DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

@PJTierney

Can you please ask if I can keep my original mileage?
Due to server failures between the stages, I have much more kilometers than I actually rode.

Hello there! We (a total of ~10 players, PC and PS4 alike) are getting connectivity issues during "busy hours" (evening hours UTC time). Numerous connection errors when trying to access our club championships, or when we continue to the next stage. On the weekends evenings - literally impossible to even start a stage. Tried yesterday for about 10 retries, before I finally gave up. I own a Steam version of the game. Game seems to work fine during earlier parts of the day (too bad we have to work...)

Posted (edited)

And once again the server !!
The Sixth day in a row no server connection
99.9% of the time I have no server connection between the stages

Edited by gleylancer571

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

@PJTierney

Can you please ask if I can keep my original mileage?
Due to server failures between the stages, I have much more kilometers than I actually rode.

I'll ask, no guarantee anything will change though, we typically don't do changes like this to a player's profile (assuming they're editable in the first place).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I'll ask, no guarantee anything will change though, we typically don't do changes like this to a player's profile (assuming they're editable in the first place). 

If the server changes my profile data only because it cannot establish a connection, I expect my original data
and I had this at a weekly event three times already !
And three times no connection could be made after that my cars had 1000 kilometers on the speedometer, as if by magic

Edited by gleylancer571

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'm just spitballin' here, trying to get to the bottom of this. Network stuff is complicated and intertwined.

It is. However, a Playstation Network issue shouldn't have consequences for your own servers and systems. Unless you use it to host all your stuff. Which I find highly unlikely.

It's a very telling "coincidence", that when countries started quarantines, some were in lockdown etc. and playerbases grew, that the RaceNet errors started occur more frequently. And the more countries that put in measures, and the bigger playerbases became, the more issues RaceNet had.
It's not like this started when you guys gave it away for free on PS. It just became even worse when that happened. This all started pre, medio-March. It's been going on to a varying degree for just over six(6) weeks.
The fact that you(Codemasters, not you PJTierney!) still haven't been able to fix this, or seemingly doing much more than "monitoring".
For a customer, this looks like the game is finished, not much more money to get out of the game, and thus putting just a minimum of effort in to it as well. Sorry to say but this is an awful way to handle business, and it will cause a decline in goodwill from customers, and it will likely cause people to be fed up from issues in future games much quicker as well.

I am amazed that a company of Codemasters size, and years in the business are having problems like this, over such time with so little actual communication to customers. It doesn't even feel like anything are being done.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

@Myrvold

My thoughts exactly. Maybe they don't think it would be worth to fix the game at this point. However, I'd be more than happy to buy all the DLCs, because I love what I have experienced with the base game content. If only the game was playable in the evening EU hours I would do it right away. 

• Agree 1

PS4 REGION BELGIUM/EUROPE

ERROR CODE 2bd3b7240787e69-3a311d18-0-2

really love the game and want to buy all seasons but if I can’t connect...

Netherlands here. Since PS+ gamers joined connectivity was horrible and lot of errors occurred. Yesterday evening however was the first in a while where not a single error happened. Hopefully tonight will be the same!

Here we go again, just another day in paradise or is it a bad dream?! Start Dirt Rally, Get halfway through weekly/monthly challenge, server breaks down, get DNF. Repeeeeeeeeeeeeeat, “Itttttttttttts Groundhog Day”

8B6B66C0-B34B-4E4A-A896-8155224ADF18.jpeg

22 hours ago, Myrvold said:

Sorry to say but this is an awful way to handle business, and it will cause a decline in goodwill from customers, and it will likely cause people to be fed up from issues in future games much quicker as well.

I am amazed that a company of Codemasters size, and years in the business are having problems like this, over such time with so little actual communication to customers. It doesn't even feel like anything are being done.

This I agree with 100% Iv'e been gaming since the early 90s when Codemasters made some of the best games that worked right straight out of the box, The past few years Iv'e really gone off Codemasters as a company and all these constant server issues solidify my feeling about them which is a real shame, I honestly don't have anything nice to say about them at the minute because its just disappointment after disappointment at this point.

Come on guys of CM. You must be more serious. There is a big problem. Enough. 

PS4, can't play My Team at all, keep getting connection errors. Can't even check the rankings from dailies and weeklies, the game is not even trying to load them.

This is pathetic. Something needs to be done.

@PJTierney can we get an update on what's happening behind the scenes please? playing anything careerrelated after working hours is neigh impossible... and to see the social media accounts promoting this game whilst this is going on is just a slap in the face...

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Stig Lennart said:

@PJTierney can we get an update on what's happening behind the scenes please? 

I asked yesterday as although concurrent user charts don't show any prolonged spikes, people are still reporting things (albeit nothing compared to the 1,000+ comments per day [no exaggeration] I was getting between April 8 and 10), essentially proposing the question on whether a drop in users on the chart is the only way to see data, or if there's data on people failing to connect to specific areas of the game, extra wait times etc..

If and when I get an update that I can share, I do so. Server issues are the thing I like least about the game (just like all of you), but in reality I'm just the messenger; I take all of the disappointment (and sometimes hate) that comes in, relay what I can and then provide an update when possible. I can't do much else.

• Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I asked yesterday as although concurrent user charts don't show any spikes, people are still reporting things (albeit nothing compared to the 1,000+ comments per day [no exaggeration] I was getting between April 8 and 10), essentially proposing the question on whether a drop in users on the chart is the only way to see data, or if there's data on people failing to connect to specific areas of the game, extra wait times etc..

If and when I get an update that I can share, I do so. Server issues are the thing I like least about the game (just like all of you), but in reality I'm just the messenger; I take all of the disappointment (and sometimes hate) that comes in, relay what I can and then provide an update when possible. I can't do much else. 

We know, and thank you for your efforts, it can be seen that you do your best and that you care about the game as much as we do. The developers and the publisher must understand how important the issue is, it's putting people off the otherwise brilliant game, if it's not addressed promptly and appropriately it will have a very big impact on CM's reputation and the Dirt franchise.

I could understand that there were problems when the game launched on PS Plus. But then it became impossible to play on the weekends. Now it's Tuesday evening and the problem persists.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I asked yesterday as although concurrent user charts don't show any prolonged spikes, people are still reporting things (albeit nothing compared to the 1,000+ comments per day [no exaggeration] I was getting between April 8 and 10), essentially proposing the question on whether a drop in users on the chart is the only way to see data, or if there's data on people failing to connect to specific areas of the game, extra wait times etc..

I know you're just the messenger and you're a player and I also appreciate someone coming forward

Maybe the guys who are actually responsible for something, who can't pass the buck or claim ignorance, should come to the forum (or Twitter or something where they actually communicate with players) sometime for some Q&A, instead of hiding behind a community dude.

The complete absence of any accountability or responsibility is just mind-boggling.

• Agree 3

Unbelievably slow loading times this evening & countless error messages. Trying to do the Solberg World Cup & the errors are infuriating.

ireland, PS4 

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

So basically we just have to wait until enough players fall off and doesn't bother with the game anymore? I also expect that the techy guys look at attempts to connect or something like that. Not going off user charts (if xBox and PS4 has anything similar to Steam), as people will be registered as in the game while not being able to connect to your services.
I also realize this is about as basic as "restart your computer", but I must admit I've lost complete faith in Codemasters being able to/bothering to fix this. It does seem like the only hope is that some big name (e.g a Solberg or similar) gets issues during the Solberg Cup. Or a big youtuber/twitcher the same. Or even if you guys are doing another eSport type event and issues happens then. If none of this happens I honestly don't see this being enough of a priority, when nothing have changed in 6+ weeks.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Myrvold said:

So basically we just have to wait until enough players fall off and doesn't bother with the game anymore?

I also expect that the techy guys look at attempts to connect or something like that.

That's not what I stated.

The only graph I see is the concurrent users, as it helps correlate a spike in forum/social comments with what's actually happening. Given the myriad of data sources and server call types a game like this would have, I imagine there are far more detailed logs elsewhere. It's not my job to look at those, only to trust the word of those that do 🙂 

20 minutes ago, Myrvold said:

I've lost complete faith in Codemasters being able to/bothering to fix this

I'd love to be able to turn around one day and say something along the line of "the team has found what causes these things and has issued a conclusive fix" (somewhat like when we said that native Oculus VR support was finally coming to the Steam version), but until that day comes there's not a whole lot I can do really. Server instabilities happen, sometimes total outages, and I pass the word on in both directions.

Maybe I'm not accurately reporting them, not reporting frequently enough, or haven't come up with an effective way for you all to give more conclusive feedback, I don't know. Or maybe I'm not coming up with an effective system for communicating things in the other direction. The reality of the matter is that I don't really know what to say to make things better for you guys, maybe I can't, maybe it's not up to me.

Ideally I want you all to never have the need to post in this thread again, for you all to be happily playing away without things interrupting your progress. Hopefully that day comes in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1