GRID Season 3 - Arriving April 15th

Update is out. 

As predicted, Veyron shouldn't be nowhere near that class. If you, as devs, think it's ok to have in that class a car 10 seconds slower or so that can't even match the others in straight line... 

Season 3 isn’t showing up in the store. I tried to download it from the game screen prompt as well and it said that the content was unavailable. Platform PS4. Thanks for the help. 👍

Previously the only way to get money to buy cars was driving in singleplayer, now one can get reasonable cash from multiplayer races aswell, thanks for that.
I have a question - do online races not count in leaderboard times ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DiRTKiNG808 said:

Season 3 isn’t showing up in the store. I tried to download it from the game screen prompt as well and it said that the content was unavailable. Platform PS4. Thanks for the help. 👍

Depending on your region and platform there will be slight delays in when Season 3 will be available separately. Should be within the next couple hours that it's available globally.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Previously the only way to get money to buy cars was driving in singleplayer, now one can get reasonable cash from multiplayer races aswell, thanks for that.
I have a question - do online races not count in leaderboard times ?

I don't think they do, no. Gotta be offline in Career/Freeplay.  

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, CMTGK said:

I honestly don't know how much of a difference in the AI there will be when racing (you'll have to tell me if you notice much of a difference).

What do you mean by this? You can change the camera view in the R26 just like you can on any other car.

I played a few races in the Season 3 Career and WOW!! The AI seems to be faster than before, much more challenging, Head to Head Races, I love it, but please call the Grid Team to make them more faster and harder for the Future of this game 🙂 I like Season 3 it makes a lot of fun, I am a Guy who only plays offline against very challenging and good AI and this is the right step forward, Congratulations, now make the AI more faster and I will love it ;D

Good Job Codies

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Yes. I'll actually be able to buy some cars now!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Any chance we can get ghost cars for the next update? Trying to hit the time for the Wheely Good Time achievement but always seem to be 2 seconds short. Will help to see where I can improve.

What new update is there on ps4. Just received one now I wasn’t expecting more since I beat season 3 two weeks ago

I guess they are oblivious that the custom liveries for the Agera RS are all off centered.

4 hours ago, mcfc4heatons said:

I'm guessing no split screen?

They said that weeks ago already that they wouldn't add split screen.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:52 AM, Assiemodis said:

They said that weeks ago already that they wouldn't add split screen.

sad :( it could be one of the most wanted update and some kind a deal breaker for some people wanna buy Grid

8 hours ago, minetti said:

sad :( it could be one of the most wanted update and some kind a deal breaker for some people wanna buy Grid

There was some misinformation out there before the launch of GRID 2019 stating there would be split screen at a later date, I do not know if it was false promises from Codemasters or third parties giving out the wrong information. I actually really like GRID 2019, it grew on me and its a perfect arcade racer for split screen.  It doesn't seem like split screen will ever happen now, which is a shame and I am sure it would result in a surge in sales of the game.

12 minutes ago, mcfc4heatons said:

There was some misinformation out there before the launch of GRID 2019 stating there would be split screen at a later date, I do not know if it was false promises from Codemasters or third parties giving out the wrong information. I actually really like GRID 2019, it grew on me and its a perfect arcade racer for split screen.  It doesn't seem like split screen will ever happen now, which is a shame and I am sure it would result in a surge in sales of the game. 

on the example of F1 2020 / Dirt 5 you can see perfectly well that the implementation of this option in both Grid and F1 2019 is a purely business move because technically F1 2019 and F1 2020 are twins

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, minetti said:

on the example of F1 2020 / Dirt 5 you can see perfectly well that the implementation of this option in both Grid and F1 2019 is a purely business move because technically F1 2019 and F1 2020 are twins

there really isn't any incentive to add to greed 2019 cause it's been bundle sited at least twice now with many big discount sales.

Most of the numbers you see for sales are THE discount sales, if they kept the price high the numbers would be like PC3 is right now.

For me it comes down to price vs content, PC3 has way more content but it's also more expensive.

i gave up on grid after season 1, i hope pc3 does better but it's off to a rocky start & may be even worse of a start then greed had !

Edited by OugaBooga
more info

On 8/22/2020 at 8:38 PM, minetti said:

I don't think we'll get another Grid though??? ... My understating is PC3 is going down more of a simcade route that so could mean no more GRID?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mcfc4heatons said:

I don't think we'll get another Grid though??? ... My understating is PC3 is going down more of a simcade route that so could mean no more GRID?

i think there WILL be another grid but maybe Not another project cars.

SMS was bought to swallow it up for the sake of keeping the CM franchises going !

CM liked what Bell said a few years ago bout PC going the nfs shift way & knowing that they knew greed 2019 may be a failure due to lack of investment, talent & resources.

i predict SMS will be dismantled & incorporated into CM staff.

EVEN though greed 2019 was a failure it's still has potential in it's next iteration if done right !

it stayed as a arcade while PC tries to do everything, PC is going to be abandoned so grid/race driver/toca stays ALIVE !

THIS is my prediction !

LoL, slightly mad went totally insane being bought out ! ! !

Edited by OugaBooga
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

i think there WILL be another grid but maybe Not another project cars.

SMS was bought to swallow it up for the sake of keeping the CM franchises going ! 

CM liked what Bell said a few years ago bout PC going the nfs shift way & knowing that they knew greed 2019 may be a failure due to lack of investment, talent & resources.

i predict SMS will be dismantled & incorporated into CM staff.

EVEN though greed 2019 was a failure it's still has potential in it's next iteration if done right !

it stayed as a arcade while PC tries to do everything, PC is going to be abandoned so grid/race driver/toca stays ALIVE !

THIS is my prediction !

LoL, slightly mad went totally insane being bought out ! ! !

I would be more reserved in the assessment of the Southam team because in my opinion it is one of the most talented in CM portfolio. they did the best asphalt tracks driving model imho, far better than the one in Dirt 2.0 where the asphalt is completely broken, fortunately all the fun in rallying is not on the asphalt road. What's more, the driving model in the Grid game perfectly balances between sim and arcade and gives a lot of fun on the gamepad, and even more on the steering wheel. the core of the track racing gameplay is wonderfully designed imho. graphics? ok the trees are faint but in most car games this detail is poor. textures? ok they were better at autosport but I don't see much difference when I rush on the tracks or streets, and the cars please my eyes and ears so I'm really happy.

the gameplay is really successful and draws you into the dominoes of the competition. seasons brought a lot of additional content, so I don't regret spending on Ultimate. of course, there could be more locations because at some point you feel that they are repeated but there are many track variants so there is no drama. I would also be happy if there were new locations, but in order for it to be so, it is not worth hating this product, but supporting the project and the authors. unfortunately the opposite happened 😕

I understand a bit that the old grid fans and community had different expectations, so when the veil fell, all the simplifications were treated as profanation, so the hate spiral in the comments started. but all those negatives repeated on the Internet like echo are not a real evaluation of a very well-designed game that pleases. they are an assessment of disappointed expectations because the old community was prepared by the marketing guys and the iconic title to revive the iconic steed, and when the curtains fell, a colt appeared.

The sale was therefore destroyed by the negative feedback of such CM moves and, as a result, fell out of the plans for further DLC support. it's sad because the game is really great. I play it a lot myself and I look at the opinions of people who drive a lot of games of this type, invest in expensive steering wheels and accessories, and often race in real terms because their passion is cars. they usually use the Grid as a curiosity and express themselves in superlatives about the driving experience. obviously the Grid game doesn't compete with ACC and doesn't try to be like GT. it just gives you a lot of fun in different touring car groups and others like Formula Jedi or the F1 Renault R26 - they really managed to reflect the difference in driving these vehicles and toss this very colorful pebble into the basket with The Grid name, big thanks Southam team.

unfortunately, the marketing failed to inform what players should expect. maybe the game should have been called differently, maybe the Grid:Go or something that would indicate a lighter formula and contentthe. certainly, more information should appear earlier on what players can expect and in what direction the changes are going. then there would not be all this disappointment and hate because the game has to offer its advantages, which I wrote about earlier, and the content can always be developed. unfortunately, the bad ground was also prepared by the heavily cut Dirt 2.0, where winter appears in paid add-ons. such a policy did not appeal to the gamers and that's why next cutting the Grid's content for the seasons was also badly received at the start, especially when the standard content was little and much less than in the previous parts.

the community that often resembles a gang of offensive elementary school kids has also failed. instead of supporting the project and looking for positives, they started to ridicule and make negative comparisons often in a malicious tone. we live in such times that the quality of the product is not more important than the so-called whispered marketing, therefore community feedback is extremely important because it is able stop people buying, basis of building up doubts to block sales despite the product being well done.

I'm glad that CM closed the three seasons as it was promised and announced, because the game gained a lot of content, although I would still like more routes, cars and seasons and such additions as split-screen. the Trueforce update it is a positive swallow towards players, hopefully maybe not the last one 🙂

I am glad that the Dirt 5 will be based on the Grid template because I will treat it as fancy rally DLC and probably buy it to see if it will give you as much fun

back to the PCARS3 which is often compared with NFS Shift, it is no coincidence that it resembles DriveClub https://twinfinite.net/2020/06/project-cars-3-driveclub/

browsing a lot of reviews about this game. fans od PCARS2 are naturally disappointed but sunday arcade players should be satisfied. however, they are not because the game is heavily underdeveloped, and graphically it is far behind the Grid. apart from reviews, I follow the comments of a few people who have a positive attitude to this title, but after the purchase, unfortunately, they start to write in a negative tone, even though they like the changes. a lot of people are counting on patch updates but overall, the feedback curve is very negative, despite the large marketing campaign accompanying this premiere. I will rather skip this title and recommend pay more attention to the GRiD 🙂

Edited by minetti

whats surprising in a way is grid 2019 actually scored higher on metacritic for both reviewers & users then PC3.

other then that i have no gripe with pc3 cause i never played it but i can understand why some people are upset.

PC3 is the 3rd installment on the same console generation so it's expected to have More, Not less content then previous titles.

Anyhow, 1 other thing i find ODD is that PC2 is listed as a xbox one "enhanced" game but pc3 isn't, why is that ?

Posted (edited)

it has been written many times that the GRiD has great gameplay but needs split-screen support and further DLC expansions.

I hope that the gentlemens delegated to contact with the GRiD community will start again post some feedback 😕

no answers whatsoever looks terrible @Hoo

@CMTGK @ChrisGrovesMCM @PJTierney @BarryBL

Edited by minetti

Posted (edited)

Hey @minetti, I know you like this game as much as I do, but pinging too many moderators or Codemasters staff is against the rules.

Its called spam you know...

Edited by CordedQuill42
You may want to just leave them alone.
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Hey @minetti, I know you like this game as much as I do, but pinging too many moderators or Codemasters staff is against the rules.

Its called spam you know...

there are some specific questions regarding functionality and at least in these situations people delegated to support this part of the community should speak up.

see at Milestone advice, Collisions off option, G329 and I was asking about online stats refresh problems. nice if there is also some position in discussions such as split-screen or opportunities for further support.

no one reacts here, so I start calling people active in other departments and there is no malice in it

Edited by minetti