Sign in to follow this  

One very important feature for future titles

Driving line. It is very important in rally and was well implemented in RBR. And now Dirt rally has really nice graphics of the surface of the road, but there cannot be much surface reading because it is not very realistic and since this game aims for some realism I think the devs should think about it in the future. And I am not talking about driving line the driving aid, like the digital one, I mean the driving line left by the cars in front of you. And if you get to drive first, you have no driving line or sometimes driving line left by RWD car which is very different from Wrc cars and this creates difficulties. 

Another thing related to surface reading is that some surfaces are very unrealistic, particularly the fully wet road. Visually it looks like the car should slip and slide very heavily with all the different muddy tracks, but it drives normally over it. 

• Agree 1

Anyone played the Mudrunner series of games? Amazing level of detail in surface representation, and how it impacts the vehicle from my brief play. Your vehicle will degrade the surface in real time, creating quagmires that will get you stuck if you haven't moved out!