Future F1 game ideas

I recently thought of a few things that would be nice (and easy to implement) for future F1 games (I still one day hope Codemasters are going to listen to us, as some ideas are there for ages):

- Being able to customize the   more than now (gp mode), now you can only pick 4 weather options for during the race, especially in 100% races you should be able to customize it more. The idea I had was to make a sort slider where you can almost exactly customize the whole race. Look at the picture below (yes, it's made with paint and I'm not good at it, but at least it's bit of an impression of the idea, also maybe the minutes can be replaced with laps, for example 5/56 laps --> 10/56 laps etc.).

- Helmet customization: being able to make a helmet on your own (on the f1 game website for people who are not that good in designing/editing or just completely on your own if you are good at it) then being able to upload it to your account (pc, Xbox and ps4) to use it in game. Also being able to add sponsors onto the helmet. 

- Visually seeing the care change when making changes to the setup.

- Being able to see the setup of your teammate. 

- Better damage model, the current state of the damage model is just so unrealistic, just look at the tecpro barriers for example, if you go into it with a lot of speed, a part of the car needs to stick into it, not bounce of it. Also there need to be random failures for the player, e.g. suspension failure or engine failure

- Test drivers taking over fp1 a few times a season, also they complete practise programs. 

- More practise programs, like installation lap in fp1, practise starts etc. 

- The AI need to make more mistakes, especially in the rain. I drive without assists, so it is frustrating to see the AI be so fast straight away, they need to occasionally crash out or outbreak themselves, especially at the start of the session. Also, in the dry they need to have moments of oversteer etc. 

rain in gp mode.png

• Agree 1

And not to forget,

- A more realistic/complex penalty system

- Good reliable online lobies and games.

Very good ideas, i think Codemasters need to implement all of these things in game, maybe in f1 2020. Another things are the red flag, pre season testing ecc.

14 hours ago, Brandtair said:

And not to forget,

- A more realistic/complex penalty system

- Good reliable online lobies and games.

Also very good ideas, hope that we can see some of these in the next game

11 hours ago, F1Alonso14 said:

Very good ideas, i think Codemasters need to implement all of these things in game, maybe in f1 2020. Another things are the red flag, pre season testing ecc.

I miss the red flag to, if there is a pile up or a huge crash, they dont need to just despawn but there needs to be a red flag with restart behind SC...

Posted (edited)

All the tracks need to be laser scanned, the Italian company behind Asetto Corsa and the sequel Competizione have laser scanned tracks and they are not a massive company by any means, I know there are only 12 tracks. 

What with PS5 version probably next year and graphics will be improved by increased power of console.

It just sometimes feels that codemasters like cutting corners, which is something I noticed on esports a lot. 

I think Iracing has laser scanned hence why its popular, look at all the IndyCar official drivers, 

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON
  • Agree 1

On 4/8/2020 at 10:48 AM, Olavstar said:

Also very good ideas, hope that we can see some of these in the next game

And less of these. Feel Lando now. Happened 5 min ago for the so manied time.

Schermopname (51).png