Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 won't start / launch *(Solved)*

Recommended Posts

Bought the game on Steam yesterday and been trying to get it work since.

When I click launch game nothing happens (both on dx11 and dx12).

Tried reinstalling, verifying files, firewall exception, running as admin etc but to no avail.

My specs are:

Win 10

Ryzen 2600x

gtx 1660 6GB

16gb ddr4 3200mhz

All updated to latest drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, manolavelle said:

Bought the game on Steam yesterday and been trying to get it work since.

When I click launch game nothing happens (both on dx11 and dx12).

Tried reinstalling, verifying files, firewall exception, running as admin etc but to no avail.

My specs are:

Win 10

Ryzen 2600x

gtx 1660 6GB

16gb ddr4 3200mhz

All updated to latest drivers.

I'm reading posts some nvidia users are having issues with 445.75 so will try 442.74

Edited by manolavelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, try the green announcement bar at the top of the 'Technical Assistance' pages for advice on reverting back to 442.74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you so much mano.
it worked! id never get to the point to get that solution.
tyvm bro!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ElNiño43 said:

thank you so much mano.
it worked! id never get to the point to get that solution.
tyvm bro!

youre welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallo.

I have the same problem but the link dosn't works. I mean, I can't download nothing....

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GambusaM said:

Hallo.

I have the same problem but the link dosn't works. I mean, I can't download nothing....

Thanks

The link is still working dude, try disabling ur ad blocker or use a different browser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ops....my ad blocker was on....

 the same, I followed the instructions but does't work

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GambusaM said:

Ops....my ad blocker was on....

 the same, I followed the instructions but does't work

 

I'm guessing you might be on Nvidia and also with the latest drivers (445.75).

Uninstall the 445.75 drivers and download 442.74 instead: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/158759/en-us

Also let me know any information that could be useful if this does not fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i have same issue with my f1 2019, it can't start


but the difference is, i can play the game before, after i shut down the PC last night and then turn it on again in this morning, start from steam and then files f1 2019 dx12 (if i not wrong) is gone..
tried validate games from steam many times has no effect it still gone.

my pc specs, just in case
i5 8600k
nvidia 1070ti version 445.75

2x8gb RAM 

Edited by RezzaAja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GambusaM said:

I've got the 440.97 version....should I upgrade?

 

it's worth a shot, just dont update to 445.75, im using 442.74 and it's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 8:09 AM, GambusaM said:

I've got the 440.97 version....should I upgrade?

 

Unlikely it's the issue alone, there is no need to update the drivers unless you are troubleshooting (or prompted to update by the game).

But yes, manolavelle is correct, just don't go to 445.75 (or 445.78).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 12:20 AM, RezzaAja said:

i have same issue with my f1 2019, it can't start


but the difference is, i can play the game before, after i shut down the PC last night and then turn it on again in this morning, start from steam and then files f1 2019 dx12 (if i not wrong) is gone..
tried validate games from steam many times has no effect it still gone.

my pc specs, just in case
i5 8600k
nvidia 1070ti version 445.75

2x8gb RAM 

If you HAVE launched the game before, try deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml. Also check you have not enabled 'Protected Folder Access' in Windows Security.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×