Pointless to try and race in F1 2019 unranked lobby with damage on

Posted (edited)

So I've learned it's absolutely pointless to enter races in the unranked lobby that have collisions on and especially damage on. I'm writing this minutes after qualifying 3rd at Monza and getting about 100 metres down the start and getting forcefully pit maneuvered into the wall destroying my car. All I did was qualify faster than someone who apparently thinks passing is ramming people off the track. I guess it's people like that who know they will never be competent so they take it out on people who are. This rant is brought to you by our sponsors over at holy **** this is frustrating. I'm thankful this game allows collisions off. It's basically fastest wins without playing ultimate bumper cars.

Edited by Mike5500
  • Haha 1

Unfortunate, but true. The "safety car" is also anything but. Not only it bunches up all the crash kiddies, but it's also more a rule than an exception to get wrecked while driving in the SC queue. Oh well, you can't change the people. What could be done is better lobby options or just a finished game in general that would somehow allow for rooting out the rot.

That's the thing, not a thing can be done about it. Sometimes it's entertaining but it takes a toll on the enjoyment of the race. Usually I race, but today I found myself spending alot of time in time trials. Didn't have the patience for the mouth breathers 

6 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

I'm writing this minutes after qualifying 3rd at Monza

Bro, Monza is a nightmare to drive...no matter if its unranked or not.

Best tipp i can give: either you have the Pole Position and drive without braking in the first chicane, be on the left and stay on the straight line...you will get 10 sec penalty but you are in front without damage and you should been 5-6 seconds already ahead.

alternative: start from last position and chill the first round. 

8 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

So I've learned it's absolutely pointless to enter races in the unranked lobby that have collisions on and especially damage on. I'm writing this minutes after qualifying 3rd at Monza and getting about 100 metres down the start and getting forcefully pit maneuvered into the wall destroying my car. All I did was qualify faster than someone who apparently thinks passing is ramming people off the track. I guess it's people like that who know they will never be competent so they take it out on people who are. This rant is brought to you by our sponsors over at holy **** this is frustrating. I'm thankful this game allows collisions off. It's basically fastest wins without playing ultimate bumper cars.

If you are on PC and fancy some cleaner racing, maybe consider our forum league. We used to run unranked lobbies but people would join and take others out. Unfortunately, its very difficult to account for human behaviour. Also, I crash plenty of times on my own, I don't need help 😛

Let me know if you're interested @Mike5500

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

Bro, Monza is a nightmare to drive...no matter if its unranked or not.

Best tipp i can give: either you have the Pole Position and drive without braking in the first chicane, be on the left and stay on the straight line...you will get 10 sec penalty but you are in front without damage and you should been 5-6 seconds already ahead.

alternative: start from last position and chill the first round. 

Someone should write an ebook or online guide "How to survive a race in f1 2019 without being wrecked deliberately".

It would be very successful, you already have the first tip in that comment!

Of course it would involve lots of shenanigans but if that's what it takes.........

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Someone should write an ebook or online guide "How to survive a race in f1 2019 without being wrecked deliberately".

It would be very successful, you already have the first tip in that comment!

Of course it would involve lots of shenanigans but if that's what it takes.........

What I sometimes did before was to ghost my car on the first lap by going into options menu. On a track like Monza it's still probably better to go full Herbert into the first chicane.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL I'm on PS4. I do find races that are clean, but the ones that aren't are kinda similar to running of the bulls. They can go any direction at any time. One advantage of me getting fed up and going to time trials is I'm getting a lot better at the racing lines. Before I spent time in time trials for example at Monaco I was having trouble getting under 1:12. I now have a rank on the global leaderboards of 2823 out of 15000 with a lap time of 1:09.480. ( Not wallriding I might add ) legit lap. So all is not lost to the dirty drivers. With bad comes good Also should add I use ABS and TC medium. No brake assist no race line.

Edited by Mike5500

14 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

@BarryBL I'm on PS4. I do find races that are clean, but the ones that aren't are kinda similar to running of the bulls. They can go any direction at any time. One advantage of me getting fed up and going to time trials is I'm getting a lot better at the racing lines. Before I spent time in time trials for example at Monaco I was having trouble getting under 1:12. I now have a rank on the global leaderboards of 2823 out of 15000 with a lap time of 1:09.480. ( Not wallriding I might add ) legit lap. So all is not lost to the dirty drivers. With bad comes good Also should add I use ABS and TC medium. No brake assist no race line. 

That's much quicker than my current Monaco times, I'm sitting at around 1:11 pre-league testing. Don't even know why I added it into the league haha.

A PS4 league is something we are looking into doing in the future too, pending enough interest.