DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Appreciate the feedback, all, and apologies for the inconvenience. We have teams working all evening on a solution and will keep at it. We're seeing progress. Thanks again 👍

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

One of the new users here, after taking a lifetime to download & install, I get an instant error on trying to start career mode.

Region: Ireland Console: PS4

2DC1EFBC-DBD9-4539-8183-AD4FD92B4811.thumb.jpeg.828e9baefaa684b53782162c9a1ee989.jpeg

18 minutes ago, GupDouglas said:

Unable to connect for 6 hours, western US. Credits come and go.. gameplay.. zero.

Confirmed: players will not lose Credits due to the current situation. If your Credits show as 0, it's a temporary error caused by the connection. Your Credits return when connected 🙂

Connection Failed.
The server is not available. Please try again later.
Error Code: e4669c75-58-58
Platform: PC - Steam
Region: Belgium

Same here, Connection failed, steam, USA. Please fix! I play pretty much everyday, this is the first time this has ever happeded to me! 😞

Ps4, Brazil, server down... I was very excited to get this game on ps plus... Now not so much anymore, especially after reading this forum...

15862952188796344531988758687440.jpg

Frankly the servers have had way too many outages and resolution times way too long since I started playing on July 2019.

In particular if the servers go down on the weekend, which happens about once a month, the servers will not come up until Monday at the earliest.

In the last 4 weeks we have had 4 outages now.

On Twitch a meme developed to describe a situation where Racenet caused a DNF on a club or caused an online lobby to fall apart: people say "I got Racenetted".

Twitch Streamers want Racenet to work well and we feel we are often in damage control when our viewers are reacting to Racenet problems. 

Please don't just make the servers work again, please build some robustness into the servers.

• Agree 4

Du blabla, mais toujours pas de connexion au serveur Codemaster prend vraiment tous les joueurs pour des imbéciles..... Il suffit d'utiliser des serveurs suffisamment puissant pour résoudre les problÚmes, j'ai joué à Rallyesim pendant des années avec des moyens d'une ASBL ils faisaient mieux que vous avec vos millions de dollars.
Montrez un peu de respect vis à vis des gens qui vous font vivre et résolvez définitivement ces problÚmes intempestif de connexion....

54 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

ApprĂ©ciez les commentaires, tous et les excuses pour la gĂȘne occasionnĂ©e. Nous avons des Ă©quipes qui travaillent toute la soirĂ©e sur une solution et nous y tiendrons. Nous constatons des progrĂšs. Merci encore  👍

Du blabla, mais toujours pas de connexion au serveur Codemaster prend vraiment tous les joueurs pour des imbéciles ..... Il suffit d'utiliser des serveurs suffisamment puissants pour résoudre les problÚmes, j'ai joué à Rallyesim pendant des années avec des moyens d'une ASBL ils étaient mieux que vous avec vos millions de dollars.
Montrez un peu de respect vis-à-vis des gens qui vous font vivre et résolvez définitivement ces problÚmes intempestifs de connexion ....

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Alot of Connection Issues...  *** Error: 11fc52f12b6720b-70f4b6d0-58-58

Guess i'll go Forza or something else.. due to i can't play dirt 2.0

Thanks CM

Edited by EvoNeiko

Thank you for your patience on the connectivity issues we're seeing right now. Latest update for you:

- Progress is being made and we're seeing the majority of players connect to servers

- If your account is showing as having 0 Credits, these are not lost and will appear when you next connect to the server

- We're still working hard and will keep you updated on DiRT channels 

Thanks again 🙂

7 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

- Progress is being made and we're seeing the majority of players connect to servers 

Stop lying. "majority"...
All these disgusting PR-lies always.

You acting like there are just a small number of people who can't connect.
The server on xbox one in europe is down! Completely!

I lost out on 2 club rallies, one of them is very important to me.
And now the complete championship is ruined.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thank you for your patience on the connectivity issues we're seeing right now. Latest update for you:

- If your account is showing as having 0 Credits, these are not lost and will appear when you next connect to the server

Thanks again 🙂

It worked for 10 min in the Netherlands but it's down again. My career is being reset due to a difference between local files and the server. Is that coming back?

Edited by NelensDnB

Posted (edited)

PS+ players will love this game 😄 The bad thing is I can't play too. Hmmm...

2 minutes ago, NelensDnB said:

It workedfor 10 min but it's down again. My career is being reset due to a difference between local files and the server. Is that coming back?

Probably not. I tried career few times in last year and lost it three times. Never tried it again 😄

Edited by Johnnnn

3 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

PS+ players will love this game 😄 The bad thing is I can't play too. Hmmm...

Probably not. I tried career few times in last year and lost it three times. Never tried it again 😄

Damn... I was finally winning for once

Update:

Connected long enough to collect rewards.

Another time it said "failed to download challenge"

â˜źïž

4 minutes ago, NelensDnB said:

Damn... I was finally winning for once

Yeah, it's broken design but after PS+ action they will have many new haters 😄 I don't care too much, it's broken but I can play time trial if I need or custom champs.

Posted (edited)

Xbox One X

Version 1.13.0

Standard Xbox One controller

Central US location

Gigabit internet connection

Connectivity issues are making the game nearly unplayable. For me, it's affecting everything in "my team". I either get various connection errors or it just takes forever to do anything that requires server communication. Even if you are seeing most players connect, are you seeing how long it takes them to connect, the time to process requests/updates on the servers and how many attempts/retries it is taking for this connection to happen? For example, if you're counting me as a user that is able to connect, then enough metrics are not being considered to judge whether you are delivering a pleasant experience to your users.

Update: It's working great again Codemasters! Thanks to the entire IT team for your hard work. It's even faster than it has ever been for me.

2nd Update: It's back to being slow again.

21 April 2020: The RaceNet server communication issues continue and are making it very difficult to enjoy the game. These issues go back to at least 07 April 2020.

Edited by FlatOverCrest
Update
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

What's annoying is saying majority of people are online,  It's not working for anybody lol. 

Way to make a first impression on all the possible dlc customers from psn+.

Edited by x7eight

57 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks again 🙂

Would be nice to receive some free credits because of this inconvenience especially to those who pay full price for a game on day 1 of release and experience faults like this all the time! Would be nice to have some compensation for it! 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Regular server outages and two championships lost in the last two weeks. Playing o20200407155215_1.thumb.jpg.f8ff40e94f637b92dc77a5a2a24fd7e6.jpgn Steam in CA, 20200407154826_1.thumb.jpg.e0d2935dc179145caffd0bd5700cca39.jpg USA

4 minutes ago, COOKIES16v said:

Would be nice to receive some free credits because of this inconvenience especially to those who pay full price for a game on day 1 of release and experience faults like this all the time! Would be nice to have some compensation for it! 

If they put a single free credit on my account without asking me, I will explode of anger!
I don't want free credits!

• Agree 1

I might lost all my progression in solo due to the server connection lost , is there a way to recover it? The game found a difference between my local data and the server data. 

Platform : Steam/PC

Region : Canada

Time : 19h, 2020-04-07