Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

PC (Steam) - Can't connect to any lobby multiplayer since Patch v1.20 (FIXED)

Recommended Posts

Hi Codemasters.

  I bougth the F1 2019 on August 2019, and I can played without problems on offline and online session. But after the patch V1.20 I can't connect to any lobby online ranked or unrakend, only says error without any code. I attach images in the post.

  I try several things for repair but i can't fix the problem. I try :

  1. Uninstall the F1 2019, delete all files references on PC from F1 2019, and Install again.
  2. I try disabling Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

  • The F1 2019 starts without problems, and connect to online services without problem too. But when I want to play on online lobby ranked or unraked I get an error without code.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

  • V1.22

3.       Game-mode? Are you running the full game or the trial?

  • Full Game F1 2019 Anniversary Edition.

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

  • On multiplayer menu, if i trying to enter on any lobby I get the error.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

  • Always on multiplayer, I can't play multiplayer from December 2019 (I stop play from this date to February 2020)

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recomm end the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

  1. Uninstall the F1 2019, delete all files references on PC from F1 2019, and Install again.
  2. I try disabling Windows Firewall and Windows Defender
  3. Make a DMZ configuration on router to my IP on the PC I executed F1 2019
  4. Uninstall the lastest updates of Windows 10

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

  • Gamepad Xbox One for PC

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

  • I attach one image before get error and other with error on screen.

 

My PC is a I7 7700K 4.20GHz, 16GB DDR4, SSD Samsung EVO 860

My Windows is a Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.

Can I get a dump of error or a log from F1 2019 for know what error it is??.

If you need some more things, tell to me.

 

Best Regards.

f12019_1.png

f12019_2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Redhunt

Thanks for the information in your post.

Can you translate the error codes into English for the benefit of the community? Also, can you attach a DXDiag too. How to do so is here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @BarryBL

 

  I attach the DXDiag.

  I attach too the steps with the game on English language.

 

Best Regards.

DxDiag.txt

f12019_1.png

f12019_2.png

f12019_3.png

f12019_4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Redhunt

Firstly, as you have a NVIDIA card, please check our green announcement on the top of the page and revert back to version 442.74. 

Also, with your issue, it seems to be a connectivity issue. Please check router and firewall settings. This would be my first places for action. Silly question, but I take it you are running on a wired connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @BarryBL

  I tested with several drivers versions, and the issue is from february. I tested again with 442.74, but i don't have any crash on game.

  I have my pc on wired connection on 1Gbps.

  I am agree with you and I think is a connectivity issue. How i said in my first post I tested several things. I disabled the firewall and the windows defender with the same result. I reset to default configurations of the router, I test doing DMZ to my IP too, and I get the same issue. I don't have problems of connectivity on any other game or application.

  In the game the connectivity to stats and other things of F1 2019 connect ok only fails with connecting to a lobby. Have you any test additional can I do??, What ports use F1 2019 to NAT this specific ports, or to sniffer ethernet packets with Wireshark or similar??.

  Thanks for your support.

Best Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Redhunt your free space on system drive C:\ is low. Please reset your page file to system managed.

Also do a file clean up and uninstall unnecessary programs. Maybe reset or manage system restore points (clear them down).

Also dxdiag still shows 445.75, please revert to 442.74 as requested.

Edited by steviejay69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @BarryBL

  Like we said the issue is a connectivity issue. I found the fix, but is a very strange this problem because i don't change my network configuration from years, but I think the issue comes with anyone of the patchs of F1 2019 or with a patch of Windows 10.

  The first I tested is installing the F1 2019 in my laptop only to test if game enters on lobby and with the laptop I entered on lobby without problems. This behaviour discard a problem with the router or the network of ISP, the problem is with te desktop PC.

  After test on laptop I centered on desktop PC and the network configuration (Parameters, Firewall). Disabling Firewall i get the same error. For my job I have multiple networks in the same net, for this I have multiple IP configurations. My first static configuration is the IPv4 Configuration for internet network. In addicional IPv4 IPs I have different subnets for access to all my devices on different networks. For test I delete all IPs additional and I configure only the static configuration for internet network, and after that I can enter on Lobby. The strange behaviour is I don't change my network configuration from 2018 at least, for that I think the problem comes from a patch, but I don't know it if from F1 2019 or Windows10.

  I only describe all the process for anyone that have the same behaviour for fix it.

  If you need more data for your technical department Is a pleasure for me to help you.

Best Regards.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Redhunt said:

Hi @BarryBL

  Like we said the issue is a connectivity issue. I found the fix, but is a very strange this problem because i don't change my network configuration from years, but I think the issue comes with anyone of the patchs of F1 2019 or with a patch of Windows 10.

  The first I tested is installing the F1 2019 in my laptop only to test if game enters on lobby and with the laptop I entered on lobby without problems. This behaviour discard a problem with the router or the network of ISP, the problem is with te desktop PC.

  After test on laptop I centered on desktop PC and the network configuration (Parameters, Firewall). Disabling Firewall i get the same error. For my job I have multiple networks in the same net, for this I have multiple IP configurations. My first static configuration is the IPv4 Configuration for internet network. In addicional IPv4 IPs I have different subnets for access to all my devices on different networks. For test I delete all IPs additional and I configure only the static configuration for internet network, and after that I can enter on Lobby. The strange behaviour is I don't change my network configuration from 2018 at least, for that I think the problem comes from a patch, but I don't know it if from F1 2019 or Windows10.

  I only describe all the process for anyone that have the same behaviour for fix it.

  If you need more data for your technical department Is a pleasure for me to help you.

Best Regards.

 

Yes you better give more detail as that isn't an explanation of either what you had or what you changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @steviejay69

  In Windows you can configure a static IP, and you can configure multiple IPs for different networks (I attach images from a configuration I describe) and I have this configuration since 2018 maybe or before. I don't change any configuration of this from years.

  If I delete the second IP added for other networks, only that way I can connect to lobbies, but If i have multiple IP I can't connect, but this behaviour is from december 2019. Before december 2019 I had can connect and play normally to any lobby without problems with the multiple IP configuration.

Best Regards.

ip_1.png

ip_2.png

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why you have the second address at all.

Essentially with the subnet mask you have you should only use 192.168.1.x addresses, they'll be what's set up in the router. Without reprogramming it to route 192.168.0.x addresses (unless your router is very advanced and can accept user-defined routing tables, most aren't) then essentially it seems like if your device IS visible in the LAN, nothing will be routed.

If as I suspect, you are physically moving the device between two different local networks, then ideally you should have the device configured to use DHCP leasing or change the routers to assign the device a reserved IP (on each network). Either way, it means your configuration is the issue.

Having two addresses is wrong. Neither are fully routable on the opposite configured network. A fallback address would only work when you are on a publicly routed network, to connect to another local device with external routing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again.

  I have differents subnet IPs because I work with industrial devices, where this devices have static IP differents subnet from 192.168.1.x and this devices doesn't support DHCP it comes with fixed IP and I Need to connect to reconfigure IP and this devices is in my LAN. Is more easily to configure two or more IPs on my Network adapter that change the router configuration.

  I fixed my problem, I am only describe why is happening for me, I say again from July 2019 to december 2019, with the same configuration I had connect and played without problems, I only put in the forum how i can fixed the problem, for anyone can have the same problem.

Best Regards.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not usual that anyone else would have the same error. I find it strange that any device would be configured with a fixed IP that cannot be changed.

But you could also solve the issue by using a second LAN card in a desktop. 

Just disabling the second card when you want to play F1. But probably, work and play don't mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new to f1 2019, ought while it was on sale and couldn't join any online race, until I swapped fro my 5ghz ipv6 to 2.4gh ipv4, just letting folks now how I solved my issue, being as it was the same issue as the op, failed to join with no error code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, pachedupdemon said:

I'm new to f1 2019, ought while it was on sale and couldn't join any online race, until I swapped fro my 5ghz ipv6 to 2.4gh ipv4, just letting folks now how I solved my issue, being as it was the same issue as the op, failed to join with no error code

IPv6 is not supported by the game. Many UK ISPs still can't actually use it either. The support has to start with the service providers, it's worth turning off all the IPv6 stuff on routers at this point in time.

And 5GHz has nothing to do with IPv6/IPv4. It's to do with WiFi spec. 802.11ac I think.

Edited by steviejay69
Yes I got the right letters lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

IPv6 is not supported by the game. Many UK ISPs still can't actually use it either. The support has to start with the service providers, it's worth turning off all the IPv6 stuff on routers at this point in time.

And 5GHz has nothing to do with IPv6/IPv4. It's to do with WiFi spec. 802.11ac I think.

Ah thanks for the edit, I was going to to ask that very question

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, steviejay69 said:

It's not usual that anyone else would have the same error. I find it strange that any device would be configured with a fixed IP that cannot be changed.

But you could also solve the issue by using a second LAN card in a desktop. 

Just disabling the second card when you want to play F1. But probably, work and play don't mix.

For the record

Dependent on your work it isen't that uncomon to have multiple IP adresses in different IP scopes on the same network card. Adding an extra card is unnessesary, adding extra cost and cabling, so yes, it would solve the issue, but if you can solve it with configuration there is no idea in adding extra hardware to equation

I had this error on my normal private PC (which is uncomon since i usually keep it as default as possible), but was done in this case because of some devices i have been testing on my home network. They did not accept DHCP as default but came with a 192.168.100.1 address - which i'm sure you know is not the scope of most home routers - so this leads to two options.

1) Attach them directly to your pc (which requires you to detach your setup from the current network), then change IP scope and connect to equipment
2) Plug it into a random network switch on the same VLAN - add secondary IP address in correct scope and reconfigure the devices (and when done, remove secondary IP which i forgot)

This is not ment to open up a discussion, but rather add that this is an error that should be accounted for in the game, i have not seen any other issues in other multiplayer games, and there should not be any in this one either. If multiple IP addresses are on a network card, go for the one in the same scope as the default gateway and ignore the other.

@Redhunt You Sir, saved me a quite some time in troubleshooting, thanks 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Martinta the reasoned explanation falls short at one point. 

What are those devices with fixed IP? 

Neither yourself nor @Redhunt has given a clue.

I’m not looking to defend any answer I’ve given, more understand why any user would own or possess this kind of device.

The question is asked because the solution potentially dips into driver and OS level scenarios that don’t get tested.

Two cards is a workaround if consumer level devices don’t support what is potentially an enterprise scenario.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@steviejay69 I don't agree on the falling short point.

I'm testing a lot of hardware and devices of different quality (been making reviews for a hardware portal where we get all kind of stuff, of different quality), which specific devices where the reason for this particular change i can't remember, but this is consumer devices, not enterprise. Now you might say that my case is special because i spend time testing a lot of these things, but the things i test can be bought by a consumer - who could then make the same solution as i did. But then again, i don't see how this is relevant. If you have added a secondary IP address on your network card, you know you have done it but given this is not an issue in any other games i have played online, the other game developers must have taken that into account.

So from my point of view the particular reason behind why there are two ip addresses are irrelevant to the issue.

A solution to the problem is easier then you might think. If it's technically a problem to force use the same IP scope as the default gateway, it would be pretty easy to just verify in case of a connection error if there are two ip addresses on the card, and if so, throw a searchable error. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Martinta said:

@steviejay69 I don't agree on the falling short point.

I'm testing a lot of hardware and devices of different quality (been making reviews for a hardware portal where we get all kind of stuff, of different quality), which specific devices where the reason for this particular change i can't remember, but this is consumer devices, not enterprise. Now you might say that my case is special because i spend time testing a lot of these things, but the things i test can be bought by a consumer - who could then make the same solution as i did. But then again, i don't see how this is relevant. If you have added a secondary IP address on your network card, you know you have done it but given this is not an issue in any other games i have played online, the other game developers must have taken that into account.

So from my point of view the particular reason behind why there are two ip addresses are irrelevant to the issue.

A solution to the problem is easier then you might think. If it's technically a problem to force use the same IP scope as the default gateway, it would be pretty easy to just verify in case of a connection error if there are two ip addresses on the card, and if so, throw a searchable error. 

Like I said, I'm not wanting to defend any kind of position.  But, your inability to expand on the information requested makes me think it is consumer IoT ****!

So, I'm simply going to state that these things would be bad on any kind of network. Why delve into advanced configuration when you can and should just avoid any kind of device like that?

Making the game do something which on the face of it sounds basic, but isn't because it requires a little used uncommon scenario to be vetted against 1,000,001 vendors and hardware and an OS hardly renowned for it's consistency?

how many bugs go unreported because they don't crop up for a significant proportion of users? I'm glad you've sorted the issue, but I don't know what it is. Sharing is caring. 🙂

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×