DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Hi all, Chris here from the Community Team 🙂

Quick update to say that we're seeing some possible progress with the current situation. Active users is steadily rising. 

If anyone here does try to jump in, please let us know how you get on here, so we have more info to work on. Thank you 🙂

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi all, Chris here from the Community Team 🙂

Quick update to say that we're seeing some possible progress with the current situation. Active users is steadily rising. 

If anyone here does try to jump in, please let us know how you get on here, so we have more info to work on. Thank you 🙂

Nope

20200407220952_1.thumb.jpg.233f4d3179cba0b3f87331c39ff7573f.jpg

Steam, Finland (which btw does not have zero visibility fog on clear dry summer daytime as in DR2.0)

Edited by HoksuHoo

Hi. I got in a Club championship about 45 minutes ago. Could do 3 stages with some 'Retry' hitting after connection issues, but it worked. Then, about a half hour ago, the game crashed. Can't get back in now, no matter how many times I try.

Club championship round is expired now... So DNF while I was leading it by 1m20 with 2 stages to go 😞

PC / Steam / The Netherlands

Server is not available. Region: Belarus Platform: PC ( Steam ) Event: Career

Posted (edited)

Made my way in almost..got the rewards and my credits came back...

Still very slow.. 

I cant get in the career mode🤔

Edit:

Finland and PS4

Edited by IygVanDyk
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, IygVanDyk said:

Made my way in almost..got the rewards and my credits came back...

Still very slow.. 

I cant get in the career mode🤔

Edit:

Finland and PS4 

Same here

Norway and PS4. My credits are gone, and very unstable connection. ☹️

Unbelievable Jeff!!  There was some brilliant daily’s available today that I was really looking forward to doing, including some extra daily’s with promo and bonus content. Any news on when this issue will be resolved. Thanks

4 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

How ironically, this thread has been created a day ago by @PJTierney 😉

..and this was posted 2-3 hours before the servers went down

9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

With many new players coming in thanks to PlayStation, the dev team have added a bunch of Bonus Events so that everybody can sample the DLC content 🙂 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

How ironically, this thread has been created a day ago by @PJTierney 😉

We knew a lot of players would be playing today, and if there were any server issues (which it appears there have been), then having the discussion and reports in a centralised location (rather than dozens of threads) makes it easier to report internally 👍🏻

When you monitor upwards of 1,000 messages a day (and often more than that) across forums/social it's nice to have them organised sometimes 😉 

• Agree 1

It'd be nice to actually try out the career mode but I don't think that'll be happening. First Codemasters game and I think the last for me. This is certainly not a good look.

Error Code: 2147aea54294e9-16c74047-55-58 (note this error code keeps changing)

System: Playstation 4

Area: North America

• Like 1

And this

On 4/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, PJTierney said:

Although we have systems in place to detect the rare times server connectivity is dropping

So rare it takes mere hours from posting that for their servers to kick the bucket.

Maybe, just maybe, Codemasters could stop being in denial about their servers being shockingly unstable and unreliable?

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

And this

So rare it takes mere hours from posting that for their servers to kick the bucket.

Maybe, just maybe, Codemasters could stop being in denial about their servers being shockingly unstable and unreliable?

You forgot the bit where it's not rare at all, it's been like this every evening (for a couple hours) for the last couple of weeks now 😂

But, just give them some time, at least they're finally looking into their server issues 😉

Edited by doeternitoeV10
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Yea that was kind of like my point that it's the opposite of rare. And has been for a long time

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trick13 said:

Unbelievable Jeff!!  There was some brilliant daily’s available today that I was really looking forward to doing, including some extra daily’s with promo and bonus content. Any news on when this issue will be resolved. Thanks

Lots of work going on from multiple departments. Numbers-wise we're still seeing improvements and stabilisation but there's clearly more to be done. 

22 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

Norway and PS4. My credits are gone, and very unstable connection. ☹️

On the topic of Credits - anecdotally we're seeing that once you can re-connect fully, your Credits return. On my side my Credits were breifly at zero, but once I was briefly able to connect, that hard-earned moolah was back. Chasing confirmation that this is the same for all players 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

We knew a lot of players would be playing today, and if there were any server issues

Considering how overloaded (aka slow) your servers are recent days, it's not surprised they dropped on knees with additional demand.
It's good you are monitoring them live but prevention against the outage would be appreciated more.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

On the topic of Credits - anecdotally we're seeing that once you can re-connect fully, your Credits return. On my side my Credits were breifly at zero, but once I was briefly able to connect, that hard-earned moolah was back. Chasing confirmation that this is the same for all players

Yea, i got back credits👍

• Like 1

Vous dites que ça fonctionne de mieux en mieux, plus de connexion depuis 16:00 et à l'instant il m'indique encore un problème de connexion 

Posted (edited)

Still nothing on xbox

The Netherlands 

1586291219785686189978.jpg

Edited by NelensDnB

Unable to connect for 6 hours, western US. Credits come and go.. gameplay.. zero.

• Like 1