Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Huge default deadzone

Help Please! I just bought F1 2019 and have a huge deadzone with my Trust GXT 288. The settings don't allow me to change this. In control panel everything seems fine and when playing others games I have no problem at all. Help me please! i Need it!

The version is 1.22

Hi @BarryBL Thanks for answering.
I know that my steering wheel its not fully supported, the game recognise it like an Xbox Controller, but when i try to customise the settings to get a lower deadzone, It comes default in 0, i cant put a lower value, so i cant fix this problem in the settings of F1 2019 menu, so i come to this forum to get help, because i cant enjoy this game with this issue.

I can play F1 2018 and others racing games whithout any problem with my steering wheel, so i suppose that its not my problem.
Here you can see the problem: https://imgur.com/a/1rizDk3

2 hours ago, Leandro7032 said:

I can play F1 2018 and others racing games whithout any problem with my steering wheel, so i suppose that its not my problem.
Here you can see the problem: https://imgur.com/a/1rizDk3

That you can use this device with other games doesn't mean it should work with this game, so I suppose that this is your problem. However, there might be someone here having the same wheel who solved this and can use it in a normal way. Do you have any other joysticks or other pheripals connected? Do you use a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 can cause problems and it is adviced to use a 2.0 port. 

@1512marcel Hi! Thanks for answer! I looked into internet, and i dont find any solution to my problem. Someguys told me to change the actionsmap in the f1 2019 folder but that doesnt worked for me. I Dont have any other joystick, just a headset conected. I use a USB 2.0. 

Yes, USB 2.0 is usually a good idea.

What is the result of calibration in the Windows Control Panel 'Devices and Printers'?

Once you've recalibrated, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and the modified actionmap, then use Steam to verify game files.

Then try launching.

20 minutes ago, Leandro7032 said:

Hi @steviejay69 thanks for answer!
I tryed that and doesnt worked for me, i still having the same problem 😞

Thanks for the feedback. I can only suggest you try a supported controller.

1 minute ago, Leandro7032 said:

@steviejay69 im thinking to buy a logitech driving force gt, but while i buy it, i will try to fix this one. Thanks!

DGFT is a solid wheel for cheap, but I'm not sure support would last long. If you can stretch to G29 that would be better. 2nd hand they can be had good as new for £100-£120 in the UK.

Mate try to put your Steering Saturation value in the "Controller settings (in game) and Create a New file name when saving it.. After exit the game restart your computer and try it.. 

5 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Mate try to put your Steering Saturation value in the "Controller settings (in game) and Create a New file name when saving it.. After exit the game restart your computer and try it.. 

It's not the saturation it's a deadzone. Saturation is just how sensitive turning is made. + sensitivity > turns to lock with less input, - sensitivity isn't possible as the game starts at 0.

So, deadzone means turn not registered. If you increase saturation you get no turning until it suddenly turns to lock, so it doesn't help.