Sign in to follow this  

Codemaster F1 2019 Gear ratios

Hi, I just bought F1 2019 so I’m a noob.

Running a Mclaren in FP1 practice in full sim mode, no helps.

Final drive ratio is too short on the default setup. I want to change this myself in the setup but the menu doesn’t have a gear cogs section just transmission, which only affects the differential.

How can I change the vmax of the car without altering the ratios? 

Sorry if this is a noob question.

Since 2015, teams choose their gear ratio before the season and it can't be changed during the season (a.k.a. you can't change gear ratios).

The usual way of altering the top speed, nowadays, is by increasing/decrasing the wings.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

During testing top gear was noticed to be too high so the car was never anywhere near the power band. As you point out final drive would be an easy fix but even though it is available as a setting irl there is no pre season testing in this game so you don't actually have the option. I believe it's set so low so that as your car 'levels up'  during career by the time you get the most power and best aerodynamic performance your car will not be over revving on the straights in top gear. In 2018 with a fully maxed car I frequently hit the Rev limiter in top gear with a maxed out car. Especially when drafting. Sounded very unhealthy!

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2020 at 9:10 PM, mantazzo said:

The usual way of altering the top speed, nowadays, is by increasing/decrasing the wings.

How are you going to affect the vmax by changing drag if it's already bouncing off the limiter in top gear?

Taking off a gurney flap is suddenly going to engage a warpdrive ratio on the drivetrain?

The aero of a car has nothing to do with the transmission.

Edited by codexas