F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

Managed to get a half hour of gameplay done after 2 days of nothing before the servers **** their pants again. I’ve only owned the game for 2 days! 
how many posts on this thread are required before some progress is made by Codemasters to rectify what seems to be major issues?!

• Agree 1

This has been ongoing for me since yesterday - Steam account - PC.

Its kinda a shame that paying customers, who have bought the game, bought DLC and purchased all 4 season passes are not given priority server access over those who have got access to the game for free.

• Disagree 1

Extremely slow server response.  USA Midwest region.  Been kicked off a few times.  PS4 free game and I finally convinced my buddy to get it, and he can't play or join with me.  Too bad.

Posted (edited)

I am Playing on a PS4 Console, In The United States in Utah. This is the only Game I have experienced this connection issue with. I just spent a fat stack of money on DLCs for The Game and Feel like I'm getting ripped off. 

15863526890715965820348276772446.jpg

Edited by KylePoppleton

Bonjour depuis hier soir seulement , dès que je me connecte sur les serveurs en ligne , impossible de me connecter ( championnat perso ) 

Hello since yesterday evening only, as soon as I connect on the servers online, impossible to connect (personal championship)

20200408152422_1.thumb.jpg.7e60f7abb286315dd1edb67839ce9c0f.jpg

7 minutes ago, BillXYZ123 said:

This has been ongoing for me since yesterday - Steam account - PC.

Its kinda a shame that paying customers, who have bought the game, bought DLC and purchased all 4 season passes are not given priority server access over those who have got access to the game for free.

This has nothing to do with 'priority server access', it's about the servers working properly for EVERYONE.

• Agree 3

Server connectivity issues again..

Latest: Things are generally looking stable now, though still a few players here and there having trouble connecting. The majority are getting in though.

• Confused 2
  • Disagree 10

I am also experiencing a connectivity issue

Platform: Windows

Region: South East Asia

Hope to get a fix soon

Posted (edited)

Will this ever be sorted out for the long term? All I see is "we're monitoring it" and yes across time one expects activity to go down and things to become stable.

Why can other games have stable mp matches and DiRT can't even do stable singleplayer campaigns. This always online poop continues to be an obstacle.

Edited by chukonu
  • Agree 2

Second day with problems. You play one stage, you wait for a half hour to connect and then he said DNF. Half hour for one stage? 

• Like 1

OMG two days in a row, same ____... R u guys kidding us? Well, just in case u didnt know, its NOT funny at all.

• Agree 1

Somehow i doubt that it works for most people now.

As for me, nothing works in My Team; Events, Garage, Staff, everything results in errors or time outs. Platform: PC, Region: Switzerland

For gods sake, please remove this stupid online requirement for career mode. If you are concerned about cheating in leaderboards, which is your official reasoning for this, let us create profiles that don't require constant online connection and don't show up in leader boards, and don't allow a switch back to online. It's a huge pain in the ass and i guess the vast majority of players isn't interested in competitive loaderboard racing anyway. The way you do it now slows downs the menus to a snails pace or even prevents the game from working at all, all that for no benefit whatsoever for the vast majority of players.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

45 min that I finished my solo race and still this error message .... I flood re-try it does not work, problem is not solved !!!

• Like 1

Took 45 minutes to finish a 4 stage rally due to service not being available, probably lost all progress too.
F this I'm going for a refund even though I've exceeded the 2 hours, most of it has been complete BS.

Lol, even the picture upload on this forum fails and had to retry...

dr2.png

Second stage, 25 minutes to connect,DNF again. I'm tired.