DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Any major issues (ie: ones affecting the majority of players) will be posted about on Twitter @dirtgame.

If you're not seeing anything there, then any issue you have is likely isolated to you and/or a very small number of players.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

21 minutes ago, Sint78 said:

You're joking right? I think you do a very good job as community manager, and my love for the game is big.....but this almost feels like an insult....

I have access to more data than what you are reading on the forums.

Bear in mind that if somebody's not having an issue, they're not posting (because they're playing the game).

Side-note, no further updates from my previous post.

2 days connections issues from Estonia! 2 Days! I have a feeling that you need more competent operations teams there!

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Bear in mind that if somebody's not having an issue, they're not posting (because they're playing the game).

I can´t believe that anyone is playing the full content - may be the offline-part. But who want´s this?? You wanted us to be always online - now we see for what it is good!

Edited by Flens07

On 4/6/2020 at 2:21 PM, PJTierney said:

DR2_Subaru_WRX_NR4-(2).JPG

Hello everyone.

This is a quick overview of the parts of DiRT Rally 2.0 that require online server connectivity to function.

An online connection is required for the following parts of the game:

• My Team - Taking part in Events.
  • My Team - Completing Events and submitting times to Leaderboards.
  • My Team - Updating Garage contents. 
  • My Team - Upgrading Staff abilities.
  • Custom - Creating Multiplayer Championships
  • Custom - Finding and joining Multiplayer Championships
  • Custom - Submitting times to Leaderboards in Time Trial
  • Custom - Accessing and taking part in Club Events

You do not need an online connection for the following game modes*:

• Colin McRae Scenarios
  • Historic Championships
  • FIA World Rallycross Championship
  • Free Roam
  • Custom - Creating and playing in single-player Championships

If you experience server connectivity issues, and they persist after a short amount of time (and retrying doesn't work), the best way to let us know is through the following:

• Posting in this thread - Make sure you post what platform and region you are playing on too, as well as what part of the game you were trying to access at the time.

• Tweet to @dirtgame - As above, specify what platform/region you are a part of and what part of the game you were playing.

• Email custservice@codemasters.com - As above, the more info you provide the better. Screenshots are also useful.

Although we have systems in place to detect the rare times server connectivity is dropping, making us aware directly is also helpful in ensuring everybody can get back to playing the full set of game features as soon as possible. 

Please note that server connectivity is tied into platform connectivity, so make sure to check if Steam, Xbox Live and PlayStation Network services are up and running also.

* The game will still attempt to connect in order to upload times to Leaderboards, however you can continue to play in these parts of the game regardless.

Plataform: PS4  Region: Portugal  Trying to acess events, even reset all of my RaceNet progress to see if it loaded, nothing. Lost all my credits, all my progress and nothing. Fix your game!

15863638770611299005058.jpg

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Sorry, but it never started working for me yet even though i didn't do any repeat posts, the time i was playing earlier today i was only doing historical because career and competitive isn't working, leaderboards in historical was barely intermittently working at best, Steam user in Australia.
Latest error still:

2020-04-09.png.76705e75b3ba1b8d5e7d3e4b5feddf28.png

Posted (edited)

Yeah the people that are complaining are a part of a unlucky few. The same way as issues with racenet are...rare 😂😂

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 2

Canada, PC Steam, trying to access Events, hasn't been working for the past day.

20200408125044_1.jpg

The issue remains since last monday. From Portugal PC/STEAM

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2020.04.08 - 17.39.49.27.png

I'm back still no joy here.

22 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I think your bluffing us, your on your own there I'd say with no help👀🙄

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mcraerallyfan said:

I think your bluffing us, your on your own there I'd say with no help👀🙄

Maybe I should get off the forums and fix the server then 😉

Disclaimer, if they let me near it it would definitely be down all the time.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm reading 100+ messages per hour, we're not blind to this @somethingthing 😉 

No offense, but I am pretty sure that scaling up your servers would be more useful than reading all messages posted here.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Maybe I should get off the forums and fix the server then 😉

Disclaimer, if they let me near it it would definitely be down all the time.

wrench in hand and off you go

Posted (edited)

Server is not available. Region: Belarus Platform: PC ( Steam ) Event: career. second day.

ABZVzHEg5fg.jpg

Edited by stormeh

Was super excited to see Dirt Rally 2.0 for free this month and downloaded it as soon as it dropped in the UK on PS Plus ... had absolutely no luck connecting to the servers since I got it. Always getting the 58-58 error message. Trying to connect from London.

Really disappointing since I've been playing Codemasters' games since Toca Race Driver on the PS2, and my friends seem to be able to connect with varying success. Was going to buy the season pass too but looks like it'll be on hold for the time being.

PJ, I get you're trying to hold the fort so people shouldn't be giving you personally any stick, but for the amount of lost game time, especially for those who already had the game and the DLC, I'd hope there's something in the foreseeable future to make this right rather than simply strengthening the servers. This is something that should have been done proactively rather than reactively.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

wrench in hand and off you go

I'll drop this in here first:

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'll drop this in here first:

Wasn't this message posted yesterday too.🙄☝️

40 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Posted (edited)

Connection Issues. Steam. Edinburgh, UK. Trying to Access Career mode

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2020.04.08 - 18.16.12.17.png

Edited by StoashyRisk

Server is not available. Region: Ukraine Platform: PC ( Steam ) Event: on game start. Happens since 07 of Aprill

image.thumb.png.41494293423734e1d587e9321de0a6b8.png

Please expand your troubleshooting beyond connects and disconnects at launch. The playing experience is not functional. 

There are too many disconnects during events that make the effort to navigate back to try again or continuously spam retry not an option. This is an equal frustration to getting through the initial racenet connection to see the available events. Is anyone addressing this aspect?