DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

1 hour ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

just tell us if it won't happen!

Some server updates happened this week actually, to help speed up connection requests and so-on.

I'll share what I can on those when the time comes but hopefully performance has already improved this week.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Netherlands, no issue here either, let's hope our prayers are finally answered 😄

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Some server updates happened this week actually, to help speed up connection requests and so-on.

I'll share what I can on those when the time comes but hopefully performance has already improved this week.

I was just showing up to say has seemed a lot better yesterday and today here in the US on Steam, glad to see a post confirming it's not just my imagination!

• Like 1

Hopefully good all weekend for you guys 🙂 

I just streamed my Solberg World Cup run and had zero issues during what is near enough peak European time.

• Agree 1

It looks way better now, but I reserve the right to be skeptical of the long-term effect as there is a certain RX Invitational this weekend. If it keeps working superb for a while after, then I'll be very happy! 🙂

And yes, I know this seems somewhat ungrateful, but man this have been going on for a long long time!

The servers have really improved now! But last time when it went on PS plus the fix made it good for a couple of days and then it was back to retrying again. Lets hope it will keep being this good!

Posted (edited)

Just as bad as ever for me, minutes per server call, then this. Would really love to be able to jump in and play this game but with servers this bad I lose the mood to fight with your servers half the time 😞

US, West Coast, Steam

Edit: Bought two upgrade, then same error code after waiting another minute for the UI to hopefully update. This is very very very very frustrating. Would have loved to take part in the competition......

image.png

Edited by patole

12 minutes ago, patole said:

Just as bad as ever for me, minutes per server call, then this. Would really love to be able to jump in and play this game but with servers this bad I lose the mood to fight with your servers half the time 😞

US, West Coast, Steam

Edit: Bought two upgrade, then same error code after waiting another minute for the UI to hopefully update. This is very very very very frustrating. Would have loved to take part in the competition......

image.png

Hows your connection in general? I just tried and it was loading very quick on my end. 😕

13 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Hows your connection in general? I just tried and it was loading very quick on my end. 😕

Very good for everything but Codemaster's servers. Logging on here even took a while and a few attempts...

image.png.fb462f82903ece646ea046cfea23af11.png

Hello, I have the following problem with Dirt 2.0 PS 4. With the online game RX I do not get into all sessions. Then he writes to me that no connection to the server is possible. I can easily get into others and play online. It always works for my French friends and when I want to play with friends from Germany it never works and I couldn't write to the servers. Is that ahead? even if the friends invite me it doesn't work. I can hear them at a party but I can't play.

Thank you very much for your help

9 hours ago, KevinPeters110 said:

Hello, I have the following problem with Dirt 2.0 PS 4. With the online game RX I do not get into all sessions. Then he writes to me that no connection to the server is possible. I can easily get into others and play online. It always works for my French friends and when I want to play with friends from Germany it never works and I couldn't write to the servers. Is that ahead? even if the friends invite me it doesn't work. I can hear them at a party but I can't play.

Thank you very much for your help

Have you checked your NAT settings?

Posted (edited)

I've been experiencing this problem for weeks now. I wait for leaderboards to load because I've even had instances where it doesn't post my standings. I was forced to a DNF for a stage I definitely finished because it didn't write. So my current procedure to doing my weekly club races is to do a stage - wait for the leaderboards to load - then move on to the next stage. All the while receiving failure messages 2-3 times before a successful attempt. I suspect these problems are also plaguing the WRX eSports thing that they're doing too because we see a lot of disconnected drivers before races. This is happening on a fully updated Windows 10 computer. This is the only game I have problems with. I opened all ports as per a guide I found and it did not change the behavior of the game at all. If I am streaming at the same time my stream works fine but the game won't connect.

Edited by Creegz
Additional information.

Lost my progress, reinstalled and updated Oculus and still no access to the server...

Who runs your technical team? 

Just wondering whether any of them considered that there might just be a batch of players competing in the monthly challenges before the deadline for these expire for this month, only to have disconnect issues due to the new update that’s been forced! Don’t misunderstand this. We are eager for the update and the notion that it could improve the quality of the service but we’re scratching our heads at the timing of the forced disconnect for said update. Do you even consider your own schedules? 

This is a low hanging fruit to get right and ease the tensions amongst your customer base! 

• Agree 2

update completed, no change, no connection to the server, progress lost only credits are good...what's going on?

it has gotten alot better since the weekend, yesterday night server was flawless! i really hope it stays this way. 

PS4, Brazil

in the middle of the IA monthly event
I can load the ranking just fine, but I can't progress on the event 

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-09 at 01.32.06.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I was doing the H1 weekly, and after the 2nd stage, I was in 98th with 1m:00s event time to the leader. Then, during the 3rd stage, had a close encounter with a tree but didn't reset the car, and manually proceeded to finish the stage, but ended up colliding with the finish line objects which left the car stopped outside the track after pushing them. Didn't get any terminal damage message, so I had a regular stage finished screen with the car teleported to time control.

To my surprise, I was suddenly in >10000th place in the following leaderboard screen with an unexplainable 30m+ gap to leader (I guess it should have added at most 15m for an abandoned stage). After pressing continue, I was greeted with a "CONNECTION FAILED", "The server is not available. Please try again later". screen, error 3e3ed13ad0d25b5-cd3417a4-0-0, from where "Retry" wouldn't let me advance, so I had to select the only other option which was to go back to menu (this time there wasn't any warning about progression loss). Going back to events menu, connection was trouble-free, and then after resuming the event, I'm directly at the 6th stage with DNF results for 3rd,4th,5th stages and a 31m:41s to leader gap in ~9900th. *sigh*

Edited by AlleyViper

Posted (edited)

I'm encountering constant server connectivity issues, in west-coast Canada.

The times it takes between changing every screen in the game menu due to connecting to CM servers is utterly egregious and practically unbearable. It certainly reduces my willingness to remain in the game and continue playing it. And I regularly see connection lost messages while changing details of my team, while trying to load a single-player race, after finishing a race (thankfully there's at least the "retry" button there), and everywhere else. And when that message occurs in the menus, it boots me back to the main menu and I have to roll the dice all over again trying to walk through the menus and change the things I was working on changing when the last connectivity failure occurred.

Tying this game so badly to online servers was a very dumb and selfish idea, CodeMasters. It shows that you don't respect the people who purchase your products and that you couldn't care less about their experience. You just want to prevent them from feeling like they're in control of their purchased product.

You're releasing very mediocre games that are severely hamstrung by artificial issues because you greedily want to control people's owned games after they purchase them. If WRC 8 had released on Steam already, and if DR2 hadn't been available at a hugely discounted price, I would never have bothered with DR2. And given how poorly you're treating your customers, I don't think that other people should, either.

Edited by Delicieuxz
  • Agree 1

Today I was put as a DNF in one of my weekly club races because the game did not track what I had done and instead sent me to the main menu and marked that I quit the stage after it refused to connect more than 5 times in a row after completing the stage. When I tried to play my single player championships I was sent back to the title screen after one stage. These server problems are rendering the game unplayable. This needs to be resolved. I have two clubs that I cannot submit times for. I spend too much time waiting between rounds to hopefully get it to reconnect and let me progress through the events. These issues are absolutely affecting my purchase of Dirt 5, and I guarantee it is affecting others as well. The colossal problems that F1 2019 had have pushed me away from that product and I will not be buying F1 2020 as a result.

Posted (edited)

Hi. I cannot log in either. I Never have. If there's something anyone can do to help, please do. On steam. I'd like to play the game I bought.

Edit - windows 10. Should I try the win7 fix anyway?

Edited by TZC

More information regarding this issue - I have friends on the eastern side of North America (Ontario, Quebec, Massachusetts, New Jersey) who are not experiencing this issue but last night in F1 2019 myself and another driver got disconnected from the game. We also have been experiencing the same Dirt Rally 2.0 issues. Is this a west coast issue in North America?

unable to connect to server 

Plz fix codies

platform : steam20200516_112201.thumb.jpg.c255b23da964c76748bfc40238f790c7.jpg