Jump to content Jump to content

No Throttle nor Brake?

RJaggers

I use an ECCI wheel and pedals and works fine with iRacing and other racing games. I just purchased F1 2019 and tried to run and no throttle nor brake. I went to calibrate and when ready for the accel spot it recognizes the input but does not work in game. Same with brake.

6 hours ago, RJaggers said:

I use an ECCI wheel and pedals and works fine with iRacing and other racing games. I just purchased F1 2019 and tried to run and no throttle nor brake. I went to calibrate and when ready for the accel spot it recognizes the input but does not work in game. Same with brake.

Are you saving the profile when exiting the control schema? Is the wheel selected (with the tick in the controls main screen)?

8 hours ago, RJaggers said:

Yes, it is odd. I can set the brake as the throttle and the clutch as the brake and it works! When I try to use the regular gas pedal it is picked up but does not work. Another 20 bucks wasted...

You need to Google "F1 2019 action maps" and edit yours. The wheel is not officially supported, but you may get some joy here.

1 hour ago, RJaggers said:

I checked Google and found many articles on mapping but noting says how to actually do it. Is it thru editing a config file or maybe on the MFD screen?

Editing the actual actionmap file that your controller uses. It's more complicated to explain here when it's been explained well enough elsewhere.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2019\actionmaps

Archived