers), its two completely different things. 

Edited by somethingthing

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney you are mentioning only bigger outages. Can't you see that those problems appears constantly every day? Yet don't know you do it with intention.
Could you comment on constant, repeatable ever-day problems with connectivity?

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Oh here we go again, it’s after 1pm BST!! All people around the world are getting to free trial the game so those of us who have actually bought the game with hard earned cash have to suffer!!  Bork Bork and more effing Bork!! 

08366FCC-D98C-447E-B629-395D31F7A445.jpeg

28 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

@PJTierney you are mentioning only bigger outages. Can't you see that those problems appears constantly every day?

Yes.

27 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Could you comment on constant, repeatable ever-day problems with connectivity?

Not in any great detail I'm afraid.

Posted (edited)

It needs to be clear that the outages are only 50% of the problem. If it was just Racenet failing it wouldn't be so bad.

But the other 50% of the problem is the stupid design that someone at CM greenlit: to nuke a player's progress every time there's a connectivity issue.

If you guys are going to implement forced-online again, put at least some effort or budget into making it not a player-hostile pain in the arse.

Even the network delays between menus - some of which don't even contain networked data - are just bad design that any big company should be embarrassed by. It even has to phone back to Racenet each time you only want to view another 15-ish leaderboard results, for Christ's sake. How did someone design, implement, and demonstrate this to the team without feeling a bit awkward? How did downloading the leaderboards in such small pieces reduce the workload at all compared to downloading sensible amounts of it at a time? 

It's almost as if there was some kind of early recognition of a need to shave off every ounce of network traffic to minimise server load at every possible moment ... 

Edited by XenialJ
  • Agree 3

@PJTierney

Can you please ask if I can keep my original mileage?
Due to server failures between the stages, I have much more kilometers than I actually rode.