F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

If you are getting e4669c75-58-58, go here. This is common on Windows 7.

Message added by PJTierney

DR2_Subaru_WRX_NR4-(2).JPG

Hello everyone.

This is a quick overview of the parts of DiRT Rally 2.0 that require online server connectivity to function.

An online connection is required for the following parts of the game:

• My Team - Taking part in Events.
  • My Team - Completing Events and submitting times to Leaderboards.
  • My Team - Updating Garage contents. 
  • My Team - Upgrading Staff abilities.
  • Custom - Creating Multiplayer Championships
  • Custom - Finding and joining Multiplayer Championships
  • Custom - Submitting times to Leaderboards in Time Trial
  • Custom - Accessing and taking part in Club Events

You do not need an online connection for the following game modes*:

• Colin McRae Scenarios
  • Historic Championships
  • FIA World Rallycross Championship
  • Free Roam
  • Custom - Creating and playing in single-player Championships

If you experience server connectivity issues, and they persist after a short amount of time (and retrying doesn't work), the best way to let us know is through the following:

• Posting in this thread - Make sure you post what platform and region you are playing on too, as well as what part of the game you were trying to access at the time.

• Tweet to @dirtgame - As above, specify what platform/region you are a part of and what part of the game you were playing.

• Email custservice@codemasters.com - As above, the more info you provide the better. Screenshots are also useful.

Although we have systems in place to detect the rare times server connectivity is dropping, making us aware directly is also helpful in ensuring everybody can get back to playing the full set of game features as soon as possible. 

Please note that server connectivity is tied into platform connectivity, so make sure to check if Steam, Xbox Live and PlayStation Network services are up and running also.

If you're on Windows 7, check this first before reporting any issues:

* The game will still attempt to connect in order to upload times to Leaderboards, however you can continue to play in these parts of the game regardless.

Posted (edited)

Server is not available. Region: Germany Platform: PC ( Steam ) Event: Club events. Happens since 17:30 the past 15minsunknown.png

Edited by hier217
  • Agree 1

Server connection issues. Seems to happen every night about this time. 19:00-21:00. Been trying for over 20 minutes to reconnect but it’s getting to the point where I’m better off not bothering with the online leagues. No internet connection issues or Xbox live issues just your server issues. Beyond a joke now!!

1F49DF64-994D-4B97-ACBE-BF8F0D49E027.jpeg

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Started doing some dailys and the loading times were very slow when trying to get into the stages but at least it worked after a while. On the 3rd one I did a shakedown and when i was about to start the stage it showed an error and after a couple of retrys i gave up. PC trough steam.

" We're seeing plenty of new players pick up DiRT Rally 2.0 in April, and if you're one of these here are a few useful threads to get you started on the game: "

This is very cool and all but at least make the servers being able to handle more traffic. You couldnt even keep the servers up when the game wasnt on sale/not on gamepass/goty. And no, its not a "rare" thing that clubs and racenet being slow/impossible to connect to.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Please Codemasters give us some announcement when it will be possible to actually play the game. I know life is hard and all that stuff but come on how long will I get this after trying my best on the track?

1844540369_ERROR10.thumb.jpg.e358da50a84b5f8ff2a0fd4193434822.jpg

PC (Steam)

Edited by MichaelALAD

The Servers are extremely slow at the moment.
And I mean slow. Everything takes minutes to load and leaderboards don't show up.

Platform: X-Box One S
Region: Central Europe (Potatoeland)

This is just so highly annoying and still the biggest weakpoint of Codemasters.

Hi all, thanks for the reports.

For transparency, we have a team of people monitoring server performance at the moment and making tweaks as necessary.

Naturally, with all the new PlayStation people arriving we're keeping a close eye on various stats and server requests.

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

For transparency, we have a team of people monitoring server performance at the moment and making tweaks as necessary.

Naturally, with all the new PlayStation people arriving we're keeping a close eye on various stats and server requests.

When you make more money the service get worse for us. Thats not ok.

Finally decided to pick this up and give it a chance, had few hours to play yesterday and and figured I'd play some more after work, think again... Not he best start.

Why on earth single player career mode requires online mode is beyond me, just make a separate time trial mode or some **** that people can use to compete against each other, it's a small fraction of the players who actually care where they land on the global leaderboards.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

How about a server VIP-program for launch buyers?
All server requests get prioritized for us and all others (especially game pass- and playstation plus-players) need to wait 🤭

Is it really too much to ask for stable servers for longer than a few days in a row?
In a game that forces a connection on so many points?

• Agree 2

Been trying all day and I get "Server not available" on initial login...

come on CM, sort it out, surely you must of thought, "hang on we gonna let a ton more players on, we need to make sure the server can handle it"...?

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, BabylonCome said:

Been trying all day and I get "Server not available" on initial login...

come on CM, sort it out, surely you must of thought, "hang on we gonna let a ton more players on, we need to make sure the server can handle it"...?

They obviously have no headroom at all. They use the bare minimum of what they expect, everything to save money and thats why **** like this happens.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Region : Indonesia. Platform: Steam. Event

image.pngi post wrong picture and cannot edit or delete it. error code that i get e4669c75-58-58

image.png

Edited by seringnyasar
wrong pict
  • Agree 1

My game just decided to reset my championship My Team save due to some supposed data discrepancy during the latest intermittent server uptime, i hope you have a way to restore that. 😞

• Agree 1

Curently the server is down i guess. Can not logged in.

Platform: Steam, Location: Turkey

Yup, dev team's seeing it in the data and is on the case.

I'm assuming Ps4 is also offline with the influx of new players from psn+? 

Havnt been able to get on all day.

In this game i think the problem with the servers is.... It's not only today. It's many days that we have problems with the connection. 

Posted (edited)

Server down since this morning was OK for about 30mins then s#it the bed 

But have been researching and these issues have been displayed right across the globe since Feb 

Platform - ps4

region-United Kingdom 

Edited by Milkykid92
Added info

41 minutes ago, nbates66 said:

My game just decided to reset my championship My Team save due to some supposed data discrepancy during the latest intermittent server uptime, i hope you have a way to restore that. 😞

Yep..i have same prob..😕

Ps4 and Finland

Posted (edited)

PROBLEM  with connection, PC, Steam, Poland

Edited by SokoleONE

Posted (edited)

Yes, this is pretty bad. And it looks like my team credits are reset to 0 from the millions a had (let's find out after reconnection)....tis bad MKAY, very bad! Steam, the Netherlands.

Edited by Sint78

46 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Yup, dev team's seeing it in the data and is on the case.

Latest: They're still investigating and working on a fix.